Canada
Visit site
✟17,045.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Married
Bookofknowledge said:
a pen which writes words is equally distructive then a guns, violence and shooting kids or women or people in general.

battles are fought in many realms and there are many ways to injure or hurt some times deadler then what a gun can do.

have you ever heard the warriors of words?

Do you think that praising another poster means that I am a warrior of words?

Upvote 0

satay

Veteran
May 17, 2005
Canada
Visit site
✟17,045.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Married
Bookofknowledge said:
go visit your own dictionary and then tell me what you find so I can confirm what you found in your own dictionary. then I will explain you what I ment.

What?

You asked if we(hindus) share our sins. I asked you what a sin is..you threw another word and said it is evil. I asked you what is evil...

Please answer so I can find out what your definition of sin is. or is it that you don't know what sin is. What is sin as per your understanding.

satay

Upvote 0

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
satay said:
Do you think that praising another poster means that I am a warrior of words?

I do not think you are a even close to millon miles to be called a warriors of words. beside that I asked you have heard about "warriors of words"...and you are asking did I meant you are warrior of words.......lol

Upvote 0

satay

Veteran
May 17, 2005
Canada
Visit site
✟17,045.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Married
Bookofknowledge said:
I do not think you are a even close to millon miles to be called a warriors of words. beside that I asked you have heard about "warriors of words"...and you are asking did I meant you are warrior of words.......lol

Do you know how many zeros after a million?
Evil: you don't know.
Sin: you can't define
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Bookofknowledge

Senior Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟20,321.00
Faith
Muslim
satay said:
What?

You asked if we(hindus) share our sins. I asked you what a sin is..you threw another word and said it is evil. I asked you what is evil...

Please answer so I can find out what your definition of sin is. or is it that you don't know what sin is. What is sin as per your understanding.

satay

you asked me define sin, I gave you "evil deeds" then you asked be define "evil", I asked you to open the dictionary and give me what you found.

sounds fair enough it's your turn to open the dictionary.

Upvote 0

Enochcalling

Oct 13, 2005
New Jersey
✟211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
satay said:
What?

satay

Early Christianity supported reincarnation. So it would only seem reasonable if Enoch or perhaps Moses/Elijah were the prophets that are the ones to fulfill rev. 10 and rev. 11 they must return in a physical body if they are going to lay in the street for 3 and 1/2 days after being murdered.
I can't subscribe to the belief that the Book of Revelation is just a symbolic writing to show the on going war between God and Satan as Catholics and other various Christian groups would have use believe. We are getting offthread here but I would like to address the Buddhists and the Hindu's in the future within another thread and show scripture supporting reincarnation. For now could we just please keep this thread pertaining to Islam Thank You

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Enochcalling said:
I don't see things as "worse" I see things as it's not to late to make a change. I'm not completely happy with what Constantine did in 364 AD by removing certain scipture for your reading enjoyment.

364AD? Constantine? Removing Scripture?

These don't add up, clarify.

The Council of Laodicea was held at that year, Constantine was long gone, and Book of Enoch is an apocryphal text.

What denomination are you a member of?

Upvote 0

Enochcalling

Oct 13, 2005
New Jersey
✟211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bushmaster said:
364AD? Constantine? Removing Scripture?
Bushmaster said:
These don't add up, clarify.

The Council of Laodicea was held at that year, Constantine was long gone, and Book of Enoch is an apocryphal text.

What denomination are you a member of?

Your right he presided over the Council of Nicea but his persecution over certain Groups during those times fueled the Council of Laodicea 29 years later. Almost like a McCarthy era subjection he frighten many people and forced people to run for their lives. Kill the Heritics and Heathens was his motto:
In 313 A.D., Constantine issues the Edict of Milan which gives Christians the freedom to worship openly throughout the empire, putting the growing new religion on an equal plane with the popular pagan cults and practices that thrived there.
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Suddenly, after more than two centuries of persecution unleashed on Christians by various Emperors, all Christians both "true and false", enjoy a new era of tolerance and acceptance throughout the empire.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Unfortunately for "True Christians", it doesn't last long.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]In 321, Emperor Constantine forbids work on "the venerable day of the sun", "Sunday" - changing the biblical day of rest from God's commanded seventh day of the week to the first day of the week.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]In 323, he defeats the Eastern Emperor to become sole ruler over the reunified Roman Empire.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]In 324, he makes Christianity the official religion of the here-to-fore pagan Roman Empire.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]In 325, Constantine himself presides over the council of Nicea at Bithynia. The council rules that all Christians that continue to memorialize the death of Christ on the 14th day Nisan, (Passover) must now keep the first Sunday after the Vernal Equinox (Easter Sunday) as the commemoration of His resurrection.[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica]In 337, Constantine is baptized on his death bed. Though he had declared Christianity the official religion of Rome 13 years earlier, he himself had not become a Christian.[/font]
In 365, the council of Laodicea strikes another crushing blow to the true church and bans the keeping of the "Jewish Sabbath", by Christians. It was now impossible for true believers to honor their commanded Sabbath openly without consequence even though all existing churches except those at Rome and Egypt still venerated the seventh day rest at that time.
I am Member of the Prophetic All-Demoninational Scribes of Christ Church. (We are an independent group not assoiciated with any other Church that may ascribe to this name. We accept The Trinity in its True Form: Father, Son and the Holy Spirit I need to make this clear) We study certain scripture that may bear understanding to the mystery of Genesis 6 and if its related to the book of revelation in particular Rev. 10 & Rev. 11. We study the Book of Giants and various writings of Enoch regarding the Giants and are presently studing The Book of Jubilee the first thousand years of Adam and Eve.
[font=Courier
 New]The Book of Jubilees, is an extensive retelling of Genesis and Exodus which emphasis is on the Halakhah (the teachings and ordinances of biblical law). Its contenst reveals an opposition to both Hellenizing influences and an affinity with the Qumran community (thus its 2nd cent. B.C. date). [/font]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟79,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's interesting to me that "Enoch rising" posts an evangelical article biased against Islam and then goes on to champion reincarnation?!

I really doubt very much that many evangelicals agree with the view that reincarnation was widely held in the early church or was a teaching of Jesus. I will agree though that some Gnostic sects held to reincarnation and there was one Church Father Origen who seems to have accepted it, but generally I doubt this was a teaching of the early church.

Another point Enoch raises is that if the Book of Enoch were accepted by the early church then the Qur'an would not be?!

"If the book of Enoch would not have been banned from the Bible I have my doubts that Mohammed ever would have written his book if Constantine handled that Conclave better."

It's further biased i think to say "if Mohammed ever would have written his book" as if Muhammad was a popular writer of the time...

- Art

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am Member of the Prophetic All-Demoninational Scribes of Christ Church.

Nice to meet you and I am a student to be a member of the Orthodox church which professes the original Christian faith, transmitted accurately through the centuries from the time of the apostles. The word orthodoxy, in fact, comes from Greek words meaning “right belief.” The church finds this original faith in the Bible; in the writings of early church fathers.

I am wondering if it is your denomination that supports that information you quoted off the "truechristian.org" website? Simply in Orthodox view, that website is a joke to begin with.

It is a twist of historical account and distortion for the denominational agenda purposes. Laodicea was not one of the main councils and it was held at 363-364, not 365. Constantine although himself being a sun god worshipper pagan, whatever it was meant in his dream (as dreams can be used by God in certain situations, only and only testifying to Lord's truth) this caused him to become a believer in Christianity. Constantine unified an empire, reorganized the Roman state, and set the stage for the final victory of Christianity at the end of the 4th century. Many modern scholars accept the sincerity of his religious conviction. His conversion was a gradual process; at first he probably associated Christ with the sun god. By the time of the Council of Nicaea, however, he was completely Christian, but still tolerated paganism among his subjects. While Constantine summoned for the council to gather in Nicea to fight the Arian heresy, he didn't, single-handedly, guide the council or removed anything from the Scripture or added to it. Neither the easter, nor the christmas date or beginnings, nor sabbath, nor the first day of the week, and many of these similar concerns your quoted website raises, don't have anything to do with the center of the Christian faith, Lord and Salvation. It is beating the dead horse instead of focusing to this center. Arius did the same thing in 4th century, your website is doing it today. Nothing new.

Your website says;

Constantine the first "Christian" Emperor of Rome, managed to undermine almost every precept that had been established by Christ himself.

Where does Christ establish sabbath, just for instance? The writer of that website didn't read Gospel of Luke that is for sure.

It also has some nonsense that resembles our Apache helicopter to the account in the Revelations 9. Come on, what a stretch to resemble the locusts to the Apache!

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would have thought you would compare your belief with those of other christian denominations that share some of your scripture and discards others that you read?

Language barrier again, what does this mean?

Upvote 0

urnotme

Jun 8, 2005
✟2,580.00
Faith
Nazarene
Arthra said:
The source of this article is I believe a Dr. David R. Reagan who is a Christian evangelist...

All I can say is it reveals the point of view of some Christian evangelicals and reflects their bias about Islam and is sadly a commonly held belief among many Christians who post here.

- Art
It seems like a lot of people, not just on this board but everywhere, who don't understand something automaticly assume it's demonic. I guess that's just human nature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Islam_mulia said:
Interesting group. But why the attack on Islam?
Why not?
Islam_mulia said:
I would have thought you would compare your belief with those of other christian denominations that share some of your scripture and discards others
that you read?

This has happened too; remarks were made about the removal of texts etc. You missed that!

Upvote 0

Enochcalling

Oct 13, 2005
New Jersey
✟211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bushmaster said:
Nice to meet you and I am a student to be a member of the Orthodox church which professes the original Christian faith, transmitted accurately through the centuries from the time of the apostles. The word orthodoxy, in fact, comes from Greek words meaning “right belief.” The church finds this original faith in the Bible; in the writings of early church fathers.

I am wondering if it is your denomination that supports that information you quoted off the " website? Simply in Orthodox view, that website is a joke to begin with.

Your website says;

Where does Christ establish sabbath, just for instance? The writer of that website didn't read Gospel of Luke that is for sure.

It also has some nonsense that resembles our Apache helicopter to the account in the Revelations 9. Come on, what a stretch to resemble the locusts to the Apache!
First of all the word Orthodox is defined as: adhering to what is commonly accepted; "an orthodox view of the world"
More than time on this planet what was "commonly accepted" was not always what was the "right thing." Later history has proven more than once that commonly accepted concepts change as the times change. This is not neccessarly a bad thing but it is a neccessary event. See it like the catapiller turning into the butterfly.
Now I don't know what website you are accusing me of cut and pasting from and as far as my church "Prophetic All-Denoninational Scribe of Christ Church" I am co-sponsor of this house of God. I am not aware that someone else is using this same name. Please show me a link to this website. You will never hear me state that rev. 9 is talking about Apache helicopters. The 5 months in rev. 9 is referring to the history of Islam. The five months is based on God's timeframe using the equation 30 minutes = 3.5 years in Heaven. The 30 minutes is determined when the seventh seal will be opened in Heaven. When openned there will be 30 minutes of silence. We believe this will be the time when God will talk to his two witness prophet that he will return to this Earth for 3.5 years.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First of all the word Orthodox is defined as: adhering to what is commonly accepted; "an orthodox view of the world"

And second of all, you read the whole page next time:

\Or"tho*dox\, a. [L. orthodoxus, Gr. 'orqo`doxos; 'orqo`s right, true + do`xa opinion (belief), dokei^n to think, seem;
cf. F. orthodoxe. See {Ortho-}, {Dogma}.]
1. Sound in opinion or doctrine, especially in religious
doctrine; hence, holding the Christian faith; believing
the doctrines taught in the Scriptures; -- opposed to
{heretical} and {heterodox}; as, an orthodox Christian.

You are using the common English definition, but there is more history to the word itself.

More than time on this planet what was "commonly accepted" was not always what was the "right thing." Later history has proven more than once that commonly accepted concepts change as the times change. This is not neccessarly a bad thing but it is a neccessary event. See it like the catapiller turning into the butterfly.

Since your definition of orthodox is not correct in the first place, the rest of this is not required to respond to. The point of Orthodoxy is that the worship won't change and should not change and the church keeps the traidition of the apostles. They succeeded in this.

Now I don't know what website you are accusing me of cut and pasting from and as far as my church "Prophetic All-Denoninational Scribe of Christ Church" I am co-sponsor of this house of God. I am not aware that someone else is using this same name. Please show me a link to this website.

Ok more questions. Did you write the piece about Constantine in your post #30? Or quoted some other source? I am not really interested in the minute year conversion as God I believe is out of human limits and time, and His kingdom is full of mysteries, His heaven doesn't have years in eternity.

Upvote 0