Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let's not F around, you are all into something regardless of how much you bend your knee.
You're taking personal shots at me, which we can take as a concession that I've proven the invalidity of your point and you don't want to admit it.

Carry on as you wish.

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
James 2:19 says, "You believe that there is one God. You do well! The demons believe that and they shutter!

Now demons have more knowledge of God then any human has, but they are not God followers are they?

It is not a knowledge project!

If a child can come to salvation through trusting Jesus to lead them, we know it is not too complex a knowledge requirement.

The gap between believers and non-believers is apathy, and once one has the small requisite knowledge they look at the entailments of theism and reject God because, like the demons, they don't want to surrender autonomous control over their lives.

No one is separated from God due to lack of knowledge but rather refusal to abdicate the thrown an confess Jesus as Lord (Romans 10:9).

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I was tricked, I was brainwashed, I was ignorant of there being anything else than what I believed. Jesus whoever he is or was died two thousand years ago, and he never came back.
Doesn't sound like you are seeking anything based on the claim in your last sentence. That might be as difficult thing to support given the internal and external evidence. Or were you in a cult that passed on some secret knowledge that historians have missed?

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There's only two type's of people:

Type A: People who are F'd up and care.

Type B: People who are F'd up and don't care.

Besides the obvious cynism points why force "People" into such a false dichotomy?

In what sense are people "F'd up?"

Do you have anything that passes as warrant for this belief?

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you have undeniable, irrefutable proof that your God is real, then why am I not convinced by your evidence. If God is as real as the earth is round or the sky is blue, why would any rational person deny that.

Undeniable? Irrefutable? We aren't talking mathematical proofs here!

Since Descartes we haven't been able to "prove undeniable," that other minds (people) exist, or there is a real external world, or the reality of the past.

Seems you are asking for a lot of justification.

Now imagine you believed God existed (something I've argued elsewhere misses the whole point of Christianity), so what, God could care less. He is not looking for believers! He is looking for people who want to be adopted as sons and daughters.

Many will say I don't want to be adopted. Or keep raising the epistemic bar to say as Richard Dawkins does, "Not enough evidence."

To which God will say Richard you had more than most who are my children and will inherit my kingdom, but your will be done Richard, bye bye.

Nothing wrong with gathering evidence that you examine over time, but much of Christian evidence is experiential. Much is properly basic having nothing to do with evidence at all. If you approach this project as a knowledge refutation project you will never have a proper understanding of the real external world one day in your life.

Having now read your comments, calling yourself a "seeker," seems dubious. I'm skeptical of your status. However, if you are sincere and want to understand that Romans passage, Paul is pointing to a number of arguments for the existence of God (they don't get you to Jesus, just a personal, eternal, all-good, all-powerful, all-knowledgable, immaterial being.

The libnizian and Kalam cosmological arguments
And the argument from beauty (part of a larger class of transcendent arguments for Gods existence) are all helpful Google search terms.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HatGuy

Some guy in a hat
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
✟123,338.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Christian,.

If Jesus (AKA God) is evident, that you can prove to other's that he is real (And God) That his invisible qualities are clearly seen in nature, then why aren't we all Christian's?

If you have undeniable, irrefutable proof that your God is real, then why am I not convinced by your evidence. If God is as real as the earth is round or the sky is blue, why would any rational person deny that.
People make decisions based on their emotions, not just facts or what's rational. We aren't all Christians because we all interpret things differently based on our own emotions, and make different decisions as a result.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Christian,.

If Jesus (AKA God) is evident, that you can prove to other's that he is real (And God) That his invisible qualities are clearly seen in nature, then why aren't we all Christian's?

Anytime you encounter truth in love, you’ve encountered God, however, it’s possible to turn the other way and reject it, but nothing else will fill you and complete you like the love and truth of God.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟262,415.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anytime you encounter truth in love, you’ve encountered God, however, it’s possible to turn the other way and reject it, but nothing else will fill you and complete you like the love and truth of God.

Seems to me you have stated a great truth here. To be taught of God is a great thing.

Blessing to you.

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Friendly
Reactions: Chriliman
Upvote 0