traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Fauci said US government held off promoting face masks because it knew shortages were so bad that even doctors couldn't get enough

(Sorry for the typo in the title)
Early on we were told that masks do not work. Now we are told they do. If you are young this is an example of what some refer to as the "noble lie." In this type of lie, leaders of government are sometimes inclined to lie in order to serve a better purpose. While Christians should disagree with this, the U.S. government and others has done it on a
consistent basis. So much so that you should always be skeptical of government claims. Now I am not saying you should not support your government, but if you want the inside track, do not always assume they are telling the truth. There are many examples from nearly all governments in the history of the world. Notice in the article, they do not even say they were misleading us on purpose. Instead Fauci cites "changing circumstances."

In addition to the point that we should always consider the government might have a motive to lie, we should consider our behavior about wearing or not wearing masks. I do not condemn anyone who does not but masks are helpful in slowing the spread of COVID.

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fauci said US government held off promoting face masks because it knew shortages were so bad that even doctors couldn't get enough

Early on we were told that masks do not work. Now we are told they do. If you are young this is an example of what some refer to as the "noble lie." In this type of lie, leaders of government are sometimes inclined to lie in order to serve a better purpose. While Christians should disagree with this, the U.S. government and others has done it on a
consistent basis. So much so that you should always be skeptical of government claims. Now I am not saying you should not support your government, but if you want the inside track, do not always assume they are telling the truth. There are many examples from nearly all governments in the history of the world. Notice in the article, they do not even say they were misleading us on purpose. Instead Fauci cites "changing circumstances."

In addition to the point that we should always consider the government might have a motive to lie, we should consider our behavior about wearing or not wearing masks. I do not condemn anyone who does not but masks are helpful in slowing the spread of COVID.

The box full of surgical masks I bought said right on the box "will not protect against a virus".

From looking at the particle size of a virus it looks like it will go right on through most masks. Especially the ones that aren't even airtight. The protestors found that out the hard way when tear gas easily passed thru their masks.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

(Sorry for the typo in the title)

Yeah, No.... I'm ex military. I know something about masks as a defence against biological weapons. It's not so straightforward.

If the mask is not designed for protection from viruses, then they are of limited value. They have to be worn correctly or virus leakage may occur. Disposable masks are just that and have to be replaced often. Even military grade masks have different filters for different threats, or at least they did when I was serving. We had a different filter for tear gas. Some of the crew found out the hard way that the mask had to fit properly or it was useless. Fortunately we never faced a biological threat.

The Australian Health department advises against wholesale use of masks. Most people gain little, if any, extra protection. Australia's infection rate is miniscule compared with many countries.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Man we were set up from the word go with this coronavirus. Give me a break the Gates Foundation did a simulation months before. This whole thing was planned. Don't drink the kool-aid your life might depend on some defiance.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, No.... I'm ex military. I know something about masks as a defence against biological weapons. It's not so straightforward.

If the mask is not designed for protection from viruses, then they are of limited value. They have to be worn correctly or virus leakage may occur. Disposable masks are just that and have to be replaced often. Even military grade masks have different filters for different threats, or at least they did when I was serving. We had a different filter for tear gas. Some of the crew found out the hard way that the mask had to fit properly or it was useless. Fortunately we never faced a biological threat.

The Australian Health department advises against wholesale use of masks. Most people gain little, if any, extra protection. Australia's infection rate is miniscule compared with many countries.

I understand. I spent many hours over the years in mopp gear.

Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
The box full of surgical masks I bought said right on the box "will not protect against a virus".

From looking at the particle size of a virus it looks like it will go right on through most masks. Especially the ones that aren't even airtight. The protestors found that out the hard way when tear gas easily passed thru their masks.
And it’s no wonder these truths aren’t given to the public worldwide. The mainstream media will never speak on this truth and will do all they can to cover it up

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realize wearing the masks isn't about keeping the virus out, right? It's to protect others from your spreading it. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449
While surgical and N95 masks are in short supply and must be reserved for health care providers, cloth masks are easy to find and can be washed and reused.

Asking everyone to wear cloth masks can help reduce the spread of the coronavirus by people who have COVID-19 but don't realize it. And countries that required face masks, testing, isolation and social distancing early in the pandemic seem to have had some success slowing the spread of the virus.

Cloth masks are cheap and simple to make. Instructions are easy to find online. Masks can be made from common materials, such as sheets made of tightly woven cotton. The CDC website even includes directions for no-sew masks made from bandannas and T-shirts. Cloth masks should include multiple layers of fabric.
tulc(kind of thought everyone would have known this by now) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single