• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

The Seed of Abraham

Discussion in 'Ecclesiology' started by Biblewriter, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+1,920
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Previously addressed.

2. Ligurian

Ligurian Pelasgian

+220
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Saying someone has a forked tongue is not orthodox Christianity, is it?

Without guile is "an Israelite indeed."

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  3. Ligurian

Ligurian Pelasgian

+220
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    Well, I'm giving them again... for the silent reader to think about. The true oddity is Cephas, a Chaldean word...

You must be the only one who knows what the code word "orthodox" means.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  4. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+1,920
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    We have dictionaries for that.

5. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+1,920
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Which is why I do not present it as such.
    Now, if we can just get rid of the deceit in the doctrine of two gospels.

The forked tongue (deceit) of two gospels is in contradiction to Christian orthodox NT teaching.

6. Ligurian

Ligurian Pelasgian

+220
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    BTW, anything in the Bible can be considered orthodox. The Ministry of Truth is secular.*

Galatians 3:2-5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, [doeth he it] by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?KJV

Galatians 2:7-9

John 14:15-17 If ye love Me, keep My Commandments and I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, that He may abide with you for ever: the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

*"As soon as Winston had dealt with each of the messages, he clipped his speakwritten corrections to the appropriate copy of The Times and pushed them into the pneumatic tube. Then, with a movement which was as nearly as possible unconsicious, he crumpled up the original message and any notes that he himself had made, and dropped them into the memory hole to be devoured by the flames."--Orwell, 1984

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  7. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+1,920
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Only by interpretation of it is anything orthodox.

8. Ligurian

Ligurian Pelasgian

+220
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    In the gentile gospel... sure, maybe, if you say so, whatever.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
    (John 8:31-32)

9. Biblewriter

Biblewriter Senior Member Supporter

+1,411
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Anyone who denies anything the Bible teaches is not orthdox.

10. Ligurian

Ligurian Pelasgian

+220
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    And some people are actually aware of the audience being spoken to.

If I were to read someone else's mail, I would try very hard not to have any opinion at all about the contents or react to instructions given to the recipient. If I overhear a man being told by his wife to go buy milk and eggs for breakfast, I don't get in the car and go to the store thinking that if I heard it at all, then it must have been said to me. The woman... who is reasonable... probably wouldn't blame me for denying to fulfill the request she made to her husband.

11. Biblewriter

Biblewriter Senior Member Supporter

+1,411
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Yes. And that is why we should not imagine that the promises made to the ancient nation of Israel, apply to ourselves.

12. Ligurian

Ligurian Pelasgian

+220
    United States
    Protestant
    Private
    I completely agree.

Which begs the question: where did the Bible actually come from and who are the Israelites? Do you believe everything written into history books, or do you have a mind of your own?

Why does the code of Hammurabi read like the Mosaic Law? Why do the Nuzi Documents explain the social ordering of that Law? These two peoples aren't called Israelites. Nor are the Sumerians which had much of the primitive materials of the book of Genesis. From how far away did the writings of the Bible actually travel, in order to be found in the Library of Alexandria and translated into the Septuagint?