catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so basically what it is going to come down to is if there is a second wave how well the treatment works ( Remember, treatments do not work the same on everyone) If in fact, we re-open after cases slow and we do have a second deadlier wave and places like Sweden do not then it could be that we cost more lives than we saved, but if the treatment does work (on a sizeable amount of people then our efforts worked.
ah, worst possible scenario? Ok, well, as you know, we only have hope solely in Christ, alone. He is our hope, and there is no other hope, no other person or thing or idea or whatever, that is a true ultimate hope.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
ah, worst possible scenario? Ok, well, as you know, we only have hope solely in Christ, alone. He is our hope, and there is no other hope, no other person or thing or idea or whatever, that is a true ultimate hope.
but sense no one is God we do not know which way it will go. There could be no second wave in which case many lives were saved. There could be a second wave with treatment in which more lives were saved or there could be a second wave with no treatment that works on that strain in which case not only have we loss people in the first wave, but we lose a LOT more in the second wave. Since no one but God is well God we have no way of knowing.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The truth does seem to disturb :)

It's not so much a case of the truth being disturbing, rather it's the bizarre spin being put on it.

When you compare the Nordic countries and the impact of COVID-19, Sweden is worse off in that regard.

I have no idea how anyone can think this is a success.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's not so much a case of the truth being disturbing, rather it's the bizarre spin being put on it.

When you compare the Nordic countries and the impact of COVID-19, Sweden is worse off in that regard.

I think it's a success.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sweden has had 10x the number of deaths as each of their neighbors (Norway, Finland). How is this a success story exactly? :scratch:
I think what Sweden is betting on is let's get it over. Yes, more people die up front, but we have herd immunity as opposed to it taking 12 to 18 months with roughly the same number of deaths ( may be a little less) just more spread out.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,089.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The truth does seem to disturb :)
Well, we need to get the truth, first. And lest we forget - you are the poster who was off by a factor of 10 in your reporting of the number of annual influenza deaths. And there are very serious reasons - as we have seen - to question your original post. From Business Insider:

Sweden's controversial coronavirus strategy has led to nearly 10 times the number of deaths of other Nordic countries — and it serves as a counterargument to US citizens calling for their country to reopen.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I think what Sweden is betting on is let's get it over. Yes, more people die up front, but we have herd immunity as opposed to it taking 12 to 18 months with roughly the same number of deaths ( may be a little less) just more spread out.

Time will tell I suppose. But it's way too early to know which side of history Sweden is going to land on.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Time will tell I suppose. But it's way too early to know which side of history Sweden is going to land on.
or us because if their plan works we are going to be the ones that come out looking worse.

• Agree
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
or us because if their plan works we are going to be the ones that come out looking worse.

Dunno if I'd use the U.S. as a gauge for anything at this point, because they had a poor start in responding to the pandemic to begin with.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That we are saving a lot of lives here in the U.S., and Sweden is losing more than they best could?

Yes, that is sorta disturbing, but....non of us are immortal in these temporary bodies, so I don't feel greatly disturbed at just death.

Today or any day could be the last day for any of us.

I'm very comfortable with that, for myself.

I do think about more about people having more time to turn to the Lord instead of dying without Him though.
Our missionaries are reporting back that way more ears are open to the gospel in this time. And in areas where they weren't so much open before all this came down. Really this is a good time to shine for Jesus Christ. I spend very little time in the political section of these forums, I'd rather be elsewhere. Plus I have work to do for the pastor etc, so I tend not to argue much here ( I'm easy lol ).

As to dying, I have no fear of death, of death itself that is but I have to say gagging for two weeks to get there isn't too appealing sounding.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Is it or is your news ? That's all part of the deception in this thing and these times. Who to believe. In human terms not much of anyone in the media it seems ( that goes for both sides of the fence at various times by the way).

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm talking about the raw statistics. Sweden has 10x the reported number of deaths compared to Norway and Finland, their Nordic neighbors.
But someone reports the statistics right ? How do you know it's close to accurate ? You don't.

• Winner
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
But someone reports the statistics right ? How do you know it's close to accurate ? You don't.

Unless I have specific reasons to doubt them, I can only take them at face value. I'm not otherwise going to be gaslighted in that regard, thanks.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, depends if the second wave is worse than this wave would it not have been better to have one wave and get it over with or shut down just to re-open to just have a worse wave and have to shut down again.
If we have sufficient test kits and quick test results we shouldn't have to shut down again. If we do it may be only in small pockets (hot spots) around the country.
We will have to test Every single person who comes into the country and they will have to isolate themselves until the test results come in.

My concern is that it appears that migrant workers from other countries are going to be allowed in. So they need to be isolated and tested before they can move freely about just like everyone else.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
If we have sufficient test kits and quick test results we shouldn't have to shut down again. If we do it may be only in small pockets (hot spots) around the country.
We will have to test Every single person who comes into the country and they will have to isolate themselves until the test results come in.

My concern is that it appears that migrant workers from other countries are going to be allowed in. So they need to be isolated and tested before they can move freely about just like everyone else.
They are allowed in to keep the food supply strong. That means that when stuff needs picked it needs picked otherwise it goes to waste.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That we are saving a lot of lives here in the U.S., and Sweden is losing more than they best could?

Yes, that is sorta disturbing, but....non of us are immortal in these temporary bodies, so I don't feel greatly disturbed at just death.

Today or any day could be the last day for any of us.

I'm very comfortable with that, for myself.

I do think about more about people having more time to turn to the Lord instead of dying without Him though.
I agree and we don't need more children without their parents and grandparents that care for them.
Foster care isn't usually an ideal or even happy life for children especially if they are separated from their siblings.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,110,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They are allowed in to keep the food supply strong. That means that when stuff needs picked it needs picked otherwise it goes to waste.
I am quite aware of that so did you consider my solution that could keep down the spread?

Upvote 0