JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you run a search on Adam & DNA, you will see that science has now decided that they have their own Adam and Eve. All women can be traced back to one women, and all men they say can be traced back to one man. They say Eve was 180,000 years old and lived in the Euthopia, Kenya area of Africa. Not to far from the Garden of Eden actually :)

Now on one web site, they say Adam was only 60,000 years old, but on another web site, they say Adam was the same as Eve, 180,000 years old. I wonder which one it is. Was the first man alive at the same time as the first women?  Because one belief is that the Seth, the son of Eve, married a wife who was from another tribe of people who had been around on this earth for a while.

Anyways, it is interesting that God left us a record like that in the DNA. In fact some people are beginning to think within each individual is not only all of the DNA for a whole race of people, but also all the DNA for the whole universe and all life.

I don't know about the whole universe thing. But I know my maple tree out front produces enough seeds every year to plant a whole forest. They have those little wing things on them, so they can travel in the wind like a helicopter. My morning glories produce pounds of seeds. But the birds can eat them, so they do not go to waste.

Genesis 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

So what does that mean: the mother of all living?

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you talking about this site?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/genes/dna_detectives/adam_and_eve.shtml

Adam never met Eve
It might seem strange but - in genetic terms – Adam never met Eve. They lived approximately 85,000 years apart.

You might ask how this is possible. The answer is simple. Each region of the human genome has a different evolutionary history. It turns out there is more than one Adam or Eve depending which part of the genome you are looking at.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
The "Adam" and "Eve" you refer to are not the "first" male and female. They are the last common ancestor to which we share trace structuresin our dna with. The evidence that is used to trace this in no way leads us to believe that they were the only people living at the time in fact, the evidence that is used requires them to have been part of a larger population each with their own ancestreal heritage (and each with their own mitochondrial eve).

It is unfortunate that scientists use the term "Adam" and "Eve" when they discuss these studies because it can lead to misunderstanding of what the studies actually indicate (as you have demonstrated).

If you can find any reference to these "adam" and "eve" studies that state that they were the "first" humans or that they were the "only" humans, I would be interested to see it.

As man was developing as a species, this designation would have changed many times as populations died out and new ones were created. There is nothing to say that this designation will not change again in the future but it would take some significant extinctions of large populations of humans.

Learn what mitochondrial eve really is here:
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Facility/4118/misc/eve.html

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe the point is, we all carry our genology, our family tree around in us in our Genes. Science tells us there were lots of monkeys and human like people. But everyone today, all 6 billion of us, can be traced back to one women and one man. Also we are told, that man and that women may not have lived at the same time. That would indicate that the human race as we know it, was developed from a combination of two races. Somewhere along the way, they inner married, merged and became one.

Of course you can always go with the theory that Seth married his sister, but science does not support that. The DNA indicates otherwise.

The idea that there are three different races or three different groups of people does not stand up today. Anthopology has had to give that theory up.

Upvote 0