Upper midwest
✟61,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just thought I'd provide Scriptural proof that the flood did in fact occur and it happened as it was described by Holy men of old as they were lead by The Holy Spirit.
Notice In Genesis chapter 7 verse 16 :

And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.

It should be clear by this portion of Scripture that the account of the flood did occur as written and that God Himself shut the door. I do not believe Noah and his family could have exited the arc if they wanted to.
I see this as a type or shadow of The Rapture of the church. Noah and his family was "shut up by God in Christ.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,

Well, I entertained myself last night watching the netflix show, 'The Truth About Noah's Ark'. The gist of the show is that it's all a myth of some kind. They have scientists showing that a sea going vessel the size of the ark, as given in the Scriptures, could not have stayed afloat. Either because of the rough seas that a storm of that magnitude would surely create, or that there is no way, even today, for man to make a purely wooden craft that is water tight, to the 'fact' that there wouldn't have been a tree large enough for the hull rail.

Those were not scientists.

A scientist follows the procedures as they are written
and does not deviate from the writings.

Deviating from the writings invalidates the experiment.

In the text they were following, there is no wind or waves.

Yes, hard to swallow. But to stay true to the documented conditions
requires guts these guys were missing.

I'm not saying that Noah used stone, but
here is a rock floating in water.

250px-Pumice_Floating.jpg

Upvote 0