Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does that mean he's thrown in the towel on the subject of the thread, do you think?
$10 if you can get him to say that. I imagine you'll get a hundred random links he claims "prove" his proposition. And when you refuse to waste your time reading his nonsense, he'll claim victory.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
3 Angels Messages --
If you're interested in actually discussing some of the science involved in evolution and related fields, pick one piece of evidence or one argument that you think is strong, and describe it in your own words. Then we can talk about it. What you've been doing -- cutting and pasting huge swathes of stuff that no sane person will bother to read -- accomplishes nothing but the irritation of a bunch of electrons for no good reason.

Upvote 0
Thus here is the falsification test [as Proposed by Dr. Robert V. Gentry, not only in the Peer-reviewed literature, and on the witness stand, but also in His book, "Creation's Tiny Mystery"]:

“This was the basis of the laboratory-based test presented to the scientific community in my response to Damon's letter in the May 29, 1979, issue of EOS. Two excerpts from my response show how this test was stated:

. . . Therefore I regard the failure to resolve the long-standing controversy in geology which concerns the origin of the Precambrian granites to be because such rocks are primordial and hence not necessarily explainable on the basis of conventional principles. Even though I think they further qualify for that role in their association as basement rocks of the continents, nevertheless I would consider my thesis essentially falsified if and when geologists synthesize a hand-sized specimen of a typical biotite-bearing granite and/or a similar size crystal of biotite.

I will likewise relinquish any claim for primordial 218Po halos when coercive evidence (not just plausibility arguments) is provided for a conventional origin. ... and in this respect I will consider my thesis to be doubly falsified by the synthesis of a biotite which contains just one 218Po halo (some of my natural specimens contain more than 104 Po halos/cm3). ... (Gentry 1979, 474)” [Dr. [Hon.] Robert V. Gentry; Creation's Tiny Mystery; page 65] - Creation's Tiny Mystery, Chapter 5: Reverberations from Scientists, Part A

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
3 Angels Messages said:
Thus here is the falsification test [as Proposed by Dr. Robert V. Gentry, not only in the Peer-reviewed literature, and on the witness stand, but also in His book, "Creation's Tiny Mystery"]:

"This was the basis of the laboratory-based test presented to the scientific community in my response to Damon's letter in the May 29, 1979, issue of EOS. Two excerpts from my response show how this test was stated:

. . . Therefore I regard the failure to resolve the long-standing controversy in geology which concerns the origin of the Precambrian granites to be because such rocks are primordial and hence not necessarily explainable on the basis of conventional principles. Even though I think they further qualify for that role in their association as basement rocks of the continents, nevertheless I would consider my thesis essentially falsified if and when geologists synthesize a hand-sized specimen of a typical biotite-bearing granite and/or a similar size crystal of biotite.

I will likewise relinquish any claim for primordial 218Po halos when coercive evidence (not just plausibility arguments) is provided for a conventional origin. ... and in this respect I will consider my thesis to be doubly falsified by the synthesis of a biotite which contains just one 218Po halo (some of my natural specimens contain more than 104 Po halos/cm3). ... (Gentry 1979, 474)" [Dr. [Hon.] Robert V. Gentry; Creation's Tiny Mystery; page 65] - Creation's Tiny Mystery, Chapter 5: Reverberations from Scientists, Part A

I bet it created a good laugh in the peer reviewed literature.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
3 Angels Messages --
If you're interested in actually discussing some of the science involved in evolution and related fields, pick one piece of evidence or one argument that you think is strong, and describe it in your own words. Then we can talk about it. What you've been doing -- cutting and pasting huge swathes of stuff that no sane person will bother to read -- accomplishes nothing but the irritation of a bunch of electrons for no good reason.
Get the feeling he may not be taking your sound advice on board?

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Blackwater Babe,

Not sure what the signature Reagan photo and quote but it reminded me of this speech.

Ronald Reagan - Speech at Ecumenical Prayer Breakfast in Dallas - YouTube
Some gibberish about the Catholic Church considering a doctrine of seperation of church and state to be heresy, and that the church still demands the execution of heretics under cannon law. When I asked for evidence, I got spammed with 300 links to looniness about freemasons and the Temple of Solomon. Or something. Ever try to read Timecube? It was a bit like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...I use to be afraid of OEC because I thought it would be way to difficult. As it turns out when your ready for it, the numbers are very easy to work with. There is no doubt a fifth grader can do all of this. In fact Jesus said you have to be as a child to understand.

If you believed in a straightforward exegetical reading of Genesis merely out of fear, that it's good you left. But there's nothing to fear in embracing it.

But I can tell you you're ripping out of context Jesus' teaching about child-like faith. He was not addressing the origins issue or age of the earth at all. It sounds like you may have been a YEC for all the wrong reasons.

I'm not a YEC because I fear OEC. In fact I used to be one! I'm YEC because it's the most straightforward way to read the text, and it resonates with logic much better that OEC and TE models. But that's just me.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
If you believed in a straightforward exegetical reading of Genesis merely out of fear, that it's good you left. But there's nothing to fear in embracing it.

But I can tell you you're ripping out of context Jesus' teaching about child-like faith. He was not addressing the origins issue or age of the earth at all. It sounds like you may have been a YEC for all the wrong reasons.

I'm not a YEC because I fear OEC. In fact I used to be one! I'm YEC because it's the most straightforward way to read the text, and it resonates with logic much better that OEC and TE models. But that's just me.
You just have to disregard all that pesky science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What, specifically? You've just maligned an entire field of science, and the scientists in it. So please step up and point out specific problems with specific papers.

I think most scientist knows about the problems of evolution but smart enough to pay enough lip-service to the current theory.
I think you have no idea what most scientists know.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You just have to disregard all that pesky science.

Yep! For instance there's that pesky event about Jesus rising from the dead after 3 days. Science says that's impossible. Science is wrong in that regard. It's wrong about origins too.

Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yep! For instance there's that pesky event about Jesus rising from the dead after 3 days. Science says that's impossible. Science is wrong in that regard. It's wrong about origins too.

A miracle involving the ressurection is one thing, creation completely different.

Because there isn't any scientific evidence at all about the ressurection, either for OR against.

There is, however, lots of scientific evidence against creationism.

Upvote 0
3 Angels Messages said:
http://www.christianforums.com/t7652057-7/#post60414161

“This was the basis of the laboratory-based test presented to the scientific community in my response to Damon's letter in the May 29, 1979, issue of EOS. Two excerpts from my response show how this test was stated:

I will likewise relinquish any claim for primordial 218Po halos when coercive evidence (not just plausibility arguments) is provided for a conventional origin. ... and in this respect I will consider my thesis to be doubly falsified by the synthesis of a biotite which contains just one 218Po halo (some of my natural specimens contain more than 104 Po halos/cm3). ... (Gentry 1979, 474)” [Dr. [Hon.] Robert V. Gentry; Creation's Tiny Mystery; page 65] - Creation's Tiny Mystery, Chapter 5: Reverberations from Scientists, Part A

3 Angels Messages said:

3 Angels Messages said:
Dr. Robert V. Gentry stands unrefuted in the scientific literature...
...thus we have evidence of the Created Rocks of God:

Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof. Job 38:6

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou [art] God. Psalms 90:2

Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens [are] the work of thy hands. Psalms 102:25

[Who] laid the foundations of the earth, [that] it should not be removed for ever. Psalms 104:5

Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: [when] I call unto them, they stand up together. Isaiah 48:13

The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him. Zechariah 12:1

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I [am] the LORD; and [there is] none else. Isaiah 45:18

...let's take a look at more Evidence in the Rocks...

[Tip-Toe Through The Tapeats, Fossil Footprints That Ain't Supposed To Be There According to the 't-o-e'... - Ian Juby; aka "Wazooloo" Youtube, not a Seventh Day Adventist, though I wish he were]:
Tip-toe through the Tapeats with Wazooloo - YouTube

[Footprints Step On Evolution... Ian Juby; aka "Wazooloo" Youtube, not a Seventh Day Adventist, though I wish he were]:
footprints step on evolution - this is Genesis Week with Wazooloo - YouTube

[A Fishy Story... Ian Juby; aka "Wazooloo" Youtube, not a Seventh Day Adventist, though I wish he were]:
A Fishy Story - this is Genesis Week with Ian Juby (Wazooloo), Season 1, Episode 8 - YouTube

[Still A Fishy Story
... Ian Juby; aka "Wazooloo" Youtube, not a Seventh Day Adventist, though I wish he were]:
Still a fishy story - this is Genesis Week with Ian Juby (Wazooloo), Season 1, Episode 9 - YouTube

[Layers Of Time
... Ian Juby; aka "Wazooloo" Youtube, not a Seventh Day Adventist, though I wish he were]:
Layers of Time - this is Genesis Week with Ian Juby (Wazooloo), Season 1, Episode 10 - YouTube

[The Delk Track
; Evidence Of Dinosaur And Human Co-Existence... Ian Juby; aka "Wazooloo" Youtube, not a Seventh Day Adventist, though I wish he were] [see also additonal: Welcome to Ian Juby's Home Page ]:
The Delk Track: Evidence of dinosaur and human coexistence with Wazooloo - YouTube

Upvote 0