Visit site
✟403,021.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
We live in a time where there is regrettably tremendous confusion and ignorance regarding the Sacraments. The Real Presence is perhaps one of the most misunderstood articles of faith.

Because of the broad influence of megachurches and pop-Christianity with their Zwinglian ideas, the Eucharist, to many, has been reduced to a mere hollow rite and symbol; memorialism. I wish more people would read what the Church Fathers believed and taught about the Eucharist. I think when we look at what the early church believed, it becomes painfully apparent how low a view we have of the Sacraments in our day.

This is a Lutheran hymn, but I think anyone who holds to the Real Presence can appreciate this:

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We live in a time where there is regrettably tremendous confusion and ignorance regarding the Sacraments. The Real Presence is perhaps one of the most misunderstood articles of faith.

Because of the broad influence of megachurches and pop-Christianity with their Zwinglian ideas, the Eucharist, to many, has been reduced to a mere hollow rite and symbol; memorialism. I wish more people would read what the Church Fathers believed and taught about the Eucharist. I think when we look at what the early church believed, it becomes painfully apparent how low a view we have of the Sacraments in our day.
Good post.

Those of us who believe in the Real Presence, and those others of us who believe in Christ but have some confusion about that, well, it's time to come together with Christ in this world of confused theology, and betrayal, schism, and so-so resistance to the sexual revolution.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,673,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is work to be done in the Catholic faith. On many different levels. I do not think one thing or another is going to fix it. There are many things that need to be done getting excited about their faith. There is a huge clock in- clock out mentality within the Church.

Upvote 0