Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We don't ask after we create democratic social programs. They are for the public good.
And we don't all get abortions for our sperm-babies or beat our women into submission.
But some do, and that's why we allow women to choose.
We have social programs for low income mothers. Its not the fetuses fault that the father is an abuser.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The morality of abortion has absolutely nothing to do with how an unborn child came into existence, or what potential socio-economic circumstance she may find herself in.

The morality of abortion stands or falls entirely upon how we understand the nature of the life growing inside the womb.

If the unborn are created in the Image of God and therefore possess inherent moral worth and value, then abortion is immoral.

I find the logic that the how in which a precious and innocent human comes into existence determines whether or not it’s ok to kill them.

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not every woman has a choice. That's why all men need to let them choose.

Yelizaveta Pantueva [ru] (Liza) was 5 years old when her 70-year-old maternal grandfather raped and impregnated her. She had her 6th birthday several days before giving birth. Pantueva's parents did not want the obstetricians to perform a cesarean section, as it was considered dangerous at the time. She gave birth in Kharkiv, with the aid of forceps and retractors. The 3 kg (6.6 lb), 52 cm (20 in) infant girl died during labor due to an early placental tear; she had been born at full term and apparently of good constitution and, according to doctors, would have survived if she had been extracted more quickly, revived, and oxygenated. After the incident, the family emigrated to Vladivostok, taking the girl's grandfather with them.[7]

Well, that's just terrifying

Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The book of Jeremiah tells us that unborn babies are in fact people (Jeremiah and abortion - Adam4d.com)
Unfortunately, GOP won't defund Planned Parenthood but keep saying they will so people will vote for them (GOP: 'Man, We Were Gonna Defund Planned Parenthood But Now We Lost The House, Oh Well, Maybe Next Time')

That's what it looks like. It's almost like abortion is just something we can say something about in politics for votes. We are hard-up on abortion during campaign season where we fight each other and tell a democrat that they're not a Christian because they vote that way when we in fact don't even know that person's heart. It's almost like the topic of abortion needs to be scrapped because neither party does anything about this issue. Funny you mention GOP- they mention pro-life this and that, but they don't do the work that comes out of their lips, but they are really good at throwing the dog a bone everyone once and a while saying that it's wrong. I mean, come on!

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have social programs for low income mothers. Its not the fetuses fault that the father is an abuser.
"They" have social programs. But Pro-Life organizations should cover all the costs and adopt every baby. Or else stay out of it.

Ok. I'll compromise. Pro-Life groups should adopt one baby per year.

Adding a child represents a major financial stress: The cost of raising a child today is $233,610 – excluding the cost of college – for a middle-income family, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.Feb 26, 2018

Upvote 0

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"They" have social programs. But Pro-Life organizations should cover all the costs and adopt every baby. Or else stay out of it.

Adding a child represents a major financial stress: The cost of raising a child today is $233,610 – excluding the cost of college – for a middle-income family, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.Feb 26, 2018

I'd take a good handful of those babies. I am struggling to conceive. Been trying for 5 years.

Reactions: Need answers
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, that's just terrifying
It must be common because I know of one similar case with a 12 y.o. who brought her baby to school to show everyone. Ok....her mom did, where my wife was a teacher. And moms boyfriend was in jail. So who is going to raise the kid?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd take a good handful of those babies. I am struggling to conceive. Been trying for 5 years.
You mean you'd take 5 if they were free of charge. But will you pay for 5 other babies childhoods after you've convinced them not to abort their baby? Have you paid $5 to support single mothers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You mean you'd take 5 if they were free of charge.
Sky, why are you so involved in every abortion topic when you only think abortion is acceptable because it’s currently legal. The moment abortion became illegal where you live you would have to change everything you’re saying.

After all, you believe Daniel actually sinned by praying to God when it was declared illegal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

carrico

May 5, 2019
TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean you'd take 5 if they were free of charge. But will you pay for 5 other babies childhoods after you've convinced them not to abort their baby? Have you paid $5 to support single mothers?

Yes and yes! I am open to adopting/fostering and I don't care what comes out of my pocket. I have helped single mothers before. I won't go into deep details on that one, but it's not $5 LOL ;)

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never met a single person who is "pro-abortion" but there are plenty of us who believe that the only authority here is the pregnant woman herself, hence the term "pro-choice".
That's great, in a democracy if there are "plenty of you" then you will be able to get the laws passed. The bottom line is that anything that is not designated in the Constitution for the Federal government to decide falls into the jurisdiction of the States. Every state in the US should have their own laws concerning the legality of abortion. The Supreme court decision short circuited the US constitution. If things were done righteously this issue would have gone away, but the evidence is clear, it wasn't done righteously and it has not gone away.

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes and yes! I am open to adopting/fostering and I don't care what comes out of my pocket. I have helped single mothers before. I won't go into deep details on that one, but it's not $5 LOL ;)

So have I. Pro-life agencies should do only that.
Focus only on life that exists, not burden the unfortunate
with children they are not able to support.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Adding a child represents a major financial stress: The cost of raising a child today is $233,610 – excluding the cost of college – for a middle-income family, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Feb 26, 2018
I think you mean 'keeping a child alive' will cost money. In the case of abortion the child has already been added, but is killed and ripped from the womb limb by limb.
How much does it cost me in tax dollars to fund this extreme oppression of the fatherless?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If it was all that easy to do people wouldn't be adopting children from out of the country. They do that for a reason.

Pro-Life organizations no doubt would do all you mentioned if the laws were eased up. Even agencies outside the pro-life realm would tell you that.

Ok. I'll compromise. Pro-Life groups should adopt one baby per year.

There are many within the low income group that would take you up on that if they could. Adoption isn't as easy as it should be within this country.

So, when people see others getting rid of something that others would gladly take on if they could? I doubt the 'stay out of it' part will minimize at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have never met a single person who is "pro-abortion" but there are plenty of us who believe that the only authority here is the pregnant woman herself, hence the term "pro-choice".
Hmmm. There are activists in the "pro-choice" movement who ARE pro-abortion, however. That doesn't mean that you've met them yourself, of course.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm. There are activists in the "pro-choice" movement who ARE pro-abortion, however. That doesn't mean that you've met them yourself, of course.
Perhaps they did meet them, but they didn't identify as being "pro abortion" only "pro choice".

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps they did meet them, but they didn't identify as being "pro abortion" only "pro choice".

What would a "pro-abortionist" look like? Would s/he demand that every woman have an abortion? That is clearly not the case, So what would they be advocating?

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What would a "pro-abortionist" look like? Would s/he demand that every woman have an abortion? That is clearly not the case, So what would they be advocating?
Oh Jack, up to your old tricks again!

Merriam Webster defines pro-abortion as: favoring the legalization of abortion

Given that definition, I think Jack himself is pro-abortion.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
That seems likely, since "pro-choice" is just an arbitrary term chosen because it sounds reasonable.

It would take having a deeper conversation with them in order to realize these such persons (not all people who want freely available abortions on demand) were actually pro abortion.

Upvote 0