Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well over a third of couples getting divorced are over the age of 50. What is causing this rise in "gray divorce"?

Mother Teresa was once askedwhat causes the most pain and suffering in the world. Her response: “A want of prayer. A want of union…The family that prays together stays together. And if they stay together, they will love each other as God loves each one of them.”

The health of any society is dependent upon the health of the family. Families are healthy, in large part, depending on the strength of the marriage that began that family.

Americans are getting married later in life. This has been the trend for years now. Whether it is a fear of lifelong commitment or a desire to live one’s life responsibility-free as long as one can, it is true that people are entering marriage older and older. Research has also recently shown that more and more people are living alone than ever before in human history. This occurs for many reasons, one being that older people are deciding to get divorced and live alone.

Continued below.

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My husband died 12 months ago, we were married 56 years. How I would love to have him back. I thank the Lord for my husband and his caring and love for me and our children. We were truly blessed.

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My husband died 12 months ago, we were married 56 years. How I would love to have him back. I thank the Lord for my husband and his caring and love for me and our children. We were truly blessed.
Praying for God’s comfort for all of you. Sounds like you were very blessed. :)

Upvote 0