Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I understand your trying to avoid my question. Heck, you Theo-evos have been doing it a while now.
Your view is not supported by the bible. If so, please show me chapter and verse.

You are still avoiding commenting on the content of my original post. First you use circular reasoning as a scarecrow tactic, and now you are redirecting back to me to avoid dealing what I presented already. Typical avoidance while claiming avoidance from someone else.

Adam was mortal because he was created mortal from a mortal world. You are the one who offers zero evidence Adam was not created mortal. You have your opinion only.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are still avoiding commenting on the content of my original post. First you use circular reasoning as a scarecrow tactic, and now you are redirecting back to me to avoid dealing what I presented already. Typical avoidance while claiming avoidance from someone else.

Adam was mortal because he was created mortal from a mortal world. You are the one who offers zero evidence Adam was not created mortal. You have your opinion only.

I've presented evidence that Adam prior to the fall was like Jesus in His resurrrected body. Same as our resurrected bodies will be.
You disagree. So be it.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's nothing cryptic about it. It's a perfectly legitimate criticism of the idea that Adam and Eve were immortal.

1 Cor 15:52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.54But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality,

Restored to the state prior to the fall.

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Cor 15:52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality.54But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality,

This part of the verse is different in my Bible. The 1 Cor. 15:54 I see says, "When this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled:
‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’"

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This part of the verse is different in my Bible. The 1 Cor. 15:54 I see says, "When this perishable body puts on imperishability, and this mortal body puts on immortality, then the saying that is written will be fulfilled:
‘Death has been swallowed up in victory.’"

Does it matter?
My point is I believe after the resurrection we will be given bodies that we would have had if Adam didn't fall.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've presented evidence that Adam prior to the fall was like Jesus in His resurrrected body.

uh, you presented zero evidence of that. The fact that Adam was created from this mortal world is evidence to dispute that he was immortal. Dirt returns to dirt, dust to dust, that is the natural and normal cycle of a mortal life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There's nothing cryptic about it. It's a perfectly legitimate criticism of the idea that Adam and Eve were immortal.

Exactly. If they were immortal they wouldn't have needed to eat from the tree of life. Obviously a tree of life was to counter death.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

No, you are adding a restoration and adding before the fall. The verse suggests no such thing. It only says the saved will go from mortal to immortal not back to immortal.

Upvote 0

Sep 5, 2015
✟70,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
uh, you presented zero evidence of that. The fact that Adam was created from this mortal world is evidence to dispute that he was immortal. Dirt returns to dirt, dust to dust, that is the natural and normal cycle of a mortal life.

You do know dust returning to dust was imposed upon mankind as part of the curse? yes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does it matter?
My point is I believe after the resurrection we will be given bodies that we would have had if Adam didn't fall.

It matters because the extra bit you added is what you would need to make your case.

You do know dust returning to dust was imposed upon mankind as part of the curse? yes?

Yes. Do you know how it was accomplished? Refusing access to the Tree of Life.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

No it wasn't part of a curse nor was there a curse at all. The supposed curse was just poetic language that conveyed Adam's life would be hard everyday until he died. Death wasn't a punishment, the hard life was and farming by yourself with a wife that would have two young children means a very hard life for a long time, and even with the son's eventual help that farming life is still extremely hard.

Upvote 0