✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 John 1:
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

While many struggle with this notion of the forgiveness of sins, it is in the cleansing from all unrighteousness that bolsters our faith in the reality of His indwelling Spirit that overcomes and displaces the sin nature from a place of influence. I now have a literal "laundry list" of habits and "stinkin' thinkin'" that no longer troubles me. The pattern was always the same. Not simply confessing, but literally begging the Lord to liberate me from these troubling strongholds of the mind and heart. Then after a period of time I noticed that the issue had ceased. (I call it the third day principle, because of the many prayers that I have had answered, that as God is my witness, were answered after that seeming period of time where I let the concern pass from my mind). This work is expedited when we find close associations in whom we can trust to confess our faults.
There is a clear distinction in scripture from sins i.e. wrongful acts we have committed, and sin, as a nature in fallen man that must be overcome by the power of the Resurrected Son of God, glorifying the son of man at the Cross. The early translations rendered this as "remission of sin".

Mark 1:4 KJV John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sin.

Remission is a temporary suspension of the malignant power of sin. Compare this to cancer, and those who have experienced remission. John's baptism could not cleanse from all unrighteousness. In the same way, someone who responds to the Gospel with repentance and confession experiences the glorious liberty of the sons and daughters of God. However, if they fall back into old ways, old relationships, etc...they struggle with the question, am I forgiven?
Be an overcomer!
Confess your faults to a close brother or sister, pray together, trust in the Lord with all your heart, and stand and see the Lord's deliverance
Exodus 14:
And Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which He will accomplish for you today. For the Egyptians whom you see today, you shall see again no more forever.
14 The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace.”

Apr 19, 2020
Virginia
✟95,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked man forsake his own way

and the unrighteous man his own thoughts;

And 2Cor 10:5
We tear down arguments and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

The ability to replace worldly thoughts that oppose the will of God with righteous thoughts that are derived from the word of God are a blessing that only come to those who seek the Kingdom of God and His righteousness above all else. A person with desires remaining in the world will never put forth the effort required to be delivered from the bondage of sin germinating in the mind. Sin will continue to come more naturally, therefore more frequently. We all stumble, but to keep placing the same stumbling blocks in your own path is ridiculous.

Upvote 0