• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The torture of hyper sexuality as a single Christian

Psalm83:18

Oct 9, 2022
NYC
✟16,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
I understand that being that I was only very recently diagnosed With Bipolar 2 I need to give medication and therapy time to work but I am really struggling. The hyper sexual thoughts seem to grip me from out of nowhere and they are relentless, explicit, and perverse- especially being that I’m single. I was sitting home studying for an upcoming anatomy exam and I read the words “body cavities” and all of the sudden BAM! I’m having sexually overpowering (obsessive) thoughts. I pray and I talk to others but I feel like little by little, the hyper sexual thoughts are gaining momentum. I’ve already given in to masturbation and I become compulsive with it for days at a time. I know that God had not brought me this far to let go of me but I feel like I’m getting weaker not stronger. I feel like this disorder distances me from God. The desire to act on what I’m thinking and feeling is relentless.

Psalm83:18

Oct 9, 2022
NYC
✟16,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
I thank you for the video. I often feel like maybe I failed to grasp the concept of resisting thoughts. I feel like as much as I pray, read scripture, and try to focus on spiritual activities my negative/ sexual thoughts still manage to overtake me. When I first began feeling this way a few months back, I came home from work and cried to God, seeing how rampantly my sexual thoughts had taken control of my mind. They’ve never truly ceased since then. I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 recently. Looking back, it’s clear that the disorder was always present in my life to some degree. I find the hyper sexual aspect of the disorder to be particularly torturous, though. When I was not a Christian it was not as bothersome to me, as I’d act on impulse without much though. Today, I know I’m accountable and I’d suffer more so if I acted on the thoughts. I’m very appreciative of the support this forum provides.

• Prayers
Reactions: TheologyBuff
Upvote 0