Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
AMDG said:
Here is one on the food stamps:

Obama Administration Pushes to Expand Food Stamp Eligibility

Yet there are many, many more.

And I know that both daughters have seen their food stamp money go up (actually it's in a card now--don't want to embarass them when having to use the food stamp money.)

Don't know. That one daughter is *still* embarassed. Just had a call from her. "When is this economy going to improve?" she asked. "I have to compete with folks that have bachelor of science degrees for lowly 'para' jobs".

Cards are cheaper and since there's no change, no more buying nickel candy, getting $0.95 back in change, rinse, repeat until you can buy that 40 with the change.

LA Metro uses TAP cards for any kind of pass and on all Metro Rail lines, even for a single ride. Why? Because its cheaper in the long run than paper and there's less fraud.

Sent from my iPhone using CF

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟68,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
264232_463070390391187_142511737_n.jpg

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟68,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Does this kind of thing make you feel better ?

Because it's not changing minds, improving the discourse or even making point.

It's just a reenforcing mechanism for you and people who think like you.

And at this point if you and people like you need reenforcing, Obama is going to take about 40 states.

Or is that the point ?

You know it's lost so you're just going to rail at the wind ?

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟68,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Does this kind of thing make you feel better ?

Because it's not changing minds, improving the discourse or even making point.

It's just a reenforcing mechanism for you and people who think like you.

And at this point if you and people like you need reenforcing, Obama is going to take about 40 states.

Or is that the point ?

You know it's lost so you're just going to rail at the wind ?

^_^^_^^_^

Good one my friend...:thumbsup:

It doesn't change the utter disaster of the Romney campaign but it does ring true on some levels on the Democrat re-election diatribe...

Nevermind I've got my answer

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,094,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think that Romney's videotaped comments about Mexicans made the video cut I showed, but they're here:

"My dad, as you probably know, was the governor of Michigan and was the head of a car company. But he was born in Mexico ... and uh, had he been born of uh, Mexican parents, I'd have a better shot at winning this," Romney says in the video. "But he was unfortunately born to Americans living in Mexico. He lived there for a number of years. I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino."

And the reason why his American-born grandparents moved to Mexico?

(Hint: because they didn't believe marriage was a contract between one man and one woman).

Romney is not Mexican, but his ancestors were white Americans who moved to Mexico when the state of Utah banned polygamy.

Mitt Romney: 'I Say That Jokingly, But It Would Be Helpful To Be Latino'

The Romney family--baptizing atheistic dead relatives, moving to Mexico so they can be polygamists--is just a little too weird for me.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟68,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This video is the final nail in the Romney campaign coffin. To write off half of the population as scrounging 'victims'. Well its over folks. The fat lady has left the building...:)

OK, look, I've got a little experience and a couple of contacts

and here's what they're saying:

Romney's campaign has, well, the wheels have fallen off. It's dead in the water and has nowhere to go.

This campaign has to pull a full stop, I mean dead stop. They need to get everyone together and reposition the campaign and it's message.

And they have to get Ryan under control. He hasn't been on message and he's running around lying about stuff that is easily debunkable.

If this doesn't happen, like, now, like today, seriously

today.

Carl Rove and the Super PAC's are going to have to take money off the Presidential ticket and start defending House and Senate seats.

The down ticket consequences of Romney and his total inability to run a national campaign can't be exaggerated. The GOP is in serious danger, right now, not next week not in November, right now, of losing in places they haven't lost in decades.

Romney is in danger of being abandoned by his own party. At this point it's about damage control not winning.

That's how bad this is.

I've never seen, heck I've never dreamed of anything like this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟444,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I admit this much - Romney is wrong on the numbers.

Here is why:
A- 47-49% are on state [gov] funding because of Obama...
B- The proportionate number who are involuntarily on state aid - will not vote for Obama because he put them there.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟444,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
yah - i didnt see your post AMDG - just recently saw the 49% - saw it quoted as 47% - didnt know which it was.

But i know this much - a lot of folks were forced on state aid - i know a few - and they blame the here and now - so Romney is wrong.
They wont vote for Obama - they dont want to be stuck in the system and want out.

Obama WISHES they would vote for him. :p

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,094,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Both of you should know that most of the 47% are working. They are not moochers. They are working hard.

Romney's 47% Who Don't Pay Federal Taxes - Business Insider

Some are retired people who have worked all their lives.

Most of the lower-income workers live in red states that are right-to-work-if-you're-willing-to-be-underpaid.

Repubicans block the unions so that the workers are working hard for less, and then Romney calls them slackers and moochers because those supporters in the Boca Raton mansion are underpaying them.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟444,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
More than likely - such as myself - working on part time wages - busting their heads to make something to pay for food and what not til someone real gets in and opens the gates to employment again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟444,305.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I live in a blue state that had to pay min wage to the state employees - because we are flat broke.
I dont where these mythologies are coming from, but really - we are living this to know all states are a mess. And none worse than Ca - the bluest state in the union.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,094,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The gates to employment have been open a long time--in Shanghai Harbor.

There is absolutely no reason to believe that those jobs will ever come back--as long as big business, led by greed, can produce things for a little bit less there they will, whether they get tax breaks or not.

Of course, investment banking firms, eager to strip companies bare and turn them over for a big profit, really got the outsourcing bandwagon rolling.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Romney didn't say that they were moochers. He said that they felt entitled.

And yes, some are entitled. They have paid into the program in order to use it. Unfortunately many get caught on it, they end up liking the fact that they are receiving aid and not having to work for it. You know that's what Star Parker (black conservative author) ends up calling "The Plantation Mentality" of "Plantation Politics". The person receiving all that government aid, becomes beholding to the government person giving the aid and will end up voting for the person who continues to give that aid. The price? As she puts it, the person's self-reliance and dignity.

You know I thought about that during the oil spill. The people of Louisiana wanted to work--they didn't want to take hand-outs. And yet Obama dragged his feet (playing golf all those days and not even taking the pro-offered help to clean up the mess). Then he put that illegal moratorium on (illegal, because a judge held him in contempt because of it) so the people couldn't work. Oh he gave the people food stamps, so I'm pretty sure he was surprised when Governor Bobby Jindal said that the people there were proud and didn't want food stamps. Guess Obama's trying to get the people of Louisiana on his plantation didn't quite work out. There *are* people like that (my daughter called today to wonder why this economy isn't better--she hates that she has to use food stamps to make ends meet.)

But there *are* also people who like to be "on the plantation", think they are entitled to the aid even though the aid *is* charity--they won't even say thank you. Romney is right. Those people will probably never be voting for him. They have sold their dignity and their votes to be "on the plantation".

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
You know I thought about that during the oil spill. The people of Louisiana wanted to work--they didn't want to take hand-outs. And yet Obama dragged his feet (playing golf all those days and not even taking the pro-offered help to clean up the mess). Then he put that illegal moratorium on (illegal, because a judge held him in contempt because of it) so the people couldn't work. Oh he gave the people food stamps, so I'm pretty sure he was surprised when Governor Bobby Jindal said that the people there were proud and didn't want food stamps. Guess Obama's trying to get the people of Louisiana on his plantation didn't quite work out. There *are* people like that (my daughter called today to wonder why this economy isn't better--she hates that she has to use food stamps to make ends meet.)

What on earth are you talking about? Obama put a moratorium on people working in Louisiana? Stopped people from working to clean up the oil spill and tried to force them on food stamps? The president refused help to clean it up? (and why were people offering to help him anyway...it was BP and the other service companies jobs to stop the blowout, kill the well, and clean up, not Obama's...he's not the Petroleum Engineer in Chief). I'd like to see the cites for all of this.

Upvote 0