✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 John 2:4 (NASB20)
The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scripture puts forth a rather severe ultimatum with this truth; ‘if one does not, one does not’…. For regardless of what one says, or claims about oneself, if one does not, one does not….

Truth puts forth such a severe ultimatum because of this simple truth; God lives in righteousness, and can only reveal Himself to those willing to live where He lives…. There is no getting around this truth, if one would know God one must be willing to live in righteousness…. For only to the degree that one does to that degree can God reveal Himself….. One might know all scripture, be able to dissect the definition of words, be a great orator, be a great articulate-er of the letter of scripture, but scripture itself puts forth a whole different criteria, that criteria being, one needs to walk in righteousness if one is to know Him…. For knowing about God and knowing God being two totally different things, each being proved by the fruit that is brought forth….

One being that which elevates self, the other being that which elevates Christ….. For in the doing of righteousness Christ is elevated, therefore as scripture says by the doing of righteousness will He be known….

How then is one to live if one would know Him…?

Scripture puts forth the only way;

That being the way of faith, trusting Christ to live His life of righteousness in and through one….

Blessings as we know Him, by He, living our lives, Not me

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mat 18:4 it’s a starting point. Being excited about God and loving Him and making decisions because we want to please him. And being stubborn not to go against our consciences. One step at a time, one decision at a time.
a simple life, doing what’s right in the major things. Not sweating the small stuff. And then growing up in the expression of it. Overcoming fears because he wants us to. Being faithful, enduring, forgiving. Shooting for a good character.

Reactions: Not me
Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mat 18:4 it’s a starting point. Being excited about God and loving Him and making decisions because we want to please him. And being stubborn not to go against our consciences. One step at a time, one decision at a time.
a simple life, doing what’s right in the major things. Not sweating the small stuff. And then growing up in the expression of it. Overcoming fears because he wants us to. Being faithful, enduring, forgiving. Shooting for a good character.
In the doing would make the unqualified qualified, being blessed in being one made qualified….

Unto Him be our all, Not me

• Friendly
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It shows, as Christ is being formed in you it shows…

Many blessings, a fellow follower, Not me
Its not a works oriented gospel. I’m not trying yo justify myself. I know that Jesus is the one who justifies. I really don’t think it’s a terrible ultimatum except for the first few years. After you get some victories under your belt. But even after you persist there are still decisions to be made. New and old things to be faithful at. I have a good life I’m not always busy. In the things I do I have to keep at it. My pastor says there is no retirement from our ministering as long as we are able.

He is very much into application of the word to ourselves. I haven’t seen anyone say quit yet. I’m not earning a place into heaven. Just want to obey as much of it as I can so I get there. It’s not about earning a place, working off my sin, getting indulgences from purgatory. It’s about being effective in my witness. Showing you can get there from here, after a bad past. Possible for me and those like me and everyone.

I want to live a holy life. I think it’s required. To whom much is given much is required literally.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its not a works oriented gospel. I’m not trying yo justify myself. I know that Jesus is the one who justifies. I really don’t think it’s a terrible ultimatum except for the first few years. After you get some victories under your belt. But even after you persist there are still decisions to be made. New and old things to be faithful at. I have a good life I’m not always busy. In the things I do I have to keep at it. My pastor says there is no retirement from our ministering as long as we are able.

He is very much into application of the word to ourselves. I haven’t seen anyone say quit yet. I’m not earning a place into heaven. Just want to obey as much of it as I can so I get there. It’s not about earning a place, working off my sin, getting indulgences from purgatory. It’s about being effective in my witness. Showing you can get there from here, after a bad past. Possible for me and those like me and everyone.

I want to live a holy life. I think it’s required. To whom much is given much is required literally.
I rejoice with you, as you and all those that would, continue to search into and after Him that we all might get our ‘well done’s’…. Blessings

Unto Him, Not me

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I rejoice with you, as you and all those that would, continue to search into and after Him that we all might get our ‘well done’s’…. Blessings

Unto Him, Not me

subject. 2Tim 2:19. Encouraging- Joh 5:17. Mat 12:50
Mat 26:14
Rev 22:14
Rev 3:5

Last edited:
Upvote 0