Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. Everyone else points to all the signs of a leftwards drift.
Have you ever been on a train - when it starts to move, before you can feel it, it looks as though the platform is moving backwards. It's the same perspective for those on a right-moving train - to them, it appears that the world is moving leftwards.

But perhaps your thinking is based only upon the most recent developments, such as the departure/dismissal of Shepard Smith and Christ Wallace and a couple of lesser lights. But if you take account of, say, the past half dozen years or so, the conclusion should be to the opposite.

Indeed, the fact of Wallace and Smith leaving for liberal networks may be nothing more than Fox realizing--from its disastrous decline in viewership--that the network bosses went a bit too far with their move to the left.
Fox hasn't moved to the left at all. Remember when Hannity had a lefty counterpart, Colmes? They gave up even pretending to be "fair and balanced" years ago.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,161,475.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always liked Chris Wallace..
Agree.

I'd tended to stop and watch when Chris Wallace was on if I passed by a TV while he was on because he had a more serious and realistic attitude, was always liable to ask a serious question, or something actually of importance.

More of a grown up, basically.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Fox hasn't moved to the left at all. Remember when Hannity had a lefty counterpart, Colmes? They gave up even pretending to be "fair and balanced" years ago.
And how much of Fox have you watched in the past four or so years? I am going to guess it's "not much" or else you couldn't say what you did here.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,433,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And how much of Fox have you watched in the past four or so years? I am going to guess it's "not much" or else you couldn't say what you did here.

Zilch - aside from the occasional Fox News Sunday clip when Wallace would ask a guest some tough questions.

...so enlighten us Albion. Who remains at FOX News that challenges guests in an objective manner?

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,433,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump’s Megaphone
Fox News news hosts knew that Trump’s lies were lies—and they amplified them anyhow.

Former Fox News Jonah
Goldberg conservative commentator writes...
"....A major reason I chose to leave with more than a year left on my contract was that I felt conflicted about speaking freely. Fox understandably doesn’t like to pay people who criticize Fox or its talent, and there is something unseemly about it.

So that was one reason why I left.

Another was that I didn’t want to be complicit in so many lies.

That’s the thing. I know that a huge share of the people you saw on TV praising Trump were being dishonest. I don’t merely suspect it, I know it, because they would say one thing to my face or in my presence and another thing when the cameras and microphones were flipped on."

....he goes on to highlight the dishonesty of Laura Ingram and others at FOX...

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,209,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He must have been quite unhappy with the environment, because I would think (I could be wrong), that going from an actual Cable program/channel to a streaming upstart would be a substantial pay cut.

Even Vox (a definite left-leaning outlet) ran an article about CNN+ and didn't seem too impressed by it
What is CNN+ and why would you pay for it?

What is CNN+, the cable news channel’s new streaming service? Let’s do the short answer first: CNN+ is not CNN.

Think of it, for now, as CNN Jr.

Slightly longer: If you want to watch Actual CNN, CNN+ is not for you. Actual CNN is still limited to people who pay for the news channel as part of a pay-TV bundle. So CNN+, which will launch next year for a yet-to-be-disclosed price, will be ... something else. That is, stuff that’s like CNN, but not on CNN (disclosure: Vox Media is producing a series with CNN Originals and I’m working on that project).

Here’s the full story: CNN+, like lots of other attempts from big TV programmers to move into the streaming world, is an in-betweener: It wants to leverage the old TV channel’s brand to create a new revenue stream, without cannibalizing the thing that generates enormous revenue and profits.

I haven't seen any links indicating how much he's getting paid to be on the new platform, but his previous salary at Fox was $7 million a year.

That's not to say that alternative platforms can't hit a homerun, or that a few key people can't make bank on an alternative platform (that otherwise doesn't do all that well in terms of numbers). Obviously there's platforms like Netflix that took off and have been wildly successful.

And then there's alternative platforms like SiriusXM (formerly two separate companies), where a couple of well-known personalities made big money (Howard Stern, Opie & Anthony) despite the platform not having huge draw overall, while the rest of the people on there made practically peanuts and was a virtual graveyard of washed up DJ's.

So who knows what Wallace's deal will be like. Even if CNN+ ends up being a flop, I think he has a enough name recognition that he'll land on his feet somewhere.

I guess time will tell. He could be the "Opie & Anthony/Stern" of CNN+, and do well for himself, but surrounded by shows hosted by people that nobody's ever heard of.

Or CNN+ could take off in a big way, and he will have gotten in on the ground floor.

In any case, he's a multi-millionaire, so early retirement is always an option too. (and probably the one I would take if I were in his position lol)

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
They want to get back to Trump Time All The Time.
Of course they do. Forget about right or wrong, their ratings were much much higher then.

As you know their catch phrase used to be "FOX News, Fair and Balanced". Now they are aiming for "Unfair and Unbalanced" though to be fair the latter part applies to their hosts.

Upvote 0