MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The teachings of the kingdom (Millennial Kingdom—NC) have not been applied to any man. Since they anticipate the binding of Satan, a purified earth, the restoration of Israel and the personal reign of the King, they cannot be applied until God’s appointed time when these accompanying conditions on the earth have been brought to pass.

The kingdom laws will be addressed to Israel and beyond them to all the nations which will enter the kingdom (excluding the Church which will be reigning with Christ over the kingdom, which will involve Israel - Luk 22:30—NC). It will be the first and only universal reign of righteousness and peace in the history of the world. One nation was in view when the Law of Moses was in force on the earth; the individual is in view during this dispensation of grace; and the whole social order of mankind will be in view when the kingdom is established on the earth.

The reign of the King is never said to be ushered in by a gradual process of world improvement; it is introduced suddenly and with great violence. The return of the King to rule is like a smiting stone, and will demolish the structure of the world empires. Satan and the satanic deception will have been removed from the earth, Israel will have realized the glory of her Covenant; and the long-predicted blessing (eternity with the Father, Son and Spirit—NC) will have come upon all the Gentiles (and Christian Jews—NC), and upon creation itself (Rom 8:21).

The Church is not mentioned in relation to the teachings of the kingdom (it’s all earthly, esp. new earth—NC), nor are those teachings applied to her (Jhn 3:12, 31); for her part in the kingdom is not to be reined over, but to reign with Christ, her Head. She, being the Bride of the King, is His Consort. She will be under the heavenly teachings of grace, and her home will be in the bosom of the Bridegroom in the heavenly palace of the King (Father’s house of mansions - Jhn 14:2—NC).

The King will rule Israel and the nations with a rod of iron (Rev 2:27 – probably “breaking of rocky hearts in pieces at conversion.” J Gill). Sin and iniquity will be rebuked instantly and judged in perfect righteousness. Clear conception of the glory of the kingdom is lost if it is confused with the age of grace which precedes it, or with the sinless new heaven and new earth of the eternal state which follows it. The kingdom closes with a demonstration of the failure of man and thus it adds the last message of the converging testimony of the wickedness of the fallen heart, and to the fact that in the exceeding grace of God alone is there salvation.

If truth for the children of God under grace is to be drawn from the teachings of the Law of Moses, or the kingdom, it should be acknowledged that it is taken from a system totally foreign to grace (the kingdom is the time for judgement, like the Law that showed judgment, e.g. Rev 18, 19; grace will return after the condemning of the lost on the old earth (Rev 20:11-15), and the eternal new heaven and earth begin. Just my opinion—NC).

—L S Chafer

MJS daily devotional excerpt for March 2

“Faith does not create or produce, but rests and rejoices in what God does!” –MJS

“A great many people have the faith that seeks, but they have not a faith that rests. The Lord Jesus is here, rest in Him, let the burden go. ‘Lord, I trust Thee now; I abide in Thee now. Lord, as I think about my home problems, my business pressures, my personal difficulties in every sphere of life, I bring them all, and give them all to Thee.’ And believe that He keeps you. I am sure this rest of faith is the center of all activity.

“You cannot work without friction until you have this rest of faith—complete dependence not only on what the Lord has done, but on what He is to you this very moment. Rest in Him. ‘God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that ye always [not sometimes] having all sufficiency in all things, may abound unto every good work’ (2 Cor. 9:8).” –Eliza Hodges (1803-1867)

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The teachings of the kingdom (Millennial Kingdom—NC) have not been applied to any man. Since they anticipate the binding of Satan, a purified earth, the restoration of Israel and the personal reign of the King, they cannot be applied until God’s appointed time when these accompanying conditions on the earth have been brought to pass.

The kingdom laws will be addressed to Israel and beyond them to all the nations which will enter the kingdom (excluding the Church which will be reigning with Christ over the kingdom, which will involve Israel - Luk 22:30—NC). It will be the first and only universal reign of righteousness and peace in the history of the world. One nation was in view when the Law of Moses was in force on the earth; the individual is in view during this dispensation of grace; and the whole social order of mankind will be in view when the kingdom is established on the earth.

The reign of the King is never said to be ushered in by a gradual process of world improvement; it is introduced suddenly and with great violence. The return of the King to rule is like a smiting stone, and will demolish the structure of the world empires. Satan and the satanic deception will have been removed from the earth, Israel will have realized the glory of her Covenant; and the long-predicted blessing (eternity with the Father, Son and Spirit—NC) will have come upon all the Gentiles (and Christian Jews—NC), and upon creation itself (Rom 8:21).

The Church is not mentioned in relation to the teachings of the kingdom (it’s all earthly, esp. new earth—NC), nor are those teachings applied to her (Jhn 3:12, 31); for her part in the kingdom is not to be reined over, but to reign with Christ, her Head. She, being the Bride of the King, is His Consort. She will be under the heavenly teachings of grace, and her home will be in the bosom of the Bridegroom in the heavenly palace of the King (Father’s house of mansions - Jhn 14:2—NC).

The King will rule Israel and the nations with a rod of iron (Rev 2:27 – probably “breaking of rocky hearts in pieces at conversion.” J Gill). Sin and iniquity will be rebuked instantly and judged in perfect righteousness. Clear conception of the glory of the kingdom is lost if it is confused with the age of grace which precedes it, or with the sinless new heaven and new earth of the eternal state which follows it. The kingdom closes with a demonstration of the failure of man and thus it adds the last message of the converging testimony of the wickedness of the fallen heart, and to the fact that in the exceeding grace of God alone is there salvation.

If truth for the children of God under grace is to be drawn from the teachings of the Law of Moses, or the kingdom, it should be acknowledged that it is taken from a system totally foreign to grace (the kingdom is the time for judgement, like the Law that showed judgment, e.g. Rev 18, 19; grace will return after the condemning of the lost on the old earth (Rev 20:11-15), and the eternal new heaven and earth begin. Just my opinion—NC).

—L S Chafer

MJS daily devotional excerpt for March 2

“Faith does not create or produce, but rests and rejoices in what God does!” –MJS

“A great many people have the faith that seeks, but they have not a faith that rests. The Lord Jesus is here, rest in Him, let the burden go. ‘Lord, I trust Thee now; I abide in Thee now. Lord, as I think about my home problems, my business pressures, my personal difficulties in every sphere of life, I bring them all, and give them all to Thee.’ And believe that He keeps you. I am sure this rest of faith is the center of all activity.

“You cannot work without friction until you have this rest of faith—complete dependence not only on what the Lord has done, but on what He is to you this very moment. Rest in Him. ‘God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that ye always [not sometimes] having all sufficiency in all things, may abound unto every good work’ (2 Cor. 9:8).” –Eliza Hodges (1803-1867)
What is the Kingdom of God? I know it is not what LS Chafer claims it to be.

-“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”
-“The kingdom of God is in the midst of you"
-“If it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you”

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Kingdom of God.
Blessings.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What is the Kingdom of God? I know it is not what LS Chafer claims it to be.

-“Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”
-“The kingdom of God is in the midst of you"
-“If it is by the finger of God that I cast out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you”

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Kingdom of God.
Blessings.
Hi, and thanks for the reply! The kingdom within the believer is Christ Himself, by the Spirit, i.e. where Christ is, there is the kingdom. But this only involves Christ and our obedience to Him, and not the kingdom itself, which is when it actually comes in it's fullness, i.e. the Millennial kingdom, with Christ ruling the world.

The author is referring to the Millennial Kingdom in the article, and not the spiritual kingdom within the believer:

J Gill - "for behold the kingdom of God is within you: in the elect of God among the Jews, in their hearts; it being of a spiritual nature, and lying in righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

"In the dispossession of Satan, the strong man armed; in the putting down of the old man, sin, with its deceitful lusts, from the throne; and in setting up a principle of grace, as a governing one; and so escapes the observation of natural men, and cannot be pointed at as here, or there: hence it appears, that the work of grace is an internal thing; it is wrought in the hearts of men.

"It has its seat in the inward parts, and is therefore called the inner, and the hidden man: it does not lie in words, in an outward profession of religion: it is oil in the vessel of the heart, and is distinct from the lamp of a visible profession; it does not lie in external works and duties, but it is an inward principle of holiness in the soul, or spirit of man, produced there by the Spirit of God."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, and thanks for the reply! The kingdom within the believer is Christ Himself, by the Spirit, i.e. where Christ is, there is the kingdom. But this only involves Christ and our obedience to Him, and not the kingdom itself, which is when it actually comes in it's fullness, i.e. the Millennial kingdom, with Christ ruling the world.

The author is referring to the Millennial Kingdom in the article, and not the spiritual kingdom within the believer:

J Gill - "for behold the kingdom of God is within you: in the elect of God among the Jews, in their hearts; it being of a spiritual nature, and lying in righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

"In the dispossession of Satan, the strong man armed; in the putting down of the old man, sin, with its deceitful lusts, from the throne; and in setting up a principle of grace, as a governing one; and so escapes the observation of natural men, and cannot be pointed at as here, or there: hence it appears, that the work of grace is an internal thing; it is wrought in the hearts of men.

"It has its seat in the inward parts, and is therefore called the inner, and the hidden man: it does not lie in words, in an outward profession of religion: it is oil in the vessel of the heart, and is distinct from the lamp of a visible profession; it does not lie in external works and duties, but it is an inward principle of holiness in the soul, or spirit of man, produced there by the Spirit of God."
Yes, I understand but I do not believe in a Millennial reign on this current earth. Jesus Christ of Nazareth said His Kingdom is not of this world. There is only one Kingdom so there can not be a millennial kingdom because it sets its roots on this world and not the world to come.
Blessings

Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I understand but I do not believe in a Millennial reign on this current earth. Jesus Christ of Nazareth said His Kingdom is not of this world. There is only one Kingdom so there can not be a millennial kingdom because it sets its roots on this world and not the world to come.
Blessings
There will be a new earth and new heaven after the Millennia. If we don't understand this thousand year rule of the Lord Jesus we cannot know the truth of many things. Scripture is directly clear concerning its occurrence, as the language shows the thousands years in each of these key verses (Rev 20:4-7).

Though Jesus' kingdom is not of this world, He will begin His kingdom here on this old earth and then take it into eternity with the eternal states, after the removal of the old heaven and earth (Rev 21:1).

God bless!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There will be a new earth and new heaven after the Millennia. If we don't understand this thousand year rule of the Lord Jesus we cannot know the truth of many things. Scripture is directly clear concerning its occurrence, as the language shows the thousands years in each of these key verses (Rev 20:4-7).

Though Jesus' kingdom is not of this world, He will begin His kingdom here on this old earth and then take it into eternity with the eternal states, after the removal of the old heaven and earth (Rev 21:1).

God bless!
Jesus Christ of Nazareth already brought His Kingdom to the world, but it is not of this world or will it ever be. This is the Gospel which has no end, one King who reigns forever and He is reigning right now. His Kingdom is within us, His Holy Spirit. Jesus said, "for behold the kingdom of God is within you" in response to the Pharisees asking when the Kingdom of God will come. A literal 1000 year reign just makes no sense at all especially for the reasons given. One day there will be a last day and this will occur in a " twinkle of an eye ", ressurection of all people, final judgment then the New Jerusalem for those who have not suffered the second death.
Thanks for sharing, the more I read your posts the more adamant I am about this position.
Blessings.

Note: In full disclosure, I am Amillennial and a partial Preterist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WordSword

Sep 8, 2017
MO.
✟250,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ of Nazareth already brought His Kingdom to the world, but it is not of this world or will it ever be. This is the Gospel which has no end, one King who reigns forever and He is reigning right now. His Kingdom is within us, His Holy Spirit. Jesus said, "for behold the kingdom of God is within you" in response to the Pharisees asking when the Kingdom of God will come. A literal 1000 year reign just makes no sense at all especially for the reasons given. One day there will be a last day and this will occur in a " twinkle of an eye ", ressurection of all people, final judgment then the New Jerusalem for those who have not suffered the second death.
Thanks for sharing, the more I read your posts the more adamant I am about this position.
Blessings.

Note: In full disclosure, I am Amillennial and a partial Preterist.
That's ok, because only Scripture sets the course, as we know. God bless!

Upvote 0