Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know you didn't say that. And I was replying to someone else who might think one needs to get baptised in order to complete one's salvation.

Water Cults teach that water is "baptismal regeneration".

That is.>"the water is the saving device"... "water washes sin away"

"born again BY water"......vs. "born again BY the HOLY SPIRIT"

See that demonic misinterpretation?

Where did this DEMONIC Teaching come from?
It came from JEROME< who knowingly and willfully mistranslated John 3, from a corrupted Latin NT Text, into the Douay Rheims transgression of the word of God.

This heretic, Jerome, is the one who mistranslated "Repentance" into "PENANCE".
He is the very reason that Martin Luther ran from the "cult of Mary"..

"cult of Mary" is the original title given to what is now known as the "Catholic Church".

This title originated in about 4-5 AD, in Ephesus..... coming from the early "church fathers".

You can research this TITLE easily online or in any Catholic History book, but oddly, Forums try to hide it and prevent it from being discovered.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate to tell you this Chaleb, but you seem to do that to me a lot when I'm actually saying something that's in agreement with what you're teaching. It's like you don't really read what I'm saying and just assume I'm contradicting you, and then launch into a sermon.

I'll keep an eye on that for you.
Thank you.

There is a little "click" of Hyper Calvinist legalists here who jam up all my Threads with ""Salvation by works and commandments and water and predestined elect"">..., so, as i see this 99% of the time, thats why.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Water Cults teach that water is "baptismal regeneration".

That is.>"the water is the saving device"... "water washes sin away"

"born again BY water"......vs. "born again BY the HOLY SPIRIT"

See that demonic misinterpretation?

Where did this DEMONIC Teaching come from?
It came from JEROME< who mistranslate John 3, from a corrupted Latin Text, into the Douay Rheims transgression of the word of God.

This heretic, Jerome, is the one who mistranslated "Repentance" into "PENANCE".
He is the very reason that Martin Luther ran from the "cult of Mary"..

"cult of Mary" is the original title given to what is now known as the "Catholic Church".

This title originated in about 4-5 AD, in Ephesus..... coming from the early "church fathers".

You can research this TITLE easily online or in any Catholic History book, but oddly, Forums try to hide it and prevent it from being discovered.
The last couple of threads I spent the most time in, I was arguing against baptismal regeneration, and praying to Mary (and Mariology as a whole).

Interestingly enough a Catholic or Eastern Orthodox member actually referred to it as the cult of Mary.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Most of the readers here, are sinning and confessing., and that is not real Christianity, that is broken faith and a failed discipleship.

My Thread and most of my Threads, are designed to show you how to stop "sinning, penance, confessing, repeat".
What does a righteous man do when they slip and fall? Like the hero's in scripture, they confess their sins and repent, which is what scripture tells us to do, so according to God's Word 1 John 1:9, that is real Christianity. Proverbs 24:16

The dangerous place to be is to think one is without sin, while they are breaking the law of God 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7 and don't think they need to confess to Jesus to be forgiven or need to change their behavior and can still be saved. We are not saved by law keeping, we are saved by Jesus through our faith, those who have faith uphold the law and teachings of Jesus and follow His example. Romans 3:31 Revelation 14:12 1 John 2:6

We are not saved by baptism; one can be baptized and still be lost if they fall. Baptism is an outward commitment to God that you want to be reborn in Christ, change from your old life of sin, to now walk with Christ in obedience to Him and His will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does a righteous man do when they slip and fall?

of themselves....."There are none righteous, no not one".. "all your works are filthy rags"..

why?

because ::: = "all have sinned"...

So, What changes when a person is born again, by the Holy Spirit, and not by water? ???

They spiritually become ONE with GOD.........and "God is A Spirit"
To be "IN Christ" is to be "one with God". = "spiritual Union". ... born again.

Now, what does NOT change when a believer's Spirit, has been joined to God's Spirit, by God's Holy Spirit?
= Your body is still "dead because of sin".... and your Mind, is carnal and has to be "renewed".

And there is one more thing that does not change, after a person is Born again.

A.) Your works. Your deeds.. Your self effort....is still "filthy rags".......so, never try to believe that your works are clean before God as they are never anything but works. and "Salvation is Grace through faith, without works".
Works are just works, and the unbeliever can do the same works as you do, and in both cases they are just works.

The unbeliever can be water baptized., and go to hell.
The unbeliever can try to be like Christ for 40 yrs, trying to keep commandments, and law, and give to the poor and , never miss a communion, and die and GO TO HELL.
They do this from Baptist pews and from Catholic Monasteries.

Why did thousands of these die yesterday, tomorrow, and today, and went to hell?

Because Jesus told them...

"you MUST be born again""""< and they were only water baptized church members who tried to be good and keep commandments.

They were RELIGIOUS.... but lost.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does a righteous man do when they slip and fall? Like the hero's in scripture, they confess their sins and repent, which is what scripture tells us to do, so according to God's Word 1 John 1:9, that is real Christianity. Proverbs 24:16

The dangerous place to be is to think one is without sin, while they are breaking the law of God 1 John 3:4, Romans 7:7 and don't think they need to confess to Jesus to be forgiven or need to change their behavior and can still be saved. We are not saved by law keeping, we are saved by Jesus through our faith, those who have faith uphold the law and teachings of Jesus and follow His example. Romans 3:31 Revelation 14:12 1 John 2:6

We are not saved by baptism; one can be baptized and still be lost if they fall. Baptism is an outward commitment to God that you want to be reborn in Christ, change from your old life of sin, to now walk with Christ in obedience to Him and His will.
When I know that I have stumbled, I tell my Father I'm sorry and ask Him to please help me to stop doing that. I do that because I'm a disciple of Christ because I love God and know His ways are better than my ways. But I don't believe that when I stumble, God revokes my salvation and I have to repent and confess to regain my salvation, over and over again.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
of themselves....."There are none righteous, no not one".. "all your works are filthy rags"..

why?

because ::: = "all have sinned"...

So, What changes when a person is born again, by the Holy Spirit, and not by water? ???

They spiritually become ONE with GOD.........and "God is A Spirit"
To be "IN Christ" is to be "one with God". = "spiritual Union". ... born again.

Now, what does NOT change when a believer's Spirit, has been joined to God's Spirit, by God's Holy Spirit?
= Your body is still "dead because of sin".... and your Mind, is carnal and has to be "renewed".

And there is one more thing that does not change, after a person is Born again.

A.) Your works. Your deeds.. Your self effort....is still "filthy rags".......so, never try to believe that your works are clean before God as they are never anything but works. and "Salvation is Grace through faith, without works".
Works are just works, and the unbeliever can do the same works as you do, and in both cases they are just works.
I don't think you read what you are responding to salvation is through grace by faith and someone who has faith upholds the law Romans 3:31 so not sure why you would be arguing against this. A saved person and a lost person have a different walk. Someone who is saved, and falls can be saved again by following the teachings of Jesus and in this case, Jesus is very clear on this matter, so we need to be mindful our teachings are not overshadowing the teachings of Jesus. 1 John 1:9
The unbeliever can be water baptized., and go to hell.
The unbeliever can try to be like Christ for 40 yrs, trying to keep commandments, and law, and give to the poor and , never miss a communion, and die and GO TO HELL.
They do this from Baptist pews and from Catholic Monasteries.

Why did thousands of these die yesterday, tomorrow, and today, and went to hell?

Because Jesus told them...

"you MUST be born again""""< and they were only water baptized church members who tried to be good and keep commandments.

They were RELIGIOUS.... but lost.
Yes, there are many professed religious people are lost- Jesus made this abundantly clear Matthew 7:21-23 it is those who do the will of God that will enter into the gates of heaven and scripture reveals what the will of God is and many in which you are discouraging for some strange reason.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I know that I have stumbled, I tell my Father I'm sorry and ask Him to please help me to stop doing that. I do that because I'm a disciple of Christ because I love God and know His ways are better than my ways. But I don't believe that when I stumble, God revokes my salvation and I have to repent and confess to regain my salvation, over and over again.

Nicely stated.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone who is saved, and falls can be saved again

To be "Re-saved"........Jesus would have to DIE AGAIN on the Cross for you all over again.

That's not going to happen.
You have to Think.

You're not thinking. You're just repeating what some deceiver has taught you to think.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So if you continue in sin, you don't need the power of Jesus to help you overcome that sin. You can confess for that sin a year ago but continue in that sin and still be saved?

The blood of Jesus replaced the blood of animal sacrifices and animal sacrifices happened daily, because people sinned daily. We should be praying daily for forgiveness and to help us overcome sin and through His power we can gain victory over sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
To be "Re-saved"........Jesus would have to DIE AGAIN on the Cross for you all over again.

That's not going to happen.
You have to Think.

You're not thinking. You're just repeating what some deceiver has taught you to think.
Not according to the Word of God which is the light to our path....Psalms 119:105

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

We crucify Christ all over again by not accepting what Jesus did at the cross for us and choosing to live a life of sin (breaking God's law) instead of confessing and walking in Christ in obedience to Him . Hebrews 10:26

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not according to the Word of God which is the light to our path....Psalms 119:105

Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened,

Are you a "Hebrew". Are you a Jew?

So, when you read about HEBREWS, who are Jews, that are not born again, in "HEBREWS".... Chapter 6 and 10, then dont aim that verse at yourself, if you are born again.
And in Acts 28:28, you see Paul talking again to the same Unsaved Hebrews....(Christ rejecting JEWS).. so.....dont aim that verse at yourself or to any real born again Christian.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you a "Hebrew". Are you a Jew?

So, when you read about HEBREWS, who are Jews, that are not born again, in "HEBREWS".... Chapter 6 and 10, then dont aim that verse at yourself, if you are born again.
And in Acts 28:28, you see Paul talking again to the same Unsaved Hebrews....(Christ rejecting JEWS).. so.....dont aim that verse at yourself or to any real born again Christian.
2 Timothy 3:16

I will leave it as we will have to agree to disagree and it will all get sorted out soon enough.

God bless.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sinning Christians, talk endlessly about "works, water, commandments, law, and SIN".

I teach how to STOP BEING that one.
I'm more concerned what God's Word teaches, which is about overcoming sin through the power of Jesus Christ and gives us the steps to do so.

Take care.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Timothy 3:16

That verse is true.
But, there is this....>"rightly divide"........and there is this........>"study to show yourself approved to God"...... and they are hand and glove.

Here is a key.

All verses that occurred before the Cross was Raised, have to be interpreted, in Light of the Cross.

This means, you have to discern, = you have to realize...>>"is this verse written to the Jew, the House of Israel, or the Gentiles in the "time of the Gentiles".

Start there, and work on it,

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm more concerned what God's Word teaches,

You can't overcome sin by trying to overcome it.
You'll just stay in sin consciousness and sin more.

What actually happens is that by trying to do right, and strive against sin, you end up here....>"the law is the POWER of sin, and the power of sin is the LAW".

What is the curse of the Law?

Its this....."" that which i would do i can't and that which i hate i do"...

See that?
There is your "sinning and confessing" issue, revealed as...>"im trying to perform Christianity" instead of resting in : "The Gift of Salvation" and "CHRIST always gives me the VICTORY".

The Grace of God is literally shut off as your power to live Holy, until you understand that Christianity is not something you do.
its something you became,, as "a new creation in Christ".

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That verse is true.
But, there is this....>"rightly divide"........and there is this........>"study to show yourself approved to God"...... and they are hand and glove.

Here is a key.

All verses that occurred before the Cross was Raised, have to be interpreted, in Light of the Cross.

This means, you have to discern, = you have to realize...>>"is this verse written to the Jew, the House of Israel, or the Gentiles in the "time of the Gentiles".

Start there, and work on it,
Well I am not of the belief that the Hebrews can fall away and be grafted back in the fold through repentance, but Gentiles can't and in order for Gentiles to be grafted back in Jesus would need to die again. There is only one salvation and one people of God and that is those in Christ through faith. Gal 3:26-28

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I am not of the belief that the Hebrews can fall away

Here is the thing.

"a sower planted seeds, and some fell on good ground and took root, and some fell on bad ground and seemed to have root, but were just very well planted, and died".

Those Jews in Hebrews 10 were not Christians....they were Christ Rejectors who were being given the gospel that is the Cross of Christ and they "trampled it underfoot, ... they "crucified Christ AFRESH".......

How?

= Christ Rejection.

They came to the knowledge of the Truth....they heard the Gospel, they understood it, they knew it, but they hated it and spit on it, and denied it.

= "willfully sinned"...........the sin of Christ Rejection, = and when you reject Jesus, there is no more sacrifice for your sin, as He is the only, and they rejected their messiah.

These Hebrews in Chapter 6 and 10 and Acts 28, are literally committing the : Unpardonable Sin

= Christ Rejection

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is the thing.

"a sower planted seeds, and some fell on good ground and took root, and some fell on bad ground and seemed to have root, but were just very well planted, and died".

Those Jews in Hebrews 10 were not Christians....they were Christ Rejectors who were being given the gospel that is the Cross of Christ and they "trampled it underfoot, ... they "crucified Christ AFRESH".......

How?

= Christ Rejection.

They came to the knowledge of the Truth....they heard the Gospel, they understood it, they knew it, but they hated it and spit on it, and denied it.

= "willfully sinned"...........the sin of Christ Rejection, = and when you reject Jesus, there is no more sacrifice for your sin, as He is the only, and they rejected their messiah.

These Hebrews in Chapter 6 and 10 and Acts 28, are literally committing the : Unpardonable Sin

= Christ Rejection
It's best not to micro-quote someone because it changes the context.

Upvote 0