North Carolina
✟2,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Being my first post I thought I would start at the beginning.

It seems that as we progress through time, more info is revealed to us. As such I enjoy finding or hearing about clues or information regarding biblical history and what the future holds for us.

Do we have any clues to the Adamic Language, or the language methods used by Adam and Eve which probably would have been passed down a few generations. The Tower of Babel created or separated languages biblically.

Do we know how many years ago Genesis occurred? I often see the 5500-6000 year range.

I feel like the more we study the beginning, the better chance of returning to certain qualities of it like lifespan and perhaps a better connection like Adam and Eve once had. A better balanced nature.

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It seems that as we progress through time, more info is revealed to us. As such I enjoy finding or hearing about clues or information regarding biblical history and what the future holds for us.

Do we have any clues to the Adamic Language, or the language methods used by Adam and Eve which probably would have been passed down a few generations. The Tower of Babel created or separated languages biblically.

Do we know how many years ago Genesis occurred? I often see the 5500-6000 year range.

I feel like the more we study the beginning, the better chance of returning to certain qualities of it like lifespan and perhaps a better connection like Adam and Eve once had. A better balanced nature.
Welcome to CF. We only have the geneology in scripture that gives us a hint from Adam to Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Whether or not this tells us the age of creation is highly debatable. No clue on the Adamic language.
Blessings

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Agreed - Genesis 1 describes events that took place about 6000 years ago

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,756.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It is my belief that much of Genesis is allegorical. It is truth but not necessarily literal fact.

Upvote 0

Creature3

Dec 18, 2023
Lusaka
✟501.00
Country
Zambia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Also being the new year (2024) this topic caught my attention. I think so too that as we keep hearing the word of God more is revealed to us about who we are which enlightens our understanding of our past and the future.

But having information alone is not enough, we need to use biblical information to know about God and his spirit poured into the Earth to then have more revelation about our past and future life. So it is a relationship we need to endeavor to build. Do we have a chance at getting back to certain qualities of life like Adam and Eve? Yes, only not in the first adam but in the second whos is the Christ, we even have better future in Him. 1 Corinthians 15:45 "So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being”[a]; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit." We are better in Christ Jesus. I think that we need to know where we are coming from but also understand that our trajectory for the future is no longer in the first Adam (We don't need to get back to where we started), our future is now in Jesus Christ. John 17:14 - 19 says "14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15 My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17 Sanctify them by[d] the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified."

The earth on the other hand is passing away.

Upvote 0

SergiusPaulus

Dec 30, 2023
North Carolina
✟2,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
We have several versions of the Bible. I grew up with King James. After returning from military I was introduced to the NIV and other versions. In the NIV, Revelations 22 is sometimes subtitled Eden Restored.

Yes we do have Jesus now, and if Eden were restored it would be different than before. The hope of a Restored Eden is optimistic, this time containing Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Although even Adam walked with God in Eden in Genesis.

Upvote 0

SergiusPaulus

Dec 30, 2023
North Carolina
✟2,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Do we typically believe that God intended for Adam and Eve to live forever? Or was their fall known before creation? Mixed opinions? If an Eden like environment is restored in Revelation 22 it seems we may be heading towards a world with no corruption or sin. New Jerusalem from Revelations 21 will be with us. The measurement of New Jerusalem is quite large. Or is it symbolic? The measurement forms a cube. If God intended humans to live a non ending life maybe a goal is to strive for a non ending life. As medicine advances and our understanding of spiritual involvement in our lives grows, maybe we will discover secrets to long life soon. I agree our bodies are a temple and maybe that’s a hint to us for long life.

Upvote 0

SergiusPaulus

Dec 30, 2023
North Carolina
✟2,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I wonder if prior to the fall that eating was for enjoyment rather than necessity for life. The verses below are explaining the consequences of disobeying God in the Garden of Eden. It’s as though eating became required. I was thinking that they did not age until they disobeyed.

“And to Adam He said, Because you have listened and given heed to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it, the ground is under a curse because of you; in sorrow and toil shall you eat [of the fruits] of it all the days of your life. Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth for you, and you shall eat the plants of the field. In the sweat of your face shall you eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you shall return.”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭3‬:‭17‬-‭19‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

Upvote 0