Feb 20, 2004
Brisbane
✟29,179.00
Faith
Catholic
charlesseamanj said:
Ohh please go on.
It is the point of this thread.
:scratch: So the point of this thread is for the Catholics who have been taught all about the past of the Catholic Church, the problems it has had, and the issues it has tackled, to educate themselves about what they already know about?

Or are you just after more dirt to throw?

Upvote 0

Llauralin

Senior Veteran
Mar 23, 2005
Prizren, Kosova
✟10,831.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ann M said:
:scratch: So the point of this thread is for the Catholics who have been taught all about the past of the Catholic Church, the problems it has had, and the issues it has tackled, to educate themselves about what they already know about?
Apperently...

My pastor never taught us about the ecumenical councils! Or the teaching of the church fathers! I am outraged! He must be trying to hide something! :rollseyes:

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Ann M said:

Or are you just after more dirt to throw?

Ann, all I can say is that I am so glad that God yanked the rug out from under my feet that made me complacent in regards to Catholicism and the truth when I was a protestant, and caused me to walk down a path of deep investigation into Church History . .

Learning the truth, and not the misconceptions and misrepresentations of Church History and the Catholic Church has taught me that there is nothing to fear from the truth, and that much of what passes for truth regarding the Catholic faith in Protestant circles are lies and half truths.

Because I walked this path for 3 years, investigating, not afraid to learn the truth, rather than popular anti-Catholic renditions of it, I came to see the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith . . .and here I am. Very, VERY happy to be Catholic! :)

Peace

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Llauralin said:
Apperently...

My pastor never taught us about the ecumenical councils! Or the teaching of the church fathers! I am outraged! He must be trying to hide something! :rollseyes:

I'll tell you what . . I was outraged when I learned all the lies about the Catholic Church I had been spoon fed for 30 years, and all the facts I had never been informed about, both about the History of the Church as well as the Reformation.

Yes, I was outraged, but I did not blame my pastor . . .

Peace

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
thereselittleflower said:
I'll tell you what . . I was outraged when I learned all the lies about the Catholic Church I had been spoon fed for 30 years, and all the facts I had never been informed about, both about the History of the Church as well as the Reformation.

Yes, I was outraged, but I did not blame my pastor . . .

Peace

I feel the same way, I wish I knew the truth about Catholicism when I was younger, I missed out on so much.

For true Christian unity and ecumenicalism, we need to treat each other's viewpoints with respect and discuss our differences in an atmosphere of respect and love.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
stray bullet said:
I feel the same way, I wish I knew the truth about Catholicism when I was younger, I missed out on so much.

For true Christian unity and ecumenicalism, we need to treat each other's viewpoints with respect and discuss our differences in an atmosphere of respect and love.

I agree.

I hope this thread can change and become such a discussion . . . :)

Peace

Upvote 0

Ceris

I R the Nutness (and I love sedatta )
Mar 10, 2004
California
Visit site
✟27,650.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
MOD HAT ON

Ok everyone, just chill for a second.

What I see here in this thread is not debate, or kindly discussion, but rather a bunch of unsightly bickering. So chill, don't get so hot headed, and be mindful of your words. We are all Christians here, and you are talking to your brothers and sisters in Christ. Isn't it bad enough that sometimes there are more insults thrown around here than in General Apologetics?

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Catholic Dude said:
First of all "anathema" is an official excommunication from the Church, not a "curse" from God. .

Your only official excommunication is from God. Apart from him, you can do nothing:

John 15:5 NIV
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ann, all I can say is that I am so glad that God yanked the rug out from under my feet that made me complacent in regards to Catholicism and the truth when I was a protestant, and caused me to walk down a path of deep investigation into Church History . .

Learning the truth, and not the misconceptions and misrepresentations of Church History and the Catholic Church has taught me that there is nothing to fear from the truth, and that much of what passes for truth regarding the Catholic faith in Protestant circles are lies and half truths.

Because I walked this path for 3 years, investigating, not afraid to learn the truth, rather than popular anti-Catholic renditions of it, I came to see the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith . . .and here I am. Very, VERY happy to be Catholic! :)

Peace

Hi:wave:

Im the opposite. My family for three generations was given all the man-made teachings of the catholic church. When we found the truth through Jesus Christ it was the end for going to dead religion. Jesus wants to have a relationship with every believer.

You are not condemned for not attending masses and attending six massess concurrently is not a saving grace:

Romans 8:1 NIV
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, our sin has been removed:clap:

You cant condemn me with all your tragic and irrelevant regulations, my faith is in Christ Jesus!

Psalm 103:12 NIV
as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Catholicism has more regulations than Orthodox judaism, ha!

Galatians 5:1 NIV
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

:clap: :)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟248,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
graysparrow said:
Dear lismore:

Being excoumincated is a canonical penalty that, by itself, does not exclude you from salvation.

Dear graysparrow!

Im an adopted child of God. Excommunication from man means nothing to me.

Psalm 56:11 NIV
in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

:)

Upvote 0

charlesseamanj

Jul 2, 2005
Saint Petersburg, Fl.
✟577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can I ask why some are so quick to jump on "bible burning" by Catholics yet ignore the "bible burning" done by Protestants?

Peace
This is a thing done by both sides in the name of $$$$$$ they get from members tithes.
Yet another you will not be taught.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

charlesseamanj

Jul 2, 2005
Saint Petersburg, Fl.
✟577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Llauralin said:
You think they're diding that? Ever head of the service of the Triumph of Orthodoxy?

On that note, have you ever actually had an honest conversation with a real priest? I'm getting the impression you haven't.
I have had an honest conversation with a priest. That is why I know what the common beliefs are concerning icons. (which is: focus aids: their are differing views)

Upvote 0

charlesseamanj

Jul 2, 2005
Saint Petersburg, Fl.
✟577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FreeinChrist said:
Your comments are ridiculous and offensive!

Yes they appear to be.
But I put my trust in Jesus Christ alone.
I was addressing some of the cannons of The Counsel Of Trents' views on justification.
Perhaps you should read the OP and you will most likely be just as angry as I when you read it.

Upvote 0

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
lismore said:
Dear graysparrow!

Im an adopted child of God. Excommunication from man means nothing to me.

[bible]1 Corinthians 5:13[/bible]

Not only is excommunication biblical, but Paul commanded it.

But, as was said, no one is going to excommunicate you anyways :wave:

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
charlesseamanj said:
Yet another you will not be taught.

Did your pastor actually teach you that the Albeginisans were passing around erroneous translations to support their own culture of death and fornication and that these were what were burned?

Did your pastor ever teach you that the doctrines of sola fide and sola scriptura didn't even exist until 1517?

Did your pastor teach you how Martin Luther took away from the Word of God?

More things you will not be taught.

I hate to break it to you, but Catholics do not believe in sola fide which is wh Trent declares it so. I'm sure you were trying to expose our Church to us, but it is consistent with what we believe.:thumbsup:

I posted a link to all the councils a few posts back so you can learn more about what we believe and "expose" it to us ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.