XThemessenjahX

Oct 5, 2015
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone,

I was raised in a baptist home and never stepped foot in a public school. My mom did everything she could as a single mom (divorced before I was born due to an abusive husband) to keep me in a Christian school. I asked the Lord into my heart when I was very young, but I never understood what it was to be a Christian until about a week ago. I always said I was a Christian, but honestly never truly lived it. I would go to church once in awhile, pray occasionally, defend God every chance I could, but I never really felt Christ in my heart. Since the age of 15 ive had an addiction to inappropriate contentography. I kept telling myself, "all men struggle with this" to make myself feel better even though I knew it wasnt true. But like a lot of men I found a wonderful girl and got married. My wife knew I had issues with inappropriate content, but I never told her how far I had let myself go. So, here I am saying im a Christian, but being chained by a horrible thing. I kept telling myself I couldnt keep doing this, but I felt I couldnt stop. A week ago I was on youtube just browsing end of the world videos and in the mix was Pastor Paul Washer. I listen to his whole sermon about being a Christian and how a lot of people are tricked into believing if you say a little prayer and ask Christ into your heart youre magically saved and you can keep on doing whatever you want. This sermon changed my life. After listening to it I gave up and asked God for help and I felt the chains break. I knew then that I was not of this world and I was meant for more. I have been free of inappropriate contentography for a week now. I know I am still in the infant stage of recovery, but I had to tell others my story and let anyone else dealing with sins of the flesh like I was to let it go. Understand that the struggle is real, but with God you can truly overcome your demons in Yeshua's name. Yeshua said "I am He" to the guards when they were asked who they were looking for and they fell to their knees when He said that. The great I Am is all you need. There is great power in His name and demons will flee when you speak His name. If you will keep me in your prayers as I still need them as I will keep anyone who reads this in mine. I might not know your name, but I Am does.