The simpsons-against religion or just good ol' fun?

Are the simpsons sacreligious?

• Yes-it continually makes fun of christians(e.g. Ned Flanders)

• No-its just good ol' fun;i mean if we cant take a few hits without taking offense well be a nation o

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry bro. bible man is nowhere - and i mean really really really really really faraway - as intertaining as shows such as "south park" "The Simpsons" "Jackass" "The Tom Green Show" and the list goes on. if i want a good gut laugh i turn on one of these.

Can you truely clam to live for Jesus and also saturate yourself with this stuff?

Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The Simpsons defy God constantly! South Park does it even Moreso! Don't even get me on Tom Green now ...

And Damien ... I think we all understand that it is 'just a cartoon.'

The point we are trying to make is not that we should analize it's every plot structure and theme, but see if by watching The Simpsons are we glorifying God (or ... does the show The Simpsons glorify God?)?

The answer is obviously no.

God bless!

btw, Veggie Tales rock!

Upvote 0
how can you clame to be a christian and then go judging me like that? i like to laugh. a lot of the stuff on there i find laughable. sorrrrrry, i was trying so hard to live up to your standerds too.

Not my standards. My standards are far too low. I'm just a sinnin' chump like you my friend.

You're being judged by God's standards. If you'll notice, I used the Bible to make my stance ... something you have yet to do on this thread.

The Simpsons don't need to glorify God. They're cartoons and they aren't really alive.

Obviously the family of the Simpsons isn't real. That agrument is kinda pointless.

But you watching that show ... does that glorify God? Does the show itself glorify God (btw, the Simpsons are created by man ... thus, are the people that make the simpsons glorifying God?)?

God bless!

Upvote 0
Who are you to say they're not Christians? Maybe they just have a good sense of humor.

According to God or according to the world?

Again I quote "Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."

God bless!

Upvote 0
I dunno ... maybe it's the way they

1) Never share the word of Jesus in their show
2) Make fun of Christianity
3) Use God's name in vain
4) Make fun of the fact that they use God's name in vain
5) Never commend Christianity in the show.

There's five reasons ... and as we all know 5 is the number of power ... I'll rest there.

God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Yes, I know. I enjoy to stretch the truth. But wait, why did you say everyone who watches the show is a Satanist?

... You took my words COMPLETELY out of context!

What I ment to say was this: Everyone who LIKES the show is a satanist!

(hehe, shouldn't this belong on the sarcasm thread? :D)

take that number 5 and shove it!!

I think you'll notice that the word 'shove' is spelled with FIVE letters. Therefore 5 has power over it. You cannot 'shove' five.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.