✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
The Ruin and the Wedding

Isaiah 24:4-12 [4] The earth mourns, and the world is ruined, the lofty ones of the earth are mourning.[5] And she has sinned by reason of her inhabitants: because they have transgressed the law, and changed the Ordinances, even the Everlasting Covenant.[6] Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, because the inhabitants thereof have sinned; therefore the dwellers in the earth shall be poor, and few men shall be left.[7] The wine shall mourn, the vine shall mourn, all the merry-hearted shall sigh.[8] The mirth of timbrels has ceased, the sound of the harp has ceased.[9] They are ashamed: they have not drunk wine, strong drink has become bitter to them that drink it.[10] All the city has become desolate. One shall shut his house so that none shall enter.[11] There is a howling for the wine everywhere. All the mirth of the land has ceased, all the mirth of the land has departed.[12] And cities shall be left desolate, and houses being left shall fall to ruin.LXX

Revelation 18:22-24 And the voice of harpers and musicians, and of pipers and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee. And no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee.[23] And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee, and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the Earth, for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.*[24] And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the Earth.*

Revelation 14:6-9 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of Heaven, having the Everlasting Gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the Earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,[7] Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to Him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship Him that made Heaven and Earth, and the sea and the fountains of waters.
[8] And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
[9] And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Revelation itself is not linear... but the sequences are... for example, the order of the trumpets, and these three angels above. Doesn't this sound like Babylon will fall before/because/as the beast comes? What happens when there's a power-vacuum?

Revelation 18:2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

Since the beast comes up from the sea, and the dragon is cast out as the third of three woes... and this fallen star opens the pit, doesn't this mean the beast's army is devils that were locked up... and now, no longer are?

Revelation 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall devour her flesh and burn her with fire.[17] For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil His will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.
Matthew 22:7 But when the King heard thereof, He was wroth. And He sent forth His armies and destroyed those murderers and burned up their city.
Daniel 9:26 And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations.

Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the Earth.
Matthew 23:37. Revelation 6:9-11, v9-10 = Revelation 11:7; v11 = Revelation 12:17

Isaiah 24:7-8 The wine shall mourn, the vine shall mourn, all the merry-hearted shall sigh.[8] The mirth of timbrels has ceased, the sound of the harp has ceased.
Revelation 18:22-24 And the voice of harpers and musicians, and of pipers and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee. And no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee.[23] And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee, and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee:
Revelation 11:4-8 These are the two olive trees and the two candlesticks, standing before the God of the Earth. ...[7] And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.[8] And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Matthew 25:10 and they that were ready went in with Him to the marriage and the door was shut.

\\\\\\\\\\\\////////////

Psalms 95:8-9 To-day if ye will hear His voice, harden not your hearts as in the provocation, according to the day of irritation in the wilderness,[9] where your fathers tempted Me, proved Me, and saw My works.LXX

Revelation 22:13-17 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.[14] Blessed are they that do His (εντολας) Commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.[15] For without are dogs and sorcerers, and whoremongers and murderers, and idolaters and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.[16] I Iesus have sent Mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches: I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright and morning star.[17] And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.KJV

========================================
(στολὰς = robes.ASV ...versus... ἐντολὰς = commandments.KJV)
Revelation 22:14 Parallel Greek Texts

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they, that do hys commandementes, that their power may be in the tree of life, and may entre in through the gates into the citie.
--Geneva New Testament, 1557

Last edited:

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
This makes no sense to me, could you say in one or two sentences just what you are trying g to say.

Thanks

Isaiah 24:1 Behold, the Lord is about to lay waste the world, and will make it desolate, and will lay bare the surface of it, and scatter them that dwell therein. 2 And the people shall be as the priest, and the servant as the lord, and the maid as the mistress; the buyer shall be as the seller, the lender as the borrower, and the debtor as his creditor.LXX

This verse leads into the first quote of the OP... it's endtimes, right? The prophecy goes on to say:

Isaiah 24:6 Therefore a curse shall consume the earth, because the inhabitants thereof have sinned: therefore the dwellers in the earth shall be poor, and few men shall be left.LXX

This is the same curse from Deuteronomy 28, right? And since Jacob/Israel is scattered among the nations, then the curse would follow them into these nations.

Deuteronomy 28:45 And shall come upon you all these curses, and they shall pursue you, and overtake you, until whenever they shall utterly destroy you, and until whenever they shall consume you. For you did not listen to the voice of the lord your God, to guard His Commandments and His Ordinances, as many as I gave charge to you.LXX

This is a prophecy and prophecy cannot be changed... so I think this is the same curse in Isaiah 24:6. Which ties into Isaiah where "How long, O Lord" is said...

Isaiah 6:10-13 For the heart of this people has become gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart and be converted, and I should heal them.
[11] And I said, How long, O Lord? And He said, Until cities be deserted by reason of their not being inhabited, and the houses by reason of there being no men, and the land shall be left desolate.[12] And after this God shall remove the men far off, and they that are left upon the land shall be multiplied.[13] And yet there shall be a tenth upon it, and again it shall be for a spoil, as a turpentine tree, and as an acorn when it falls out of its husk.

The first half of that prophecy was spoken in Matthew 13:13-17... leaving the second half looking like the prophecy of Isaiah 24:6, where few people are left.

Tyre was called a harlot... for some reason

Isaiah 23:8-18 Who has devised this counsel against Tyre? Is she inferior? or has she no strength? her merchants were the glorious princes of the earth. ...[15] And it shall come to pass in that day, that Tyre shall be left seventy years, as the time of a king, as the time of a man: and it shall come to pass after seventy years, that Tyre shall be as the song of a harlot.[16] Take a harp, go about, O city, thou harlot that hast been forgotten: play well on the harp, sing many songs that thou mayest be remembered.[17] And it shall come to pass after the seventy years, that God will visit Tyre and she shall be again restored to her primitive state, and she shall be a mart for all the kingdoms of the world on the face of the earth.[18] And her trade and her gain shall be holiness to the Lord: it shall not be gathered for them, but for those that dwell before the Lord, even all her trade, to eat and drink and be filled, and for a covenant and a memorial before the Lord.LXX

Jerusalem was taken to Babylon... idolotry is harlotry is adultery

Jeremiah 25:1-11 [6] Go ye not after strange gods to serve them and to worship them, that ye provoke Me not by the works of your hands to do you hurt.[7] But ye hearkened not to Me.[8] Therefore thus saith the Lord; Since ye believed not My words,[9] behold I will send and take a family from the north, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants of it, and against all the nations round about it, and I will make them utterly waste, and make them a desolation, and a hissing, and an everlasting reproach.[10] And I will destroy from among them the voice of joy and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom and the voice of the bride, the scent of ointment and the light of a candle.[11] And all the land shall be a desolation; and they shall serve among the nations seventy years.LXX

So, who is THIS Harlot?

Revelation 18:7-23 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen and am no widow and shall see no sorrow.[8] Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her. ...[23] And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee, and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth, for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.

==============
My first concern is that we're never told that Tyre was ever married to God... so how can she be a harlot to Him? The Greek word translated as harlot is defined as adultery and idolotry by Strong's... which cannot apply to those nations never married to God in the first place. So... when was Tyre married to the Father?

And who is married to the Father now, besides the church?

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
The identity of Tyre

64634b2c4521539ddaf87e1a67e415db--note-that-israel.jpg

Asher's lot includes Tyre.

Joshua 19:24-31 And the fifth lot came out for the tribe of the children of Asher according to their families.[25] And their border was Helkath, and Hali, and Beten, and Achshaph,[26] And Alammelech, and Amad, and Misheal; and reacheth to Carmel westward, and to Shihorlibnath;[27] And turneth toward the sunrising to Bethdagon, and reacheth to Zebulun, and to the valley of Jiphthahel toward the north side of Bethemek, and Neiel, and goeth out to Cabul on the left hand,[28] And Hebron, and Rehob, and Hammon, and Kanah, [even] unto great Zidon;[29] And [then] the coast turneth to Ramah, and to the strong city Tyre; and the coast turneth to Hosah; and the outgoings thereof are at the sea from the coast to Achzib:[30] Ummah also, and Aphek, and Rehob: twenty and two cities with their villages.[31] This [is] the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Asher according to their families, these cities with their villages.KJV

Isaiah 23:1-18 THE WORD CONCERNING TYRE. Howl, ye ships of Carthage; for she has perished, and men no longer arrive from the land of the Citians: she is led captive.[2] To whom are the dwellers in the island become like, the merchants of Phoenice, passing over the sea [3] in great waters, a generation of merchants? as when the harvest is gathered in, so are these traders with the nations.[4] Be ashamed, O Sidon: the sea has said, yea, the strength of the sea has said, I have not travailed, nor brought forth, nor have I brought up young men, nor reared virgins.[5] Moreover when it shall be heard in Egypt, sorrow shall seize them for Tyre.[6] Depart ye to Carthage; howl, ye that dwell in this island.[7] Was not this your pride from the beginning, before she was given up?[8] Who has devised this counsel against Tyre? Is she inferior? or has she no strength? her merchants were the glorious princes of the earth.[9] The Lord of hosts has purposed to bring down all the pride of the glorious ones, and to disgrace every glorious thing on the earth.[10] Till thy land, for ships no more come out of Carthage.[11] And thy hand prevails no more by sea, which troubled kings: the Lord of hosts has given a command concerning Chanaan, to destroy the strength thereof.[12] And men shall say, Ye shall no longer at all continue to insult and injure the daughter of Sidon: and if thou depart to the Citians, neither there shalt thou have rest.[13] And if thou depart to the land of the Chaldeans, this also is laid waste by the Assyrians, for her wall is fallen. [14] Howl, ye ships of Carthage: for your strong hold is destroyed.[15] And it shall come to pass in that day, that Tyre shall be left seventy years, as the time of a king, as the time of a man: and it shall come to pass after seventy years, that Tyre shall be as the song of a harlot.[16] Take a harp, go about, O city, thou harlot that hast been forgotten; play well on the harp, sing many songs, that thou mayest be remembered. [17] And it shall come to pass after the seventy years, that God will visit Tyre, and she shall be again restored to her primitive state, and she shall be a mart for all the kingdoms of the world on the face of the earth.[18] And her trade and her gain shall be holiness to the Lord: it shall not be gathered for them, but for those that dwell before the Lord, even all her trade, to eat and drink and be filled, and for a covenant and a memorial before the Lord.LXX

Doesn't this make Tyre and the Phoenicians come from the tribe of Asher?

=====================
So... Asher's lot includes Tyre.

Joshua 19:24-31 And the fifth lot came out to Aser according to their families.[25] And their borders were Exeleketh, and Aleph, and Baethok, and Keaph,[26] and Elimelech, and Amiel, and Maasa, and the lot will border on Carmel westward, and on Sion, and Labanath.[27] And it will return westward from Baethegeneth, and will join Zabulon and Ekgai, and Phthaeel northwards, and the borders will come to Saphthaebaethme, and Inael, and will go on to Chobamasomel,[28] and Elbon, and Raab, and Ememaon, and Canthan to great Sidon.[29] And the borders shall turn back to Rama, and to the fountain of Masphassat, and the Tyrians; and the borders shall return to Jasiph, and their going forth shall be the sea, and Apoleb, and Echozob,[30] and Archob, and Aphec, and Raau.[31] This is the inheritance of the tribe of the sons of Aser according to their families, the cities and their villages.LXX

And it also includes the name Elimelech... the husband of Naomi.

Ruth 1:1-2 And it came to pass when the judges ruled, that there was a famine in the land: and a man went from Bethleem Juda to sojourn in the land of Moab, he, and his wife, and his two sons.[2] And the man’s name was Elimelech, and his wife’s name Noemin, and the names of his two sons Maalon and Chelaion, Ephrathites of Bethleem of Juda* *: and they came to the land of Moab, and remained there.

So... maybe Ephrathites means this:

Because Ephraim was adopted by Jacob and made his first-born... sometimes people of the 12 tribes were being called by his name?* So people from Asher's land might also be called Ephrathites because Ephraim was the head of the family and, therefore, the head of Asher's people who lived in this place called Elimelech... spelled Allammelech in KJV. And this place shows up on the map, above, just North-east of the Kishon river.

This is actually pretty cool, right?
* The archaeological record shows Bethlehem north of Jerusalem (Jebus)... which legally belongs to the tribe of Benjamin, son of the Rachel who is buried near there... Rachel is crying for her children in Ramah... not south of Jerusalem. And at some point in time, Judah must have taken both Jebus and Bethlehem from Benjamin. The bible commentaries mention this 'Jebus' fact, but only speculate on why this happened.

* David is said to have come from Bethlehem-Ephrathah.

* Oddly, Bethlehem of Galilee is in Asher's lot, near Allamelech and Nazareth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for attempting to explain.

Endtimes !

I start and finish with:- Jesus is coming again.
Everything else is speculation.

Revelation 3:12 ... and I will write upon him My new name.
Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. And He had a name written that no man knew but He Himself.

Revelation 18:4 And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.[5] For her sins have reached unto Heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.[6] Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.[7] How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.KJV

Isaiah 40:1 Comfort ye, comfort ye My people, saith God.[2] Speak, ye priests, to the heart of Jerusalem; comfort her, for her humiliation is accomplished, her sin is put away: for she has received of the Lord’s hand double the amount of her sins.LXX

Upvote 0