jpr7

Jun 11, 2006
Visit site
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you do not want to wax philosophical try using the example of the family as its not perfect but its a good example that can teach kids the basic of it. Jp II taught this.
The Catholic theologian Scott Hahn also used the family as an illustration in First Comes Love.

Reactions: Zeena
Upvote 0

angelmom01

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2006
✟50,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trinity in plain English - They are separate, yet one. They are one, yet separate.

How are they "separate"? He who has the Son has the Father also, as well as the Holy Spirit, as "they" comes and make "their" abode with us. Even when Christ dwelled among men, in the flesh, that Father was "in" Him.

I think a better word is "distinct". :)

Reactions: jpr7
Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How are they "separate"? He who has the Son has the Father also, as well as the Holy Spirit, as "they" comes and make "their" abode with us. Even when Christ dwelled among men, in the flesh, that Father was "in" Him.

I think a better word is "distinct". :)
Yea, is is kinda missing that connotation of 'Persons', now that you said that-meh
Even then, I wouldn't even go so far as to say separate [Persons], upon further reflection.

Upvote 0

angelmom01

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2006
✟50,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yea, is is kinda missing that connotation of 'Persons', now that you said that-meh
Even then, I wouldn't even go so far as to say separate [Persons], upon further reflection.

I think I'd have to agree.

I know of no way that you can have "one person" of "the Trinity" and not have ALL of GOD.

So, it becomes quite difficult to define an infinite being, one who can manifest himself in different ways to His creation, using finite terms... hard as we might try. :)

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I'd have to agree.

I know of no way that you can have "one person" of "the Trinity" and not have ALL of GOD.

So, it becomes quite difficult to define an infinite being, one who can manifest himself in different ways to His creation, using finite terms... hard as we might try. :)
Yet, the Lord has given us the desire to seek His face. Ergo, I do not believe it is a fruitless endevour ;)

Upvote 0

angelmom01

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2006
✟50,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yet, the Lord has given us the desire to seek His face. Ergo, I do not believe it is a fruitless endevour ;)
Absolutely not! :thumbsup:

The only problem that I see with it is when people try to define it so narrowly that if others do not use 'the same words' that 'they' do that they begin to accuse others of "denying" the Trinity (as I have had done to me many times, which is why I try to not get into 'debates' about it anymore).

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely not! :thumbsup:

The only problem that I see with it is when people try to define it so narrowly that if others do not use 'the same words' that 'they' do that they begin to accuse others of "denying" the Trinity (as I have had done to me many times, which is why I try to not get into 'debates' about it anymore).
I don't believe our Father in Heaven is ashamed as we speak of Him with Love! :kiss:

If men are, that's thier problem! :preach:

I'm not gonna let 'em stomp on my parade! :bow:
Or, better. Stomp all they like-lol-I'll just sing louder! hahaha!

Upvote 0

dana b

Dec 8, 2009
✟11,243.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hello Christians,
Again more talk without substance about "what is the Trinity?" At this rate the mystery will be unknown forever. God created Mankind in His image. So read it backwards. In man's image see what God also is. In chapter 4 of www.secondbookofdaniel.com the Trinity is described from mankind's example. This by no means says we are Gods, but the Bible says "we'er in his image. The negetive trinity is also there in chapter 10 on page 148 you can see the number 666. But to understand it all you have to read, check the Bible and think realisticly not fantastically!

Upvote 0