Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who has attempted to witness to Jewish people who do not believe in Jesus have encountered "the list..."

The list which I suspect was assembled by Chabad types to try to debunk Jesus as the Messiah.
  • World peace
  • Returning the Jews to the Holy Land
  • Rebuilding the temple
To which there are easy answers solving them from the Tanakh and showing also the fulfillment in the New Testament.

But one stumped me for many moons... the second coming / return of Messiah in the Tanakh.

There's no lack of references in the New Testament to the second coming... but then it occurred to me (I was shown) that the second coming of Messiah has a unique meaning to the Jews who do not believe in Jesus. The Jews who believe in Jesus and the Gentile converts to faith in Jesus see the second coming in an entirely different way.

The second coming of Jesus involves not only his triumphal return and then judgment but it is also the day of reckoning for the Jews (that they finally cry out to Jesus for salvation). Problem is, it will take having their backs up against the wall of the Armageddon campaign and total annihilation to get them to that point.

Matthew 23:37–39 (KJV)
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

You will not see me until the second coming which will be for me to rescue you when at long last you cry out to me.

Malachi 3:7 (KJV)
7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

And what Jesus prophesied is found in:

Psalm 118:25–26 (KJV)
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

Hosha nah! (hosanna) Save now!

The second coming in the Tanakh

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's no lack of references in the New Testament to the second coming... but then it occurred to me (I was shown) that the second coming of Messiah has a unique meaning to the Jews who do not believe in Jesus. The Jews who believe in Jesus and the Gentile converts to faith in Jesus see the second coming in an entirely different way.
So how do non-Jesus believing Jews see events play out? Would have been good to include that.
If they think their Messiah comes to save them (even if its not Jesus) then it must still be to save them from something, so do their backs have to be against the wall too for them?

Upvote 0

JohnD70X7

Feb 10, 2021
Southwest
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So how do non-Jesus believing Jews see events play out? Would have been good to include that.
If they think their Messiah comes to save them (even if its not Jesus) then it must still be to save them from something, so do their backs have to be against the wall too for them?
Yup. That's what the ultimate purpose of the Great Tribulation is all about.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟171,072.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Pray for the Peace\Shalom\Salam\平安 of Kehillat Beijing in the ultimate purpose of Great Tribulation. I have been a member of It. But Now for I have no international passport I can not visit It.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Anyone who has attempted to witness to Jewish people who do not believe in Jesus have encountered "the list..."

The list which I suspect was assembled by Chabad types to try to debunk Jesus as the Messiah.
  • World peace
  • Returning the Jews to the Holy Land
  • Rebuilding the temple
To which there are easy answers solving them from the Tanakh and showing also the fulfillment in the New Testament.

But one stumped me for many moons... the second coming / return of Messiah in the Tanakh.

The second coming of Jesus involves not only his triumphal return and then judgment but it is also the day of reckoning for the Jews (that they finally cry out to Jesus for salvation). Problem is, it will take having their backs up against the wall of the Armageddon campaign and total annihilation to get them to that point.

Matthew 23:37–39 (KJV)
37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

You will not see me until the second coming which will be for me to rescue you when at long last you cry out to me.

Malachi 3:7 (KJV)
7 Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the LORD of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?

And what Jesus prophesied is found in:

Psalm 118:25–26 (KJV)
25 Save now, I beseech thee, O LORD: O LORD, I beseech thee, send now prosperity.
26 Blessed be he that cometh in the name of the LORD: we have blessed you out of the house of the LORD.

Hosha nah! (hosanna) Save now!

The second coming in the Tanakh
Hmmm, Hoshanah as in, השנה renders The Second Time.

The First and Second Advents are referenced in Yeshayahu 11, however just as the Jews were not crazy about Aphrîyem [the Lost sheep of the House of Ishrael] returning to the fold, neither shall they nor Christianity be crazy about the Muslim countries listed in Yeshayahu 11 which are slated to return to the fold when Yah establishes his hand Hoshanah The Second Time.

Hoshea nah Save Us

הו ש נה Blessed [ש] • is the one who [נה] • comes [הו] • in the name of יהוה i.e., יהשוה (Yeshuah).

Yet the big pay off comes when we realize that Yeshuah was referring to the phrase that pays which proceeded from the mouth of Babes;

Mark 11:9-10
And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that comes in the name of Yahuah:

Blessed be the Kingdom of our father David, that Comes in the name of Yah; Hosanna in the highest.

Matthew 21:15-16
And when the chief priests and scribes saw the wonderful things that he did, and the children crying in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David; they were sore displeased, And said unto him, Do you Hear what they are saying?

And Yeshuah said unto them, Yes! Have you never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings you have perfected praise?

Amongst other things, He was the Kingdom of David incarnate, Mt. Zion, and if you say unto this Mountain, Be you Cast into the Sea, it will be done, Revelations 808 …and a Great Mt. Burning with Fire was Cast into the Sea, apparently the Angel of Smyrna possess the Faith of a Mustard Seed, for when he sounded, the Mountain was Cast into the Sea;

The only other time s Great Mountain Burning with Fire is mentioned in the scriptures is when Moshé and the children of Ishrael were raptured and carried on the two wings of a great eagle unto the Heavenly Abode of Yah Mt. Sinai.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟171,072.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Appointed TimeChristological Meaning
Sabbath (Shabbat) (Lev. 23:2-3)Sabbath rest of creation, the final redemption and 1000-year reign of Messiah
Passover (Pesach) and Unleavened Bread (Lev. 23:4-8)The Last Supper, Messiah our Passover Lamb, His death and burial
First Fruits of the Barley (Omer) (Lev. 23:9-14)Messiah’s resurrection.
Pentecost (Shavuot) (Lev. 23:15-21)The outpouring of Messiah’s Spirit just as the Torah was given at Sinai.
Long dry summer months without appointmentsMessiah’s absence.
Feast of Trumpets (Yom Teruah, Rosh HaShanah) (Lev. 23:23-25)The trumpet blast of the return of Messiah. The trumpets of the last days.
Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur) (Lev. 23:26-32)The atoning work of Messiah’s blood. The day of final judgment.
The Feast of Booths (Sukkot) (Lev. 23:33-44)Sabbath rest of creation, the final redemption and 1,000-year reign of Messiah who will tabernacle among us.

Reactions: Laureate
Upvote 0