THE SABBATH IS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT - WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS IT IS ABOLISHED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will just add what you are responding to again here. LGW said; No one is BELIEVING Gods WORD if they do not follow it. The DEVILS BELIEVE and tremble *JAMES 2:19 but they will not be going to Heaven. God's WORD does not teach lawlessness.

Are you saying that we can BELIEVE GOD without following God like the devils and still enter God's Kingdom and God's WORD teaches lawlessness?
What I said went right over your head so fast you didn't even know it happened.
Actually nope. You are not considering the context that you are leaving out of what your are posting. Let's have a look at the scriptures and why it is 1 JOHN 2:3-4 is talking about the 10 commandments. The CONTEXT is the first two verses which say...

1 JOHN 2:1-2
[1], My little children, THESE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU THAT YOU SIN NOT. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
[2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

NOTE: The CONTEXT and reson why JOHN is writting this epistle is what? v1 THESE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU THAT YOU SIN NOT. It goes on to say if any man sin we have an advocate with the father. This leads us into v3-4

[3], And HEREBY WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.
[4], HE THAT SAYS I KNOW HIM AND KEEPS NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS IS A LIAR AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM .

NOTE: So the reason for JOHN'S epistle is that THAT WE SIN NOT v1. Then in v3-4 it says

HEREBY WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. HE THAT SAYS I KNOW HIM AND KEEPS NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS IS A LIAR AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.

Now notice carefully what Commandments in God's WORD are associated with sin if broken or another way of asking the same question would be what is sin because the reason why JOHN is writting his epistle is that we sin not.

Here's from 1 Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Please also note the enlarged bolded part of your quote from 1 Jn 2:1-4. I know Jesus, we live in each other - Jn 15. You know and live in and by the law.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes I can. The problem is it's so full or error I don't want to embarrass you. But if you demand I will.

Yet all we hear are your words over God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Interesting list of passages. I suppose you quoted a version that says what you want. I don't believe your verses are correctly translated. The version you took them from is more like a commentary.
The versions used from memory are mainly KJV and NIV. I looked up the HEBREW words before selecting them. Collectively they show God's LAW (10 commandments) are ETERNAL.
What did catch my eye was Ps 119:160 and 172. Neither say the law is forever. If they did Jeremiah is lying. You just pit the Scripture against itself destroying it's credibility. You have a quote source you just don't believe in entirety.
Your imagining things where did JEREMIAH ever say God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) would be abolished?

PSALMS 119:160 (NIV) All your words are true; ALL YOUR RIGHTEOUS LAWS ARE ETERNAL.

The HEBREW WORD used for LAWS is משׁפּט; mishpâṭ From H8199; properly a verdict (favorable or unfavorable) pronounced judicially, especially a sentence or formal decree (human or (particularly) DIVINE LAW, individual or collectively), including the act, the place, the suit, the crime, and the penalty; abstractly justice, including a particular right, or privilege (statutory or customary), or even a style: - + adversary, ceremony, charge, X crime, custom, desert, determination, discretion, disposing, due, fashion, form, to be judged, judgment, just (-ice, -ly), (manner of) law (-ful), manner, measure, (due) order, ordinance, right, sentence, usest, X worthy, + wrong.

Depending on the different bible version this has been translated as; LAW; Ordinances; Judgments, Word, Teachings, Rules, Regulations; Essentially the correct meaning is all of GOD'S WORD is righteous and forever. Which ever translation is used it does not really matter because GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) are the SPOKEN and WRITTEN WORD of God alone which means it is ETERNAL *EXODUS 20:1-17; EXODUS 32:16.

The next verse I am not sure what version your using but nearly all translations translate
מצוה; mitsvâh From H6680; a command, whether human or divine (collectively the Law): - (which was) commanded (-ment), law, ordinance, precept used in PSLAMS 119:172 as COMMANDMENTS.

PSALMS 119:172 My tongue shall speak of your word for ALL YOUR COMMANDMENTS ARE RIGHTEOUSNESS

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I've responded to your repeated c&p stuff more than once.
Nope. No you haven't you simply repeated yourself without addressing the posts and scriptures that were posted that disagree with you. That is why these scriptures have been re-posted. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it disappear.
I will say again you're promoting works of the law for righteousness (known as self righteousness). For you Jesus isn't enough. The wages of sin (disobedience) is death. You keep repeating stuff about unrepentant sin. You must not know what that is, because you're guilty. The law condemns you. And it's specifically the 4th you holler about.
Well none of that is true. Sadly you bear false witness even after re-stating my position to your claims several times already. I will leave that between you and God. I have already forgiven you. As stated many times now, we are saved ONLY by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. All those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN however will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. We are saved from sin not to continue in sin *JOHN 8:31-36. God's WORD does not teach lawlessness. Those who do and teach lawlessness according to God's WORD are lieing and do not KNOW God *1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:6 and need to be BORN AGAIN *1 JOHN 3:9.
I don't need to when you post the above over and over. You've been quoted the appropriate passages and ignore them.Yes I know them pretty well. I also know what you're trying to do with them. I've addressed every one of them except Rev 12:17. My comments about 14:12 will do for it.
Nope. No you haven't addressed any of the scriptures posted to you except promoted your own words over God's WORD. They are God's WORD not my words and God's WORD that you ignore disagrees with you. Ignoring God's WORD does not make it dissappear. Your argument is with God not me.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but Jn 5:24 says nothing about the law. Jn 10 says very clearly Jesus is the Door and you say the law is the door. So yes both of those passages disagree with you.
Your not reading the post your responding to and the scriptures in them. No one said that the law represents the door in John 5. Only you made those claims. CHRIST is the DOOR and we must BELIEVE and FOLLOW him. You cannot BELIEVE GOD without FOLLOWING him. The same as you cannot enter through an open door without walking through it. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.
The law has no effect nor purpose for a dead man or one raised to newness of life in Jesus Christ. The soul is recreated and doesn't inherit from Adam. Then do as Jesus taught. Keep His commandments and not His Father's commandments - Jn 15:10. No they're not the same. Jesus didn't take possession of His Father's commandments, He kept them.
Well this is simply your own words aguing against God's WORD. Your now trying to pit JESUS against his father when JESUS says he and the father are one *JOHN 10:30. God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) has the same role it always had and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. If we have no KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is then we have no need of a Saviour. *GALATIANS 3:22-25. You are confused as to the role of God's LAW. We are not saved by it. God's LAW shows us our need of Christ that we might be FORGIVEN by FAITH so we can be free to LOVE and walk in God's SPIRIT *GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 13:8-10; HEBREWS 8:10-12.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We should believe all God's Word, not you as you're trying very hard to make converts (disciples of you).
For me brother, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that say they see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him. Many are called but few are chosen. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes and Amen!! But you claim Christians are Israel.

Not at all. It is God's WORD alone as shown in the scriptures provided in post # 1209 (linked for anyone interested) that says that God's ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27. Need more scripture click me?

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let's take a peek at more of the chapter to establish truth. 11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.Not one positive thing about the law being required and not fellow citizens of Israel.

Thanks for sharing some scriptures. Nothing you have posted disagrees with any of the scriptures shared with you now do they? Who is v11-13 referring to as aliens from ISRAEL and then how have they not become ALIENS to ISRAEL? What do you think v19 is talking about that you highlighted in red in reference to fellow citizens? v15 What are the law of commandments contained in ORDINANCES? Thank you brother you are only supporting the scriptures that were posted to you earlier. You do know that in this post we are discussing who God's ISRAEL is in the NEW COVANANT is right?

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing about the law or being part of Israel.
GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

You do know that ABRAHAM'S SEED is God's ISRAEL right? Not sure why you are talking about the law here when the post # 1209 is talking about who God's ISRAEL is in the NEW COVENANT.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The passage you quote above testify against you.
Your comment above has no truth in it neither does it address what you are qouting from in regards to comments made on GALATIANS 3:28-29 which say; LGW wrote: God's true ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abrahams seed but those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God in Christ are God's ISRAEL...
Please note the descendants of Abraham aren't the children of God according to the red highlight in your quote.
No one said they were did they? Your not reading what you are quoting from are you.

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise...

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You really destroy your own argument posting these passages.
Not at all they support what is being posted and that is that God's ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12; Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-23.

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.
Why aren't you also quoting the rest of your reference as if I didn't know?
Why would I need to? The scriptures quoted are in reference to the statement made that says...

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

repeated by PAUL here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10] FOR THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [11], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: [12] For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What I said went right over your head so fast you didn't even know it happened.

Here's from 1 Jn 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

Please also note the enlarged bolded part of your quote from 1 Jn 2:1-4. I know Jesus, we live in each other - Jn 15. You know and live in and by the law.

Well that is not true brother. You have not adressed the post and the scriptures in them that disagree with you. Let's go through it again. Try reading all of it and checking the scriptures quoted. These are God's WORD not mine and they do indeed disagree with you.

You are not considering the context that you are leaving out of what your are posting. Let's have a look at the scriptures and why it is 1 JOHN 2:3-4 is talking about the 10 commandments. The CONTEXT is the first two verses which say...

1 JOHN 2:1-2
[1], My little children, THESE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU THAT YOU SIN NOT. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
[2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

NOTE: The CONTEXT and reson why JOHN is writting this epistle is what? v1 THESE THINGS I WRITE UNTO YOU THAT YOU SIN NOT. It goes on to say if any man sin we have an advocate with the father. This leads us into v3-4

[3], And HEREBY WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS.
[4], HE THAT SAYS I KNOW HIM AND KEEPS NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS IS A LIAR AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM .

NOTE: So the reason for JOHN'S epistle is that THAT WE SIN NOT v1. Then in v3-4 it says
HEREBY WE KNOW THAT WE KNOW HIM, IF WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS. HE THAT SAYS I KNOW HIM AND KEEPS NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS IS A LIAR AND THE TRUTH IS NOT IN HIM.
Now notice carefully what Commandments in God's WORD are associated with sin if broken or another way of asking the same question would be what is sin because the reason why JOHN is writting his epistle is that we sin not.

WHAT IS SIN

JAMES 2:8-12
[8], If ye fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well: [9], But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors. [10], For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. [11] For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRESSOR OF GOD'S LAW

Yep, James is pretty clear if we brake ANY of God's Law (10 commandments) then we are a TRANSGRESSOR of God's LAW and commit SIN. James quotes two of the 10 Commandments that are summed up in the 2nd great commandments of LOVE to our neighbor in v11

links to...........

1 JOHN 3:4 [4] Whosoever commits SIN transgresses also the law: for SIN is the transgression of the law.

John is saying the same thing as James and states that if we TRANSGRESS God's LAW then we commit SIN because SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF GOD'S LAW. So it is very clear that SIN is breaking ANY of God's LAW (10 commandments). We will look at the chapter context shortly which give the example in v15 of MURDER God's 6th Command of the 10.

Links to...........

ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I HAD NOT KNOWN SIN BUT BY THE LAW: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, THOU SHALT NOT COVET.

Well here we have Paul in agreement with James and John also telling us that SIN is breaking God's commandments and uses the 10th commandment as an example of breaking any of God's LAW (10 commandments) = SIN (
Exodus 20:17)

Links to...

ROMANS 3:20 [20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN.

Context is v9; both Jew and Greek ALL under SIN, v10 None are righteous no not one, v11 None seek after God, v12 All have gone out of the way, there is none that does good [χρηστότης means MORAL excellence]. v13-18 Peace they have not known, destruction is in their way; they do not fear God. Now the CONTEXT is there is none that do GOOD which is in reference to χρηστότης MORAL excellence. Now let's look at v19-20

ROMANS 3:19-21
[19] Now we know that whatsoever things the law says, it says to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Context is no one does good χρηστότης MORAL excellence. God's LAW (10 Commandments) are the standard of RIGHTEOUSNESS.

PSALMS 119:172 [172], My tongue shall speak of your word: for all your commandments are righteousness [צדק; tsedeq means; the right natural, moral or legal; also (abstractly) equity or (figuratively) prosperity: - X even, (X that which is altogether) just (-ice), ([un-]) right (-eous) (cause, -ly, -ness)].

RIGHTEOUSNESS צדק; tsedeq in God's LAW is the standard of χρηστότης; MORAL excellence

The CONTEXT then is doing GOOD in reference to God's LAW (10 Commandments) v19 that is defines SIN and makes all the world guilty before GOD.

[20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

No one is justified by God's LAW which is the standard of RIGHTEOUSNESS [Moral excellence and Good] because if broken it gives us a KNOWLEDGE of sin. Already defined in James as breaking any of God's 10 Commandments.

[21], But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

God's LAW is the standard of RIGHTOEUSNESS (
Psalms 119:172) MORAL EXCELLENCE standard of what is GOOD. The RIGHTOUENESS of GOD outside of the LAW being witnessed by the LAW and the prophets v22 which is by FAITH in Christ; WHY? v23 because ALL HAVE SINNED broken God's LAW. v24-28 we are only made righteous by faith in Christ without the deeds of the law. v31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

CONCLUSION: PAUL, JAMES and JOHN all agree together that if we break any of God's LAW (10 commandments) we commit SIN. All three use example of breaking the 10 Commandments as what defines sin. The CONTEXT of 1 JOHN 2:3-4 tells us that the reason for JOHNS epistle in v1 is THAT WE SIN NOT. God's WORD defines SIN as BREAKING any of God's 10 Commandments. Therefore brother with CONTEXT added back in the commandments JOHN is referring to that we SIN (breaking God's 10 commandments) is the 10 Commandments.

Hope this helps.

PS. Which ever way you want to spin it, if you want to say it's love or believing in Jesus I can still show you that everything leads back OBEDIENCE to God's 10 commandments through faith in God's WORD. If your interested just ask me to show you the scriptures.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul also says we are now delivered from the law.
AMEN! Our sins have been forgiven if we have faith in God's WORD to accept the GIFT of God's dear son, through repentance, confession through FAITH alone! If you have no LAW (10 Commandments) however then we have no KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. If we have no KNOWLEDGE of what sin is we have knowledge of what sin is then we have no need of a Saviour. If we have no need of a Saviour then we are lost because we are still in our sins because we have rejected the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.
He also says to throw the law out. And in the next chapter says those who turn/return to the law void their salvation. Its all been referenced and quoted to you.Half truths are full lies.Your conclusion is in error
You are confused brother. PAUL never says anywhere that we are to throw out God's LAW (10 commandments) as stated above. If we have no LAW (10 Commandments) then we have no KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172. If we have no KNOWLEDGE of what sin is we have knowledge of what sin is then we have no need of a Saviour. If we have no need of a Saviour then we are lost because we are still in our sins because we have rejected the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23. PAUL makes it very clear what the role of God's LAW is and what salvation is from in the NEW COVENANT.

ROMANS 3:20 [20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

ROMANS 7:7 [7], What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. No, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, You shall not covet.

ROMANS 7:12 [12], Why the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

ROMANS 13:10-12
[8], Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loves another has fulfilled the law.[9], For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
[10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

ROMANS 3:31 [31], Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yes, we establish the law.

Can you see your errors here brother? Only sent in love as a help.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Back to the OP guys...

Can anyone please show me where in all the bible does is say (SOLA SCRIPTURA; Scripture only please)...

1. That God's 4th commandments 7th day Sabbath has been abolished?

2. That Jesus is a Sabbath?

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

4. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

5. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

6. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

7. That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

8. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

12. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

13. That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

15. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

16. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

20. That calls the seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?

21. Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?

22. Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?

23. Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

24. Authorizing someone to set aside the fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?

25. Where any apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

26. Declaring that the seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?

27. Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the New Testament Sabbath or holy day?

Something to think about here because we are all accountable to God come judgment day where we will all be judged by the Word of God (John 12:47-48).

God bless

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yet all we hear are your words over God's WORD. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4
The fact that you won't listen to the Scripture I post isn't my problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The fact that you won't listen to the Scripture I post isn't my problem.

The light shines in darkness; but the darkness does not understand. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. Light is come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. Every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that does truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. Who can know the Word of God when there is no Word?

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The versions used from memory are mainly KJV and NIV. I looked up the HEBREW words before selecting them. Collectively they show God's LAW (10 commandments) are ETERNAL.
Sorry but my study and sources indicate something much different. You use a what 4th or 5th definition of a word. I use a first definition most always. Like I said your idea makes a liar out of Jeremiah. It also makes a liar out of Jesus.
Your imagining things where did JEREMIAH ever say God's ETERNAL LAW (10 Commandments) would be abolished?
Are you going to argue your position or what Jeremiah said? While Jeremiah didn't specifically say abolished the clear intent of Jeremiah is they would be set aside for a new covenant. Paul did say abolish in reference to the law. 2 Cor 3:13; Eph 2:16. Paul even said what replaces the law in 2 Tim 1:10.
PSALMS 119:160 (NIV) All your words are true; ALL YOUR RIGHTEOUS LAWS ARE ETERNAL.
Unfortunately this isn't what the Hebrew text says. There's no mention of law in your reference. Judgement is though.
The HEBREW WORD used for LAWS is משׁפּט; mishpâṭ From H8199; properly a verdict (favorable or unfavorable) pronounced judicially, especially a sentence or formal decree (human or (particularly) DIVINE LAW, individual or collectively), including the act, the place, the suit, the crime, and the penalty; abstractly justice, including a particular right, or privilege (statutory or customary), or even a style: - + adversary, ceremony, charge, X crime, custom, desert, determination, discretion, disposing, due, fashion, form, to be judged, judgment, just (-ice, -ly), (manner of) law (-ful), manner, measure, (due) order, ordinance, right, sentence, usest, X worthy, + wrong.
Please note the enlarged bolded part of your definition. The verse is about judgements, not law. Yes judgements are based on law. Judgements aren't law, they're based on law.
Depending on the different bible version this has been translated as; LAW; Ordinances; Judgments, Word, Teachings, Rules, Regulations; Essentially the correct meaning is all of GOD'S WORD is righteous and forever. Which ever translation is used it does not really matter because GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) are the SPOKEN and WRITTEN WORD of God alone which means it is ETERNAL *EXODUS 20:1-17; EXODUS 32:16.
Produce the stone tablets.
The next verse I am not sure what version your using but nearly all translations translate
מצוה; mitsvâh From H6680; a command, whether human or divine (collectively the Law): - (which was) commanded (-ment), law, ordinance, precept used in PSLAMS 119:172 as COMMANDMENTS.

PSALMS 119:172 My tongue shall speak of your word for ALL YOUR COMMANDMENTS ARE RIGHTEOUSNESS
Please note there's nothing in the verse indicating eternal. Yes I understand your linking 160 and 172. Your problem is different words are used, so they aren't conveying the same thing about being eternal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The light shines in darkness; but the darkness does not understand. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. Light is come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. Every one that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that does truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. Who can know the Word of God when there is no Word?
Now you resort to not including the reference of your quote. Sure I know it's aimed directly at me. You see I understand the law and how it works. You must be seething inside to behave like this.

• Optimistic
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but my study and sources indicate something much different. You use a what 4th or 5th definition of a word. I use a first definition most always. Like I said your idea makes a liar out of Jeremiah. It also makes a liar out of Jesus. You use a what 4th or 5th definition of a word. I use a first definition most always.

GOD'S LAW (TEN COMMANDMENTS) ARE INDEED ETERNAL

PSALMS 119:142-143 Your righteousness is an EVERLASTING RIGHTEOUSNESS, and Your law is truth. Trouble and anguish have overtaken me, yet Your commandments are my delights.

PSALMS 119:160 All your words are true; ALL YOUR RIGHTEOUS LAWS ARE ETERNAL.

ECCLESIASTES 3:14, I know that, WHATSOEVER GOD DOES, IT SHALL BE FOREVER: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God does it, that men should fear before him.

EXODUS 32:16, And THE TABLES WERE THE WORK OF GOD, AND THE WRITING WAS THE WRITING OF GOD, graven on the tables.

ISAIAH 40:8 [8], The grass wither, the flower fades: but THE WORD OF THE LORD OF OUR GOD SHALL ENDURE FOREVER.

EXODUS 20:1-17 GOD SPOKE THE TEN COMMANDMENTS. THE TEN COMMANDMENTS ARE GOD'S WORD (v1)

1 PETER 1:25, But THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER [EVERLASTING WORD OF GOD]. And this is the word which by the GOSPEL [GOOD NEWS] is preached unto you.

LUKE 21:33, Heaven and earth shall pass away: BUT MY WORDS SHALL NOT PASS AWAY [EVERLASTING WORD OF GOD].

Your response here for the 9 scriptures provided above showing that God's LAW is ETERNAL is to argue a single scripture provided in the 9 scriptures in PSALMS 119:160 which is translated in the NIV as All your words are true; ALL YOUR RIGHTEOUS LAWS ARE ETERNAL, the WORD used for laws does not mean law.

If you read what was provided in all the post you would see you were provided the complete rendering of the HEBREW WORD used here which is משׁפּט; mishpâṭ From H8199. The first rendering was included from the HEBREW dictionary which was justice or judgement based on DIVINE or human LAW. This is not the 4th or 5th rendering but the first as a complete thought.

Depending on the different bible version משׁפּט; mishpâṭ has been translated in english as; Justice; Judgement; LAW; Ordinances; Judgments, Word, Teachings, Rules, Regulations;

Essentially the correct meaning is all of GOD'S teachings are righteous and ETERNAL. The CONTEXT and subject matter of PSALMS 119 is God's WORD (teachings) and God's LAW being ETERNAL and the very definition of RIGHTEOSNESS *PSALMS 119:172.

Which ever bible translation is used for PSALMS 119:160 it does not really matter because GOD'S LAW (10 commandments) are the SPOKEN and WRITTEN WORD of God alone which the scriptures define both God's WORD and what God makes as being ETERNAL *EXODUS 20:1-17; EXODUS 32:16; ECCLESIASTES 3:14; ISAIAH 40:8; 1 PETER 1:25; LUKE 21:33. God both Spoke the 10 commandments and wrote them personally and it was the work of GOD alone.

The NIV translates משׁפּט; mishpâṭ in PSALMS 119:160 as LAW. Judgement or Justice is based on LAW. You cannot have one without the other. If one is eternal so is the other. The other 8 scriptures also support the same view that God's LAW (10 commandments are eternal). So the fact is God's LAW (10 commandments) are eternal because that is what God's WORD teaches. To deny this is to deny God's WORD.

Your trying to argue that RIGHTOUESNESS is not eternal when God's WORD defines the very standard of RIGHTEOUSNESS as God's LAW (10 commandments) *PSALMS 119:172 which gives us the very KNOWLEDGE of SIN if broken *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; JAMES 2:10-11.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.