BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Being wonderfully and lovingly made by our creator, every aspect of us is meant to give Him Glory. With that being said, there are qualities about us that can easily be very effective either in a positive way or a caustic way. What are those two-sided qualities of you?....

Have they been damaging? How so?

Have they been beneficial? How so?

Re: personal qualities that have been used/presented negatively --->

If we are the way we are meant to be, then what (?) is it that turns a God-given quality into a fault? Insecurity? Pride?

What's the core issue messing up the potential? How can you chip away at that issue?

Fatally.Yours

I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.
Dec 21, 2010
England
✟15,411.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Being too honest with people.
Now one of my friends isn't talking to me because I told him exactly what I thought of this girl he's talking to. :|
Being ugly, beneficial in the sense of I don't attract perverts on a night out, a hindrance in the sense of the best my boyfriend can come up with to describe my looks is "squishy".

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What are those two-sided qualities of you?....
towards others, my sense of humor is at times very sarcastic
towards me - my kindess. I'll explain below.

My humor can sometimes be misinterprinted and taken seriously when not meant seriously. I've learned though that I need to let people get to know me and me to know them before really exposing my full sense of humor. My ex showed me something he thought was cool and special. I wanted to be funny and said - well it's not like I haven't seen anything like this before.. it wasn't taken well. (Which I can totally understand today!!)

My kindness - how can that be negative?? Well it can if you never stop to think - do I have time for this? Can I manage to take this on? And just say yes and then fell - why did I say yes to this? I can give all I want into this. I've learned to say no to things when I already have a lot to handle.

My humor can sometimes be an icebreaker.

Being too kind can sometimes be beneficial in the way that I've met some people I never would have met in the same way. (I've been in the kitchen helping out in church together with people I wouldn't have talked to in the same way before.. and things like that.)

If we are the way we are meant to be, then what (?) is it that turns a God-given quality into a fault? Insecurity? Pride?
I think it has something to do with listening to the lies we're fed by satan. Like we're not good enough. etc.

What's the core issue messing up the potential? How can you chip away at that issue?
The core issue - I don't know.
But maybe by seeking God and trying not to listen when all those "You're not good enough, see he/she does it so much better. " starts and try to look at ourselves through Gods eyes and ask God and ourselves how we can use our personality, gifts for God and His kingdom.

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Being too honest with people.
Now one of my friends isn't talking to me because I told him exactly what I thought of this girl he's talking to. :|
Being ugly, beneficial in the sense of I don't attract perverts on a night out, a hindrance in the sense of the best my boyfriend can come up with to describe my looks is "squishy".

what?

As for the honesty thing. The only thing I've come up with is trying different approaches. Sizing up the individual first before you go in. Sometimes that doesn't matter though. Sometimes its the person. I'm starting to close my mouth more as I get older. People will either learn or correct themselves with some support or encouragement. I've gotten to where I just don't say much unless I'm asked my opinion or I think it could be harmful. I know what you're saying though. It's tough when you do something out of pure care and it has poor outcome. Hopefully the relationship with your friend can be mended. :hug:

What are those two-sided qualities of you?....
towards others, my sense of humor is at times very sarcastic
towards me - my kindess. I'll explain below.

My humor can sometimes be misinterprinted and taken seriously when not meant seriously. I've learned though that I need to let people get to know me and me to know them before really exposing my full sense of humor. My ex showed me something he thought was cool and special. I wanted to be funny and said - well it's not like I haven't seen anything like this before.. it wasn't taken well. (Which I can totally understand today!!)

My kindness - how can that be negative?? Well it can if you never stop to think - do I have time for this? Can I manage to take this on? And just say yes and then fell - why did I say yes to this? I can give all I want into this. I've learned to say no to things when I already have a lot to handle.

My humor can sometimes be an icebreaker.

Being too kind can sometimes be beneficial in the way that I've met some people I never would have met in the same way. (I've been in the kitchen helping out in church together with people I wouldn't have talked to in the same way before.. and things like that.)

I think it has something to do with listening to the lies we're fed by satan. Like we're not good enough. etc.

The core issue - I don't know.
But maybe by seeking God and trying not to listen when all those "You're not good enough, see he/she does it so much better. " starts and try to look at ourselves through Gods eyes and ask God and ourselves how we can use our personality, gifts for God and His kingdom.

I feel like you got into my daily journal. :)

Upvote 0

BRISH

Loved
Jun 16, 2009
✟15,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You're welcome!

Daily journal?? Online or one just for you?

I'd be interested to hear/see your thoughts on this. =)

Why? I think you really did read through it already. lol

(joking ;)

Stuff this personal I just jot down here at home. ~shrug~ Ill try to get a little more collective on it. My notes are always all over the place as they written in the moment. :) But yeah....I enjoyed reading yours. It was comforting to see this in someone else...

Upvote 0

Fatally.Yours

I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.
Dec 21, 2010
England
✟15,411.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
what?

As for the honesty thing. The only thing I've come up with is trying different approaches. Sizing up the individual first before you go in. Sometimes that doesn't matter though. Sometimes its the person. I'm starting to close my mouth more as I get older. People will either learn or correct themselves with some support or encouragement. I've gotten to where I just don't say much unless I'm asked my opinion or I think it could be harmful. I know what you're saying though. It's tough when you do something out of pure care and it has poor outcome. Hopefully the relationship with your friend can be mended. :hug:
I'm beyond the point of caring, I've been warning him about her for months because stuff went bad between them once but he got in touch with her again.
He can make his own mistakes now, he just can't come crying to me when it goes wrong.

Upvote 0

Nilla

No longer on staff
Apr 8, 2006
Sweden
✟56,683.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Why? I think you really did read through it already. lol

(joking ;)

Stuff this personal I just jot down here at home. ~shrug~ Ill try to get a little more collective on it. My notes are always all over the place as they written in the moment. :) But yeah....I enjoyed reading yours. It was comforting to see this in someone else...
Lol NOW I got what you meant by

I feel like you got into my daily journal.
smile.gif

Didn't get it til now. :doh:

Upvote 0