The rise of menace as a mainstream political tool

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Menace, as a Political Tool, Enters the Republican Mainstream

From congressional offices to community meeting rooms, threats of violence are becoming commonplace among a significant segment of the Republican Party. Ten months after rioters attacked the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, and after four years of a president who often spoke in violent terms about his adversaries, right-wing Republicans are talking more openly and frequently about the use of force as justifiable in opposition to those who dislodged him from power.

In Washington, D.C., where decorum and civility are still given lip service, violent or threatening language still remains uncommon, if not unheard-of, among lawmakers who spend a great deal of time in the same building. But among the most fervent conservatives, who play an outsize role in primary contests and provide the party with its activist energy, the belief that the country is at a crossroads that could require armed confrontation is no longer limited to the fringe.

It paints an ugly picture of our political future...

Thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: Occams Barber

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm honestly surprised the killing hasn't started already.
That will happen if enough high ranking law enforcement and courts are infiltrated at a high level. Fortunately there are, so far, enough conservative patriots to buffer this effort.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,201.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,477.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yet the second amendment of the DSA supports the concept “to thwart and oppose the general government” does it not?
In your opinion, when should the right start killing the left?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yet the second amendment of the DSA supports the concept “to thwart and oppose the general government” does it not?

You're better acquainted with that than I am.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Once it becomes more obvious that nationalism is dying to global corporatism, we may see the far-left join forces with the far-right. Now that would be interesting. Disturbing, but interesting.

Except it's been painfully obvious for decades already.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,201.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In your opinion, when should the right start killing the left?
I have no interest in either side, but if statements are made then lawful tradition must be taken into consideration for those who do seek division.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟495,477.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I have no interest in either side, but if statements are made then lawful tradition must be taken into consideration for those who do seek division.
Come on, don't be shy. When is it okay to shoot the left?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Only as an outsider with no vested interest in taking sides.

Of course -- nevertheless, you're still closer to these matters than I am -- so why ask me?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,201.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Come on, don't be shy. When is it okay to shoot the left?
Why not say right and left? But the constitutional amendment of the DSA refers to government, not any specific gender of it. It wasn't my idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,201.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Because the topic of the thread is the threat of violence by the right towards the left.
Oh I see. Killing is never an option... but in the name of balance perhaps each side of these divisive people should take turns in alternating summers taking to the streets and looting and burning. That should satisfy the appetite for violence of either side if they must pursue it.

Upvote 0

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟453,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“Heavenly Father, we come before you tonight,” said Joshua Pratt, a conservative activist. “Your children are in a battle, and we need your help.”

He's actually right, but it's not the battle he thinks it is. The real battle is to prevent the church from being overrun with the heresy of placing political power and influence over the gospel. You can be both conservative and denounce the violent and dehumanizing rhetoric sweeping through Republican politics - and liberal Christians can do the same when it occurs from Democrats. Unfortunately, Christians are choosing to remain silent on that topic even while often repeating the most opposed-to-scripture talking points of their political idols.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,201.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, Christians are choosing to remain silent on that topic even while often repeating even the most opposed to scripture talking points of their political idols.

I'd say both sides lose.

Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
(sigh) The Left, which uses violence without apology and uses it to achieve its aims, both in this country in recent years and historically, always tries to provide a rationale for it that can cover its own tracks. That takes many forms, but claiming that the other side provoked Leftwing violence, or that the "real threat" is from the Right is something the Left invented. White Nationalism or White Supremacy, for example.

Or calling parents who speak out at school board meetings during the time that is routinely set aside for public comment "domestic terrorists." That's one of the latest examples.

One good way to note the difference and sort out the truth from the propaganda is to watch to see which side ACTUALLY DOES IT.

Obviously, largescale rioting, extensive property damage and personal injury by Antifa, BLM, etc. is not equaled by some high school student holding up a sign protesting mandatory vaccinations! Nor is there a parallel to be found on the right to the leftist political leaders apologizing for and financing rioters and looters who advance their cause.

Last edited:
Upvote 0