Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ask thankful protesters standing in solidarity with high schools students whose classmates had been massacred because of our country's failure to protect its children and adults whether those members of known domestic terror alt right groups didn't constitute a threat.

They didn't live in the town. They came to threaten and intimidate with their "sniper" rifles.

And that is exactly what I mean when I say that "most" gun rights activists I know are bullying, intimidating, threatening, derisive, defensive, aggressive. The idea that anyone would think driving over 100 miles to a rally to climb up in a tree and point weapons at peaceful protesters constitutes "normal" behavior shows how low our country has sunk.

If that isn't a crime, God help our country!

• Agree
Reactions: Oneiric1975
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yet Philandro Castile is dead. He clearly stated to the police that he had a registered weapon that he was licensed to have and he was gunned down.

And no one went to jail for doing so.

ERGO: Philandro Castile who didn't wave his gun or threaten anyone was killed for gun possession.

There were two people involved in the shooting - one unfortunately died and the officer (who was not white) was acquitted - that means he was not found guilty.

Not parsing anything - just stating facts.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
There were two people involved in the shooting - one unfortunately died and the officer (who was not white) was acquitted - that means he was not found guilty.

Not parsing anything - just stating facts.

Agreed. We must accept the justice system's outcome. The sad fact for Philandro Castile appears to be that he was guilty of carrying a legal weapon while not white.

Philandro Castile won't have any appeals.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. We must accept the justice system's outcome. The sad fact for Philandro Castile appears to be that he was guilty of carrying a legal weapon while not white.

Philandro Castile won't have any appeals.

Why are you brining race into this? Officer Jeronimo Yanez was not white either.

Are you saying Native Americans are racist?

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why are you brining race into this? Officer Jeronimo Yanez was not white either.

Are you saying Native Americans are racist?

Perhaps I'm saying that the culture and training of the police results in things going quite worse for black people (statistically speaking) than it does for white folks.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yet Philandro Castile is dead. He clearly stated to the police that he had a registered weapon that he was licensed to have and he was gunned down.

And no one went to jail for doing so.

ERGO: Philandro Castile who didn't wave his gun or threaten anyone was killed for gun possession.
Okay. I didn't justify either of these killings. I've tried several times to explain that universal gun registration or confiscation or even extraordinarily strict licensing requirements are not the answer to this problem. And the issue you raised about the deaths of Castile and/or Rice is a different matter.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ask thankful protesters standing in solidarity with high schools students whose classmates had been massacred because of our country's failure to protect its children and adults whether those members of known domestic terror alt right groups didn't constitute a threat.

Kyle Kashuv rings a bell.

They didn't live in the town. They came to threaten and intimidate with their "sniper" rifles.

Still no harm done. I don't understand why people are so scared of the sight of guns. At least here, we carry even at the park with our kids, albeit pistols and not rifles. I conceal carry, but a lot of dads will open carry. No one has a conniption over it.

And that is exactly what I mean when I say that "most" gun rights activists I know are bullying, intimidating, threatening, derisive, defensive, aggressive.

One could make that case for any set of "extremists" wanting to be heard, with or without guns.

The idea that anyone would think driving over 100 miles to a rally to climb up in a tree and point weapons at peaceful protesters constitutes "normal" behavior shows how low our country has sunk.

Pointing a gun at someone is a felony.

If that isn't a crime, God help our country!

Are you stating that they pointed the rifles at the protesters?

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Okay. I didn't justify either of these killings. I've tried several times to explain that universal gun registration or confiscation or even extraordinarily strict licensing requirements are not the answer to this problem. And the issue you raised about the deaths of Castile and/or Rice is a different matter.

So if I listen to you there is no solution and nothing can be learned from anything. That’s the can do spirit!

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Really the police should have gotten their ID's. Belonging to recognized terror groups, there probably would have been warrants out for at least a few of them.

And how is advocating for sensible laws supported by 90% of Americans extremist?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So if I listen to you there is no solution and nothing can be learned from anything. That’s the can do spirit!
May I suggest that you first try taking in and considering what I've repeatedly explained. Then, if you must, move on to something else or decide that there's nothing to be learned from what I wrote.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
May I suggest that you first try taking in and considering what I've repeatedly explained. Then decide that there's nothing to be learned from it, if that's your choice.

I haven't seen you propose anything on here. If you had something in the distant past I'm sure I wouldn't know what it was.

What I DO see, however, is repeated "excuses" of how this is simply beyond understanding. No one knows why America has SIMULTANEOUSLY the highest gun ownership rates AND the highest gun homicide rates of any developed nation on earth. That you can't fix it by doing what every other developed nation has done (with success I might add) and you can't even do registration of guns. (You remain silent on the surcharge on ammunition and weapons sales for mental health).

So help me: what IS your position (other than pure unadulterated capitulation to the non-stop bloodbath)

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Really the police should have gotten their ID's. Belonging to recognized terror groups, there probably would have been warrants out for at least a few of them.

And how is advocating for sensible laws supported by 90% of Americans extremist?

Sounds like stop and frisk!

Which laws, specifically? I don't think 90% of Americans support gun control, especially with the progun state legislation (ie: constitutional carry laws) getting passed

I support keeping violent felons from buying guns and ammo (and voting), but I also support repealing the NFA and GCA entirely.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd really like to know why a 12-13 year old would want to kill her classmates.

Yeah that's going to be important. Probably mental health issues or bullying.

But she was able to get a gun because America loves its guns so much we have more guns than people.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah that's going to be important. Probably mental health issues or bullying.

But she was able to get a gun because America loves its guns so much we have more guns than people.

If not a gun, then another weapon. The tool is irrelevant. How about we deal with what drove her to this.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
If not a gun, then another weapon. The tool is irrelevant. How about we deal with what drove her to this.

I love how the "Gun is irrelevant" argument somehow ignores the fact that guns are STILL the weapon of choice for folks who want to do the most damage in the most efficient manner possible.

But I note you are still silent on the idea of surcharge on weapons and ammo to fund improved mental health care in the US. Is there a reason?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Why does anyone choose a particular weapon if it is irrelevant? It seems people care about the weapon they use for hunting and sports, why should it be different for mass killings? When did someone last use a bow and arrow for mass killings? If weapon is irrelevant, then we should see more bow and arrow attacks, I wonder why we don't see this. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I love how the "Gun is irrelevant" argument somehow ignores the fact that guns are STILL the weapon of choice for folks who want to do the most damage in the most efficient manner possible.

Tell that to the victims of violence (including with guns, because after all, criminals don't obey laws) and bombings in places where guns are outright banned. They're all just sitting ducks with no way to defend themselves.

But I note you are still silent on the idea of surcharge on weapons and ammo to fund improved mental health care in the US. Is there a reason?

I believe the 2nd amendment is for more than just those who can afford your suggested fees.

Upvote 0