The Seven Trumpets and the King of the North

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,408.00
Faith
Christian
I was looking at alternate possibilities and came upon something interesting. Daniel 11:36-44 seems to line up close with the Seven Trumpets. The Seven Trumpets, like the blasting of trumpets for seven days during the battle of Jericho, represent to complete liberation of the Jews, Jerusalem, and the Holy Land. It begins with the elect Israelites being protected and the great tribulation coming to a close, then transitions to the retaking of the promised land by the covenant people to the point Jerusalem is liberated entirely.

The sequence in this hypothesis begins with the First Trumpet being the attack upon the king of the north by the king of the south. Second Trumpet is his response, where he brings in troops, horses, and a great navy fleet to invade many nations. The Third Trumpet is the characteristics of the king of the north, that he exalts himself as a god after taking many nations and dividing among flatterers. Anyone losing their land would be very bitter, as if they drank wormwood and grew sick. The Fourth Trumpet is the invasion of the Beautiful Land and abomination that causes desolation mentioned in Daniel 9:27. Genesis 37:9-11 shows Joseph having a dream where the sun, moon, and eleven stars bow down to him and Jacob understood this to mean his parents and brothers. So the Fourth Trumpet is the taking of the holy land.

The Fifth Trumpet is a siege whereby the wealth of nations is devoured by the king of the north, the wealth of Egypt, Sudan, and Libya. The Sixth Trumpet is the king of the north being alarmed by rumors from the north and east, then setting out to destroy and annihilate many. The Seventh Trumpet is where the Two Witnesses are resurrected and ascend to heaven to meet Jesus in the air as he comes with his elect.

I know it's not a perfect alignment yet, but something worth considering. Thoughts?

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know it's not a perfect alignment yet, but something worth considering. Thoughts?
Barraco,

Go to Revelation 8....

trumpet 1 a third of the trees, all green grass burnt up
trumpet 2 a third of the sea became blood, indicating death to a third of life in sea
trumpet 3 a third of drinking waters became poisoned
trumpet 4 a third of the sun, a third of the moon, and a third of sun darkened, indicating the atmosphere becomes filled with smoke.

trumpet 5 woe 1 flesh tormenting locust creatures - 5 months in duration
trumpet 6 woe 2 200,000,000 size army, killing a third of mankind (the news out of the East in Daniel 11:44)

trumpet 7 woe 3 (Satan cast down to earth having great wrath)

...so what it boils down to is the 7 trumpets collectively span the second half of the seven years. The trumpet 6, woe 2 appears to be the news coming out of the East in Daniel 11:44)

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was looking at alternate possibilities and came upon something interesting. Daniel 11:36-44 seems to line up close with the Seven Trumpets. The Seven Trumpets, like the blasting of trumpets for seven days during the battle of Jericho, represent to complete liberation of the Jews, Jerusalem, and the Holy Land. It begins with the elect Israelites being protected and the great tribulation coming to a close, then transitions to the retaking of the promised land by the covenant people to the point Jerusalem is liberated entirely.

The sequence in this hypothesis begins with the First Trumpet being the attack upon the king of the north by the king of the south. Second Trumpet is his response, where he brings in troops, horses, and a great navy fleet to invade many nations. The Third Trumpet is the characteristics of the king of the north, that he exalts himself as a god after taking many nations and dividing among flatterers. Anyone losing their land would be very bitter, as if they drank wormwood and grew sick. The Fourth Trumpet is the invasion of the Beautiful Land and abomination that causes desolation mentioned in Daniel 9:27. Genesis 37:9-11 shows Joseph having a dream where the sun, moon, and eleven stars bow down to him and Jacob understood this to mean his parents and brothers. So the Fourth Trumpet is the taking of the holy land.

The Fifth Trumpet is a siege whereby the wealth of nations is devoured by the king of the north, the wealth of Egypt, Sudan, and Libya. The Sixth Trumpet is the king of the north being alarmed by rumors from the north and east, then setting out to destroy and annihilate many. The Seventh Trumpet is where the Two Witnesses are resurrected and ascend to heaven to meet Jesus in the air as he comes with his elect.

The 2nd Trumpet is the burning mountain. this symbolizes the fall of Babylon.

Jeremiah 51​
24Before your very eyes I will repay Babylon and all the dwellers of Chaldea for all the evil they have done in Zion,” declares the LORD.​
25“Behold, I am against you, O destroying mountain, you who devastate the whole earth, declares the LORD. I will stretch out My hand against you; I will roll you over the cliffs and turn you into a charred mountain.

If you recall Revelation 17:10's the 'one that is', the 6th head of Babylon - that is the one that is falling. It is destroyed by the Medes (Jeremiah 51:11) (the bear is attacking the lion).

the 3rd Trumpet is Wormwood in reference to Numbers 5 bitter waters ritual, test for spiritual faithfulness.

The 4th Trumpet is a reference the shaking of the heavens which is a change in the world order as described in Haggai 2

21“Tell Zerubbabel governor of Judah that I am about to shake the heavens and the earth: 22I will overturn royal thrones and destroy the power of the kingdoms of the nations. I will overturn chariots and their riders; horses and their riders will fall, each by the sword of his brother. 23On that day, declares the LORD of Hosts, I will take you, My servant, Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, declares the LORD, and I will make you like My signet ring, for I have chosen you, declares the LORD of Hosts.”​

The 5th Trumpet is the locusts. Locusts means an invading army. It is the locusts that 'cut off the daily sacrifices' of Daniel 12:11 (Joel 1:2-9). These are the flood of forces that place the abomination at the 6th Trumpet. (There is an abomination at the start of the 1290 days and also at the end of the 1290 days.)

Judges 6​
1Again the Israelites did evil in the sight of the LORD; so He delivered them into the hand of Midian for seven years, 2and the hand of Midian prevailed against Israel. Because of the Midianites, the Israelites prepared shelters for themselves in the mountains, caves, and strongholds.​
3Whenever the Israelites would plant their crops, the Midianites, Amalekites, and other people of the east would come up and invade them, 4encamping against them as far as Gaza and destroying the produce of the land. They left Israel with no sustenance, neither sheep nor oxen nor donkeys. 5For the Midianites came with their livestock and their tents like a great swarm of locusts. They and their camels were innumerable, and they entered the land to ravage it.
The 6th Trumpet is the abomination / winter sabbath start of the great tribulation/ start of 1290 days.

new%20graph%202%20abominations%20jpeg.jpg

Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was looking at alternate possibilities and came upon something interesting. Daniel 11:36-44 seems to line up close with the Seven Trumpets.
Daniel 11:40-45 deals with the period just before the Great Tribulation, which comes in 12:1 --
"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time...

= Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’[fn] spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand)... 21 then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be."

The seven trumpets are post-trib; Daniel 11:40-45 is pre-trib.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Daniel 11:40-45 deals with the period just before the Great Tribulation, which comes in 12:1 --
"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time...

= Matt. 24:15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’[fn] spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand)... 21 then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be."

The seven trumpets are post-trib; Daniel 11:40-45 is pre-trib.
William, Daniel 12:1 is talking about the end times, compared to other parts of Daniel 11 that covers historical events like Antiochus IV and also end times events like in Daniel 11:40-45.

Daniel 12:1 is not referring to a sequence following Daniel 11:40-45. But to the end-times part of history.

Daniel 11:40-45 is talking about a final set of battles near the end of the 7 years, which brings all of the nations into the middle east as a prelude to Armageddon. In Daniel 11:45 is Armageddon, when the beast-king, king of the west, will meet his end.

45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

I made a couple of illustrations regarding Daniel 11:40-45. One is about the prelude battles. The other is about the beast-king coming to his end, at Armageddon, when Jesus returns.

The events in Daniel 11:40-45 will take place over a relatively short period of time, probably around 3 months, at the very end of the 7 years.

prelu to armageddon.jpg

between the seas.jpg

Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Daniel 12:1 is not referring to a sequence following Daniel 11:40-45.
Of course it is. 12:1 begins with the words "At that time, " which refer back to the events of 11:45, when the King of the North sets himself up "at the glorious holy mountain," thus committing the abomination of desolation. Which, as Jesus prophesied, immediately precedes the great tribulation, which 12:1 goes on to tell about. It's all right there.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Of course it is. 12:1 begins with the words "At that time, " which refer back to the events of 11:45, when the King of the North sets himself up "at the glorious holy mountain," thus committing the abomination of desolation. Which, as Jesus prophesied, immediately precedes the great tribulation, which 12:1 goes on to tell about. It's all right there.
"At that time" in Daniel 12:1 is referring back to the "time of the end" in Daniel 11:35, an appointed time.

35 And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

Now we go to Daniel 12:4

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book,
even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Next in Daniel 12:6-7

6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?

7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

So the king in Daniel 11:36, who rebels against the God of his fathers (a phrase referring to the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob - because the person is a Jew) does his evil against the Jews for a time/times/half time.

The battles in Daniel 11:40-44 are near the very end of the time/times/half time. And in Daniel 11:45, that king will meet his end in Jerusalem.

Daniel 11:36- Daniel 12:12 is talking about time of the end events.... to take place within the time/times/half time.

Upvote 0

WilliamLhk

Nov 6, 2023
Colorado
✟15,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So the king in Daniel 11:36, who rebels against the God of his fathers (a phrase referring to the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob - because the person is a Jew) does his evil against the Jews for a time/times/half time
This verse has nothing to do with Jews: the whole story of Daniel 11 is about the GREEK descendants of Alexander the Great's empire. The verse reads, "gods [plural] of his [Greek] fathers..." No Jewish "king of the north" existed or will exist from this lineage.

You say, "Daniel 11:36- Daniel 12:12 is talking about time of the end events.... to take place within the time/times/half time."
But the events of Daniel 11:40 - 12:1 take place before the resurrection of the dead (12:2-3) at the Parousia of Christ. Whereas the 3-1/2 times come after that.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Revelation chapter 9 , first four trumps align with zechariah chapter 1, the four horns.
Its education system, economic, political and religion. The four horns align with four trumps.
The 5th trump is probation.
6th trump, satan in his role as antichrist comes to Jerusalem, 5 month period.
7th trump, Jesus returns to Jerusalem. This starts the millennium.

Daniel chapter 11. The vile one is satan as antichrist. He comes 6th trump.

There's few brethren who are not qualified to teach God's word . There misleading people with by Precepts of men. Its not sound doctrine.

Titus chapter 3 and epistle John, warns Christian people to steer clear of misguided brethren. Who teach tradition of men. Ignorance plays big part.

Were in 5th trump. Revelation chapter 13 will document, the one world political system receives deadly wound near future. Satan as antichrist will come 6th trump, and heal deadly wound, by establishing world peace.

Micah chapter 1 is cross reference. I documented this.

If anyone wants to listen to misguided brethren, be my guest.

James chapter 1 . All wisdom and knowledge comes from God. This is the gospel armour of ephesians chapter 6.

The misguided preachers will worship antichrist near future. They are ignorant and illiterate of God's word. They wont study sound doctrine.

Upvote 0