Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So why are you Catholic if you don't assert tradition to be truth? Or you are a "larper" like you claim every sorcerer is?

So you seriously believe they are selling real grimoires in amazon ? ---SE---

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

It would look like those are actually books about grimoires. History, folklore stuff like that.

I fear the original intent was on actually like "real" grimoires which I find just tad hard to believe. If you find a good 5 star demon customer feedback do link it. I will order one for Christmas.

Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟530,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I fear the original intent was on actually like "real" grimoires which I find just tad hard to believe. If you find a good 5 star demon customer feedback do link it. I will order one for Christmas.

Don't do it. You are literally just asking for trouble if you actually try to own those kind of things / books.

Last edited:
Reactions: Athanasias
Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,591.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
*Sigh*

They are books that literally give invocations for demons and spells to direct those demons to do things for the mage / magician.

They are not history books.

Goetia / Lesser Key of Solomon

Lesser Key of Solomon - Wikipedia

Goetia - Wikipedia

Unfortunately, these books are all too real. Very old copies of these books were brought over to this country by Germanic emigrants from Europe. While I can not speak to the disposition of the souls of those who used them, it is abundantly clear that all of the families suffered physical and mental anguish and hard-ship well beyond that of others. Most families eventually caught on, and the last of those European copies that I know of, was burnt after the death of the last surviving family member that had possession of the book. My Father, Aunts, Uncles, and their cousins were the ones who made the decision and burnt it. None of them would even open the cover.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm skeptical that there's anything actually going on with these people. Unlike some, I think God is in charge of this world, not Satan. However it does appear that there's a rapid growth of people who report their religion as witchcraft of one sort of another.

In Scandinavian countries there are more people seeking priests for house blessings, despite being secular countries with lower church attendance and affiliation.

If anything, we are in a post-secular age. While I don't approve of witch-burnings or persecuting people of other religions (such as Wicca or traditional religions), it's sort of a myth that the Enlightenment banished peoples belief, or willingness to believe, in spirits and ghosts. Indeed, those beliefs persisted throughout the Enlightenment, sometimes in the very people we perceive as being the most rational.

Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is a grimoires?

Wondering myself a girmoire is a textbook of magic, typically including instructions on how to create magical objects like talismans and amulets, how to perform magical spells, charms and divination, and how to summon or invoke supernatural entities such as angels, spirits, deities and demons

Source

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums