Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Unarmed people should not act like they are hurrying to draw a gun, either.

If a man robs a bank with his hand in his pocket and says "I have a gun", the crime is still "Armed Robbery" ... even though a finger is NOT a gun. If a police officer shoots him while robbing the bank, was the officer wrong for killing an unarmed man, or right to believe that the hand in the pocket held a gun?

If a suspect is told to keep their hands where the officer can see them, and reaches into their pocket instead, is it unreasonable to suspect that it MIGHT be a gun?

It it really so complicated to keep your hands where the police can see them during a traffic stop? Then just slowly follow directions so the officer doesn't have to guess what you are pulling out of wherever he cannot see. I have been stopped and searched and armed ... not being stupid prevents getting shot. He just returned the blade when we were finished and we both went home that day. (I used it for work).
I find it disgusting how many people here refuse to simply state that nobody should be shooting unarmed people.

I assume that you, right now as you read this, are an unarmed person.

SHOULD YOU BE SHOT RIGHT NOW? Why or why not?

My answer:
You should not be shot. You are unarmed.

This isn't rocket science. This isn't mental gymnastics. This is a basic ethical question - is murder wrong? If your answer isn't "Murder is wrong" then you need to seek help.

Upvote 0

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it disgusting how many people here refuse to simply state that nobody should be shooting unarmed people.

I assume that you, right now as you read this, are an unarmed person.

SHOULD YOU BE SHOT RIGHT NOW? Why or why not?

My answer:
You should not be shot. You are unarmed.

This isn't rocket science. This isn't mental gymnastics. This is a basic ethical question - is murder wrong? If your answer isn't "Murder is wrong" then you need to seek help.
Sorry, this is a Christian site.
I could engage on a purely “moral philosophy” level the question of right and wrong, but it upset the moderators the last time I did. Therefore I will have to sidestep that issue.

Yes, murder is wrong.
I agree that unarmed people should not be shot.
Those are fairly trite questions and answers.

The real question is ... WHY ARE UNARMED PEOPLE BEING SHOT?

Choose a specific example and let’s discuss it.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm calling you out for being needlessly pedantic. I don't have or need a special definition for the word "unarmed". Nobody should shoot unarmed people. If you find that statement objectionable or controversial, then the problem lies with your desire to have unarmed people shot or your belief that some people deserve to be shot.
Or it just could be your concept of unarmed is not correct.

Upvote 0