WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes I chuckle when modern science spends millions of dollars and years of research to prove something that Catholics have already known for centuries.

One such case is the Grant Study of Adult Development, begun at Harvard in 1938 and carried forward to the present day. Researchers followed a group of Harvard men from their undergraduate days to the present to try and understand what accounts for human happiness and success.

Lead researcher George Vallient summarizes the project thus: "The seventy-five years and twenty million dollars expended on the Grant Study points, at least to me, to a straightforward five-word conclusion: 'Happiness is love. Full stop.'"

- Dr David Anders
http://calvin2catholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-Key-to-Happiness.pdf

Last edited:

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, there you have it! Centuries of mystics, seers, and theologians would have told them that for free, but it's nice to see the secular world accept something as true that is most certainly true.

Secular academia/natural sciences severely retard their potential progress by not only rejecting spiritual/religious perspectives as merititous, but any philosophy that isn't considered part of a natural phenomenon.

As a result, most followers of the discipline(s) end up rejecting a myriad of information people may already understand in "modernity," only to see much of that information vindicated.

It can be unfortunate when it means something groundbreaking - like consciousness, existentalism, and the creation itself.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Sometimes I chuckle when modern science spends millions of dollars and years of research to prove something that Catholics have already known for centuries.

One such case is the Grant Study of Adult Development, begun at Harvard in 1938 and carried forward to the present day. Researchers followed a group of Harvard men from their undergraduate days to the present to try and understand what accounts for human happiness and success.

Lead researcher George Vallient summarizes the project thus: "The seventy-five years and twenty million dollars expended on the Grant Study points, at least to me, to a straightforward five-word conclusion: 'Happiness is love. Full stop.'"

- Dr David Anders
http://calvin2catholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-Key-to-Happiness.pdf

The Grant Study also found that:
  • Aging liberals have more sex.
  • The most-conservative men ceased sexual relations at an average age of 68.
  • The most-liberal men had active sex lives into their 80s.
As a left leaning male in his late sixties, I think the study was worth $20 million for the bragging rights alone. :clap:
OB

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums