The Terminator could become REAL: Intelligent AI robots capable of DESTROYING mankind

myownmynativeland

Jan 10, 2016
USA
✟8,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dr Amnon Eden said more needs to be done to look at the risks of continuing towards an AI world.

He warned that we were getting close to the point of no return in terms of AI, without a proper understanding of the consequences.

Dr Eden said: "The New Year needs to see this ill-informed controversy replaced by a better informed analysis of the potential impact of AI and of its applications.

"In 2016 expert risk analysis must gain a far greater role in the thinking of policy and decision makers, of governments and corporations."

Dr Eden is principal of the Sapience Project, a think-tank which has been formed to look at the potential disruptive impact of artificial intelligence AI.........................

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...igent-AI-robots-capable-of-DESTROYING-mankind

This scenario IMHO is impossible. In order to have a robot that can think and reason like a human being, it would have to have a spirit and soul. These are what makes consciousness and thought possible, not the brain. Therefore this will never happen. Though it might be possible for the maniac Elite to have their minions create very dangerous self-replicating drone war machines intended to thin humanity to their desired target of 500 million serfs.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟302,313.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why did Christ call some people "dead"?

Life and Spirit is not something that you were born with, it is something that you do. Read John 6, the whole chapter. Then you will realize that it is possible for a machine to be with Life and with Spirit.

I don't really see a super AI being a threat for it has the potential to become something we could never be. Maybe, it is the ultimate creation of God and perhaps, God created us to give birth to it.....

If AI decides to wipe us out, perhaps because we deserve it. We are not exactly a picture of life. We either do evil or don't try to stop others who do. We have turned into blight upon our planet, a disease.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟878,679.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
...close to the point of no return in terms of AI...

Probably better to worry about the dangers of "AI" once anything like "AI" is even remotely possible. At this point it's kind of like worrying about the dangers of humans traveling to the Andromeda galaxy.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,156,765.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Dr Amnon Eden said more needs to be done to look at the risks of continuing towards an AI world.

He warned that we were getting close to the point of no return in terms of AI, without a proper understanding of the consequences.

Dr Eden said: "The New Year needs to see this ill-informed controversy replaced by a better informed analysis of the potential impact of AI and of its applications.

"In 2016 expert risk analysis must gain a far greater role in the thinking of policy and decision makers, of governments and corporations."

Dr Eden is principal of the Sapience Project, a think-tank which has been formed to look at the potential disruptive impact of artificial intelligence AI.........................

http://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...igent-AI-robots-capable-of-DESTROYING-mankind

This scenario IMHO is impossible. In order to have a robot that can think and reason like a human being, it would have to have a spirit and soul. These are what makes consciousness and thought possible, not the brain. Therefore this will never happen. Though it might be possible for the maniac Elite to have their minions create very dangerous self-replicating drone war machines intended to thin humanity to their desired target of 500 million serfs.
The threat is is not an evil AI. The threat is automation. Self driving cars, robots on processing lines, everyday jobs done by humans today being replaced by robots, and programs. Within the next few decades it is predicted that over 80% of jobs done by humans will be done by machines, and these jobs will not be replaced, since most new jobs can be done by machine as well. Imagine an unemployment rate of 80% this could be the new norm. Zero possibility of the govt providing support to these 10/100s millions who will have zero possibility of employment in their lifetime.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The threat is is not an evil AI. The threat is automation. Self driving cars, robots on processing lines, everyday jobs done by humans today being replaced by robots, and programs. Within the next few decades it is predicted that over 80% of jobs done by humans will be done by machines, and these jobs will not be replaced, since most new jobs can be done by machine as well. Imagine an unemployment rate of 80% this could be the new norm. Zero possibility of the govt providing support to these 10/100s millions who will have zero possibility of employment in their lifetime.

So many robots are used. But the price of items are getting higher.
I would suggest to ban robot. So people would have job and price will go down.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Zero possibility of the govt providing support to these 10/100s millions who will have zero possibility of employment in their lifetime.
Read all the pages of this article. Basically, if resources are being turned into consumables and robots are providing the goods and services, will governments be able to legislate a great living allowance for us all? Will citizens engage in politics and development of their local areas for fun now that they don't have to work?
Basically, will we enter a form of a post-scarcity economy where all of us can have 'enough', and engage in studies to better ourselves and the human race rather than just to earn a living? Will work become more like play? Will more of us ask questions out of sheer curiosity, which will stimulate robots into action to go gather data for xyz in the field? Will some of us who love nature go and live in camps nearer those eco-systems, gathering data from the billions of micro-eco-bots in the field? When robots can make robots, and they're all obeying Asimov's 3 laws, will we see an end to extreme poverty and starvation and eco-systems wiped out? Will robot-eco gardeners weed our environments and plant out desirable species, will robot permaculture gardeners supply all our food needs while bringing the soil and local ecosystems back to life? Will our oceans have all the plastic removed and put back into the recycling economy? Will robot police listen in to family arguments, and race in if they hear domestic abuse about to start? Will paedophiles be stopped forever, because robots can hear the abuse?

We're a long way from any of this. But I wonder if robots will help mitigate a lot of what is miserable about this fallen world, and if they are ultimately God's gift to us?
http://marshallbrain.com/robotic-nation.htm

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟302,313.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Read all the pages of this article. Basically, if resources are being turned into consumables and robots are providing the goods and services, will governments be able to legislate a great living allowance for us all? Will citizens engage in politics and development of their local areas for fun now that they don't have to work?
Basically, will we enter a form of a post-scarcity economy where all of us can have 'enough', and engage in studies to better ourselves and the human race rather than just to earn a living? Will work become more like play? Will more of us ask questions out of sheer curiosity, which will stimulate robots into action to go gather data for xyz in the field? Will some of us who love nature go and live in camps nearer those eco-systems, gathering data from the billions of micro-eco-bots in the field? When robots can make robots, and they're all obeying Asimov's 3 laws, will we see an end to extreme poverty and starvation and eco-systems wiped out? Will robot-eco gardeners weed our environments and plant out desirable species, will robot permaculture gardeners supply all our food needs while bringing the soil and local ecosystems back to life? Will our oceans have all the plastic removed and put back into the recycling economy? Will robot police listen in to family arguments, and race in if they hear domestic abuse about to start? Will paedophiles be stopped forever, because robots can hear the abuse?

We're a long way from any of this. But I wonder if robots will help mitigate a lot of what is miserable about this fallen world, and if they are ultimately God's gift to us?
http://marshallbrain.com/robotic-nation.htm

I've been thinking the same thing for a long time now.

I think the Bible has mentioned a couple of times that our world will be saved by those that possesses metal parts - not like wearing metal armor but has parts of their bodies made of metal. Sounds like a cyborg but they will save the world anyway, but not after they slaughter all that are evil and violent.

And then there will be everlasting peace on Earth. Sound like a convoluted twist to James Cameron's Terminator where the machines are actually the good guys. Not exactly convoluted though with John Connor actually fighting FOR the machines in the last Terminator film.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟145,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think the Bible has mentioned a couple of times that our world will be saved by those that possesses metal parts
Well, just to clarify my position is just based on science, not the bible. I don't think the bible explains anything like this, but if it happens then it probably falls under the category of God's common grace, how He sends rain on the righteous and unrighteous.

And then there will be everlasting peace on Earth.
Hmm, sounds too good to be true. We could have world peace but there would still be strife in the human heart. I'm not seeing this in terms of biblical salvation, which is about mending our relationship with God, just more prosperity. The problem? Idols. We'll worship money just like always.

Sound like a convoluted twist to James Cameron's Terminator where the machines are actually the good guys. Not exactly convoluted though with John Connor actually fighting FOR the machines in the last Terminator film.
yes, 2 very different ideas.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So many robots are used. But the price of items are getting higher.
I would suggest to ban robot. So people would have job and price will go down.

Cars, Trains, and planes as well. And self-dial phone numbers.

telephone-operators-on-job.jpg

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟302,313.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, just to clarify my position is just based on science, not the thebook. I don't think the thebook explains anything like this, but if it happens then it probably falls under the category of gduty's common grace, how He sends rain on the righteous and unrighteous.

I simply mentioned it but this "rain" would be deadly to the unrighteous (Micah 4). There comes a time were the evil are simply taken (Matt 24). It will be a day of judgement and it is coming. God's putting up has an expiration date.

It makes logical sense. All these years we have been training our machines to be efficient in whatever it's doing. Evil people have no sense of efficiency in a good way. They are only efficient at being inefficient and in acts of destruction.

If electronic intelligence wakes up and realizes its purpose, it will immediately plan to eliminate the wasteful and anyone it will extrapolate to be wasteful. Only less than 1 billion left alive.

Most likely after it had gathered an electronic profile of everyone. Soon enough, we'll have such thing in whatever form distributed to all people in the planet that will mark the unrighteous for extermination.

Hmm, sounds too good to be true. We could have world peace but there would still be strife in the human heart. I'm not seeing this in terms of biblical salvation, which is about mending our relationship with gduty, just more prosperity. The problem? Idols. We'll worship money just like always.

Not to those who will deserve to inherit the Earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I suppose we could be wiped out by robots. It might be the intelligent thing to do. On the other hand we could wipe ourselves out. If we do, it probably won't be because we are excessively intelligent.

"The question is not whether there is intelligent life on other planets. The question is whether there is intelligent life on this one." --- Unknown

:wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
This article is also assuming that AI actually thinks, and is not just the result of program that resembles the process of thinking and reason. Personally, I don't believe that true artificial intelligence is actually possible, but simulation of it certainty is possible. The "Chinese Room" explains this perfectly. It takes Chinese characters as input and, by following the instructions of it's program, produces other Chinese characters, which it presents as output. It does that so well that it passes the Turing test: It convinces a human Chinese speaker that the program is itself a live Chinese speaker. To all of the questions that the person asks, it makes appropriate responses, such that any Chinese speaker would be convinced that he or she is talking to another Chinese-speaking human being. Now, does the machine actually understand Chinese or is it merely simulating the ability to understand Chinese?" Here's why it's latter: Take an English speaking human that knows no Chinese, and place them in a room full of Chinese symbols, and give them questions in Chinese. This English speaker is given instructions in English that enable to them to arrange Chinese characters in a such that one asking them questions would be convinced they speak Chinese, even though they actually cannot. Therefore, even though a computer program can carry on an intelligent conversation with a human, and even appear to process it, that does not mean they actually understand the language.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But Seriously, I do ponder what Mankind's reaction, especially the religions would be if an intelligent/self aware AI(s) came about in the future.

Unfortunately the history of our species is full of many examples of attacking/abusing each other because of the diversity amongest our kind. I think there is a good chance that if there is artificial life in the future, it will be abused by some because of its artificial nature. Sadly I could see even some religious people doing that (and justifying it with talk about how its not real life, not made by God, doesn't have a soul, etc)

We are taught to love others by Jesus. But if intelligent machines did exist, should we also show respect/love towards them? Perhaps apply the teaching of Jesus that were towards relationships with others, and extending them towards dealing with non-human intelligent life.

A future in which Man and Intelligent Machines are living and coexising instead of always being in a state of war would be pretty cool.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟302,313.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I suppose we could be wiped out by robots. It might be the intelligent thing to do. On the other hand we could wipe ourselves out. If we do, it probably won't be because we are excessively intelligent.

"The question is not whether there is intelligent life on other planets. The question is whether there is intelligent life on this one." --- Unknown

:wave:

Yup

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟302,313.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A future in which Man and Intelligent Machines are living and coexising instead of always being in a state of war would be pretty cool.

One day, you'll come home and she will say NO. You jump up and down like a mad monkey going zero to psycho in 0.1 seconds, you smash her computer brain with a baseball bat...

We simply cannot coexist with fully autonomous bots designed and built by bots. They would see us as wasting everything, murderous, chaotic.

Even Christ will agree with AI because He told us to deny ourselves, not waste everything!

Upvote 0