The Science of Miracles

Traveller and Wiley

Jun 8, 2011
✟485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry, I am out of here, the stupid is to thick for me to handle it. I knew I should not have bother. Let me make it easy for you.

You are a bunch deluded death cults retards. Stay away from me and mine.

There now you can ban/kick me.

As I was saying...

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean like this?

Interesting topic, but when you preface it by insulting us, that's probably a good sign that nothing productive will come from discussing this with you.

Yeah, when I saw that I almost posted "sir, I perceive you are a Prophet" ^_^

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am sorry, I am out of here, the stupid is to thick for me to handle it. I knew I should not have bother. Let me make it easy for you.

You are a bunch deluded death cults retards. Stay away from me and mine.

There now you can ban/kick me.

When you are ready to scrutinize your beliefs to the same degree you want to scrutinize ours, then by all means feel free to return.

I am sorry if I stirred your joy too much..:wave:

Upvote 0
S

solarwave

Why have you never give it much thought? Did anyone ever suggest to you that you should not do such things?

Because I don't find it to be an important question and my basic answer seems to be a good understanding of how it works. By not giving much thought to it I mean I havn't spent hours reading up on the subject.

For me the problem is the boundary between the physical world and the world your God lives in, if God's world is undetectable from this world, then it would be impossible for the boundary to be breached. If the boundary could be breached then we would be able to detect the breach and though it, God's world.

The problem I have with this is that I don't think God exists somewhere. He isn't in another world. He is everywhere and no where, but not in any particular place. The same could be said of the Universe. The Universe just exists, it isn't somewhere. I would say the same about time in relation to God too. Its not as if God is somewhere else and has to break into a separate world, but that the very existance of the Universe relies on, and is built on the foundation of, God at all moments. All in my opinion of course.

How I can suggest this, is because we (science) can detect everything in this universe. That stuff we can not detect is stuff that is not there. It's that simple. That is what stuff that is not there is, undetectable. So God affecting things in this world would register on our equipment. And yes, I am only talking from a science point of view, as that is the only way I can understand reality.

Science might be able to detect changes by God, it might not, I don't know.

Upvote 0

Traveller and Wiley

Jun 8, 2011
✟485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You mean like this?

Yeah, when I saw that I almost posted "sir, I perceive you are a Prophet" ^_^

Thanks, but it wasn't exactly going out on a limb. You could see it coming a mile away.

Nothing says, "I want to have a rational and thoughtful conversation" like prefacing your premise with "I realize you're all a bunch of morons, but..."

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Talk about throwing the toys out of the cot. Why did you say this?

I think he was speaking to me specifically, sorry if any of this spilled over to you all who were maybe trying to help him in other ways.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think he was speaking to me specifically, sorry if any of this spilled over to you all who were maybe trying to help him in other ways.
Ah right, well even if you did happen to press his "do not press" button, what exactly did you say that makes us out to be "a bunch of deluded death cult retards"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah right, well even if you did happen to press his "do not press" button, what exactly did you say that makes us out to be "a bunch of deluded death cult retards"?
Nah all you did was reveal inner truths earlier. people with narrow fields of vision and closed minds wll probably not listen much anyway.

When you're got it all worked out there is not much point listening coz everyone else is wrong

Last edited:
Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

More or less i told Him he was a man of faith just like the rest of us only that his faith was a faith in "science" rather than God..

I really don't know where the death cult thing came in. Maybe it was just the preconception he came in with, and was looking for an opportunity to simply tell us off from the start.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
More or less i told Him he was a man of faith just like the rest of us only that his faith was a faith in "science" rather than God..

I really don't know where the death cult thing came in. Maybe it was just the preconception he came in with, and was looking for an opportunity to simply tell us off from the start.

Yes upon review of the thread I can see this in his attitude right from the start, as though perhaps he thought he could disprove miracles or something. I think maybe some more patience is required on his part if he really is trying to learn something new. Well, I hope he survives :D

Upvote 0