Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A Child's Prayer

Dear God, are You still awake? Have You got a minute or two?

You're pretty good at understanding, and I really need to talk to You.

You see, Mommy came to tuck me in, Like she does every night.

I was trying to play a trick on her, since she can't see without the light.

I was going to close my eyes and pretend to be asleep.

But when I heard her crying, I didn't dare let out a peep.

She started talking to you, God. Did You hear the things she said?

Could You hear what she was saying as she stood beside my bed?

Why would Mommy be so sad?

I wondered just what I had done,

And then I began to remember it all as she named them one by one...

This morning we worked in the garden, but, honest, I really didn't know

That if I picked all those little yellow blooms the tomatoes wouldn't grow!

Charlie and I were trying to be helpers, 'Cause I know that's what Mommy needs,

But I don't think she was too happy with us when we pulled up carrots instead of weeds.

Mommy said we should stop for the day, she decided we had helped quite enough.

I sure had worked up an appetite...I didn't know gardening was so tough!

We had peanut-butter and jelly for lunch and I shared too much, I guess...

But I didn't realize until I was done that Charlie had made such a mess.

Mommy said she needed a nap, she had one of her headaches today.

She told me to keep an eye on my sister and find something quiet to play.

Well, God, do You remember all those curls you gave my little sister Jenny?

We played barber shop...very quietly...and now, well, she doesn't have any.

Boy, was Mommy mad at me...I had to go sit on my bed.

She said never to cut "people hair" again.

I guess I'll practice on Charlie instead.

We sat and watched poor old Albert, I just knew he must be so bored

Going round and round in the same place all day,

Wouldn't You think so, Lord?

I didn't think it would hurt to let him out for a while.

I mean, mice need exercise, too.

By the way, have You seen Albert lately?

He's been sort of missing since two.

Mommy sent us outside for the rest of the day.

She said we needed fresh air.

But when Daddy came home she told him he was trying to get something out of her hair.

We thought Mommy needed cheering up, so we decided to brighten her day.

But, God, did You see the look on her face when we gave her that pretty bouquet?

We had gotten a little bit dirty, so Mommy said to get in the tub.

"Use soap this time," she reminded, "and please don't forget to scrub."

Charlie didn't like the water too much, but I lathered up real good.

I knew Mommy would be so proud of me  for cleaning up like I should.

I went downstairs to the table, but during dinner it started to rain...

I'd forgotten to turn off the water, it seems, and I hadn't unplugged the drain!

I decided right then it was just about time to start getting ready for bed,

When Mommy said, "It's sure been a long day,

" And her face began turning all red.

I lay there listening to Mommy as she told You about our day.

I thought about all of the things I had done and I wondered what I should say.

I was just about to tell her that I'd been awake all along,

And ask her to please forgive me for all of those thing I'd done wrong.

When suddenly, I heard her whisper,  "God, forgive me for today...
For not being more understanding when those problems came my way...

For not handling situations in the way You wanted me to...for getting angry and losing my temper,

Things I know You don't want me to do.

And, God, please give me more patience,

Help me make it through another day, I'll do better tomorrow, I promise..

. In Jesus' name I pray."

Wiping her eyes, she kissed me and knelt here beside my bed.

She stroked my hair for a little while..." I love you, precious," Mommy said.

She left the room without ever knowing that I'd been awake all the time.

And God, could we make it our little secret?

You know, just Yours and mine?

I'm sorry I was so much trouble today, I really didn't mean to be...
Daddy says it's tough being a kid sometimes, but I think it's harder on Mommy than me.

Well, goodnight, God. Thanks for listening.

It's sure nice to know You're there.

I feel so much better when I talk to You 'cause You always hear my prayer.

And I'll do better tomorrow, I promise... Just You wait and see!

I'll try not to be so much trouble again,

But, God, please give more patience to Mommy

......Just in case!

Amen.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Tablecloth

The brand new pastor and his wife, newly assigned to their first ministry, to reopen a church in urban Brooklyn, arrived in early October excited about their opportunities. When they saw their church, it was very run down and needed much work. They set a goal to have everything done in time to have their first service on Christmas Eve.

They worked hard, repairing pews, plastering walls, painting, etc. and on Dec. 18 were ahead of schedule and just about finished. On Dec 19 a terrible tempest - a driving rainstorm hit the area and lasted for two days. On the 21st, the pastor went over to the church. His heart sunk when he saw that the roof had leaked, causing a large area of plaster about 6 feet by 8 feet to fall off the front wall of the sanctuary just behind the pulpit, beginning about head high.

The pastor cleaned up the mess on the floor, and not knowing what else do but postpone the Christmas Eve service, headed home. On the way he noticed that a local business was having a flea market type sale for charity so he stopped in.

One of the items was a beautiful, hand-made, ivory colored, crochet table cloth with exquisite work, fine colors and a cross embroidered right in the center. It was just the right size to cover up the hole in the front wall. He bought it and headed back to the church. By this time it had started to snow. An older woman running from the opposite direction was trying to catch the bus. She missed it. The pastor invited her to wait in the warm church for the next bus 45 minutes later. She sat in a pew and paid no attention to the pastor while he got a ladder, hangers, etc. to put up the tablecloth as a wall tapestry. The pastor could hardly believe how beautiful it looked and it covered up the entire problem area.

Then he noticed the woman walking down the center aisle. Her face was like a sheet.

"Pastor," she asked, "Where did you get that tablecloth?" The pastor explained. The woman asked him to check the lower right corner to see if the initials, EBG were crochet into it there. They were. These were the initials of the woman, and she had made this tablecloth 35 years before, in Austria.

The woman could hardly believe it as the pastor told how he had just gotten the tablecloth. The woman explained that before the war she and her husband were well-to-do people in Austria. When the Nazis came, she was forced to leave. Her husband was going to follow her the next week. She was captured, sent to prison and never saw her husband or her home again.

The pastor wanted to give her the tablecloth; but she made the pastor keep it for the church. The pastor insisted on driving her home, that was the least he could do. She lived on the other side of Staten Island and was only in Brooklyn for the day for a housecleaning job.

What a wonderful service they had on Christmas Eve.

The church was almost full. The music and the spirit were great. At the end of the service, the pastor and his wife greeted everyone at the door and many said that they would return. One older man, whom the pastor recognized from the neighborhood, continued to sit in one of the pews and stare, and the pastor wondered why he wasn't leaving. The man asked him where he got the tablecloth on the front wall because it was identical to one that his wife had made years ago when they lived in Austria before the war and how could there be two tablecloths so much alike?

He told the pastor how the Nazis came, how he forced his wife to flee for her safety, and he was supposed to follow her, but he was arrested and put in a concentration camp. He never saw his wife or his home again for all the 35 years in between.

The pastor asked him if he would allow him to take him for a little ride. They drove to Staten Island and to the same house where the pastor had taken the woman three days earlier. He helped the man climb the three flights of stairs to the woman's apartment, knocked on the door and he saw the greatest Christmas reunion he could ever imagine.

Story by Pastor Rob Reid, Saint Michaels Church, Brooklyn, N.Y.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"But you object, a heart like mine can offer Christ so little--at best, so poor and pinched and stingy a hospitality and such meagre fare; for I have nothing worthy of Him to set before Him, only a kind of affection, real enough at times, but which, at others, can and does so easily forget; only a will, quite unreliable, deplorably unstable; only a faith that is the merest shadow of what His real friends mean when they speak about faith, I know. But, there was once a garret up under the roof, a poor, bare place enough. There was a table in it, and there were some benches, and a water-pot; a towel, and a basin in behind the door, but not much else--a bare, unhomelike room. But the Lord Christ entered into it. And, from that moment, it became the holiest of all, where souls innumerable ever since have met the Lord God, in High Glory, face to face. And, if you give Him entrance to that very ordinary heart of yours, it too will transform and sanctify and touch with a splendour of glory." -A.J.Gossip

Re-Arrange Or Eliminate One Digit

http://www.cecm.sfu.ca/pi/pi.html

The Power Of Ten

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/.../index.html

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"But you object, a heart like mine can offer Christ so little--at best, so poor and pinched and stingy a hospitality and such meagre fare; for I have nothing worthy of Him to set before Him, only a kind of affection, real enough at times, but which, at others, can and does so easily forget; only a will, quite unreliable, deplorably unstable; only a faith that is the merest shadow of what His real friends mean when they speak about faith, I know. But, there was once a garret up under the roof, a poor, bare place enough. There was a table in it, and there were some benches, and a water-pot; a towel, and a basin in behind the door, but not much else--a bare, unhomelike room. But the Lord Christ entered into it. And, from that moment, it became the holiest of all, where souls innumerable ever since have met the Lord God, in High Glory, face to face. And, if you give Him entrance to that very ordinary heart of yours, it too will transform and sanctify and touch with a splendour of glory." :bow: :bow: A.J.Gossip

"Souls are not made sweet by taking ill tempers out, but by putting something in--a great Love, a new Spirit, the Spirit of Christ. Christ, the Spirit of Christ, interpenetrating ours, sweetens, purifies, transforms all. This can only eradicate what is wrong, renovate and regenerate, and rehabilitate the inner man. Will-power does not change men. Time does not change men. Christ does. Therefore "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus." -Henry Drummond (The Greatest Thing In The World)-

R.G.LeTourneau

No Job Too Big

When the Allied powers marked the 50th anniversary of D-Day, much of the world watched remarkable film footage of the June 6, 1944, invasion of Europe.

Accompanying the largest invasion force ever assembled onto the beaches of Normandy was an equally impressive display of machines and equipment, much of it built by the energetic Texas businessman R. G. LeTourneau.

A big man with a big heart for God, LeTourneau had always done things in a big way. His company designed and built some of the world's most massive machinery-earth movers, transporters, missile launchers, bridge builders, portable off-shore drilling rigs. If a task needed to be done faster, smarter, and bigger, LeTourneau could usually be found on the job.

Remember, there are no big jobs, only small machines & small thinking

"Remember that there are no big jobs," he said, describing his flair for colossal endeavors, "only small machines and small thinking."

His capacity to think and act on a grand scale made LeTourneau an internationally recognized industrialist. Yet he always attributed his success to the Lord. He typically began his talks to students and businessmen by saying: "I'm just a mechanic that God has blessed, and it seems He wants me to go around telling how He will bless you too."

Many Failures/ Partnership With God

LeTourneau's success came at the price of many early failures and setbacks. It was these humbling years that formed the backdrop to his salvation and "partnership with God" in business.

LeTourneau dropped out of school at age fourteen and went to work shoveling sand and dirt at an iron works factory in Portland, Oregon. Even at this early age, his mind was busy thinking of how to do the job more efficiently. By sixteen, he had grown into a large, muscular young man. And though these two years of labor with street-savvy men had educated him in the ways of the world, they had hardened his heart to the things of God. What he didn't know was that his devoutly Christian parents had been praying for his salvation daily.

Not A Tremor But Another Presence

The week before Christmas in 1904, the city of Portland had a crusade, and LeTourneau decided to attend. "What terrified me was that a after a week of concentrated singing, and listening to sermons, I didn't feel even a tremor of response," he said.

That concern led to a humble plea for God's help "No bolts of lightning hit me. No great flash of awareness. I just prayed to the Lord to save me, and then I was aware of another presence."

The following years were turbulent. LeTourneau moved to California where he worked at almost forty odd jobs. At twenty-eight, he married a girl twelve years younger. They lost their first child in infancy, and he broke his neck in a stock car crash. Due to an inept partner in a Stockton, California, repair shop, he was $5,000 in debt at age thirty-one. Disengaging himself from the garage, he promised to repay his indebtedness to a trusting banker. When the banker asked how he would repay, he simply held up his two hands. Impressed by his determination and honesty, the banker agreed to extend the loan, so LeTourneau bought a tractor and scraper and went into the earth moving business.

"Never give up, never give up, never, never, never!" (Winston Churchill)

Stubborn, willful, and self-reliant by nature, LeTourneau refused to give up. His struggle to make his faith in Christ relevant to his life and work led him to attend a revival at his church. It was there he prayed: "Lord, if You'll forgive me and help me, I'll do anything You want me to do from this day on."

Feeling renewed, LeTourneau wondered how God would use him. He visited the preacher early the next morning, and the pastor told him: "You know, Brother LeTourneau, God needs businessmen as well as preachers and missionaries." That was all LeTourneau needed to hear.

More Than Conquerors

In the book More Than Conquerors, a collection of biographical sketches of Christian men and women in history, it is noted of LeTourneau: "In our high-tech age today, machines-really big machines that push and pull, lift and move, scrape and dig-are not too popular anymore. However, without the kinds of machines that R. G. LeTourneau dreamed of... the technological age we are now in might never have happened at all."

Yet as significant as his contribution to industry was, his commitment to "do whatever God wanted him to do" left a legacy of trusting faith, godly generosity, and compassion.

A Miracle Of God's Grace

For many years, he lived on ten percent of his income and gave away ninety percent to Christian work, especially missionary efforts in Africa and South America. Even when his business was in financial jeopardy, he continued giving his sacrificial pledges to Christ's work. "The question," he said, "is not how much of my money I give to God, but rather how much of God's money I keep for myself."

Throughout his life, LeTourneau emphasized God's ability to help the common man with everyday problems. He founded the university in Texas that bears his name and formed a foundation that funds many Christian ministries. Before his death in 1969 at age seventy-nine, LeTourneau said: "Everything considered, I've had my share of ups and downs, but thus far my life has been a miracle of God's grace all the way through."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
BaBiDaNsTaR.....You posted....

hey fl-do you mind if I print out all these stories? Maybe the day I am 60 I can be sitting at the computer posting these very stories !

FineLinen

My friend, print to your hearts content. I do not want you to be bored when you hit the ripe age of 60! :cry:  Was it you that mentioned eagles? Today, and tomorrow we will pursue that avenue for a pause that refreshes.

Even youths (in their prime) shall faint and be weary! :help:

"Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He does not faint or grow weary, His understanding is unsearchable.

He gives power to the faint, (new strength to the exhausted) and to him who has no might He increases strength.

Even youths (even in their prime) shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted;

but they who wait for (upon) the Lord shall renew (exchange) their strength,

they shall mount up with wings like eagles (they will grow wings like eagles),

they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint (they shall march on and never grow faint." Isa. 40

Eagles

Thunderheads rolled ominously over the western hills, as the lightning bolts streaked across the sky. In a lush green valley below, two birds together in a barnlot reacted in different ways. Appearing similiar in some ways, the birds actually as different as day and night. The chicken, with her head down, and her beak busy in the trash of the barnyard, stepped up her pace as she scratched among the debris and filth searching for grubworms, scraps, and bits of corn. Knowing that time was short, and that she would soon have to take refuge in the safety of the barn, she worked frantically to get a meal before the full fury of the storm struck.

Quite strange was the appearance and actions of the other bird. He sat on a fence post, his head lifted to the sky and his sharp piercing eyes searching among the clouds. He stretched his wings lazily, and gusts of wind almost lifted him from his perch.. It was a thrilling sight to see the magnificent wingspread, and it was easy to see that the feathers of his wings that had once been clipped back to prevent him from flying away, had once again grown to their full length. It was obvious this bird was not a chicken.

On a mountain peak far above the farm, the farmer had taken an egg from the nest of an Eagle. He had placed it under a sitting hen and hatched it out with a brood of little chickens. With much patience he had raised it and tried to tame it and make a domestic bird of it. But from the first it had not fit in with the routine of the chicken lot. It walked alone, for it found no fellowship with the other little chicks nor the hen. And tho from the day it hatched out it had known no environment but the domestic life about it, yet from deep within something of the wild, free nature of the eagle cried out that this was not "home". As it grew larger, its wings had been clipped. Unable to fly, it sat in the barnyard daily, looking upward...its body confined to the earth, but its heart in the sky. Not knowing why, unable to explain, yet knowing that there was a constant call from within to rise to greater heights in heavenly places above.

The young eagle stretched the wings the farmer had failed to keep clipped, and as he did so his eyes caught sight of another great eagle riding on the wings of the wind, high above the storm clouds. At that moment his ears caught the sound of a sharp piercing cry from the eagle in the sky. Suddenly a gust of wind caught under his outstretched wings and lifted him from the post. With a shrill scream of victory and freedom, he left the barnlot forever and soared into the sky to meet those of his own kind.

"But they that wait upon the Lord....shall mount up with wings as eagles."

Eagles

http://www.lovethissite.com/eagle/

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have been reading a book by the servant of the Lord, T. Austin Sparks, "Pioneers Of The Heavenly Way." Those who are called from heaven, apprehended by heaven, to serve the purpose of the Realm of God, and the God of the Realm, find that their centre of gravity has changed. This centre has moved from the pull of the earthly, and transferred to the Realm of the Heavenly. So there is a deep-seated sense we do not belong here, this is not our dwelling place, our abode, our centre of gravity as it were. We are strangers and sojourners in a Realm that is foreign to the vast company of those who make this present world the "scope of their horizon." Within the pioneer, there is this sense of conflict with what is here, and being at variance with it, and unable to accept it. It is an inborn consciousness as a result of our calling from on High...."..."they do not belong to the world, JUST AS I DO NOT."

The Eagle

Leaving The Comfort Of The Nest

The Eagle is a bird that is closely associated with pioneers of the heavenly way. Deut. 32:11 tells us how a young eagle gets its introduction to the practice of soaring in heavenly realms.."Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, and flutters over its young, spreading out its wings, catching them, bearing them on its pinions..." All of these things speak of a young eagle leaving the comfort and security of a warm nest. The time has approached for moving on to the purpose for which you have been born! This is not a business of trying out your wings but a rather violent "stirring up of the nest." The mother eagle tears at the soft bed, breaks the twigs until the jagged ends stick out. In short, the mother eagle makes life very miserable for the baby eagle in the place that was once so nice. The young eagle is about to become utterly sick of its nest in order to be launched out into a pioneer journey into the heavenlies.

The Beating Of The Wings

Still the young eagle does not leave the torn up nest. So the mother eagle begins to "flutter over her young". In short, she begins beating him with her wings. The wings under which he once hid from all danger now have become his greatest enemy (it appears). To escape those terrible wings, he climbs to the side of the nest, and as she spreads her wings, he hops on her back. Where the mother eagle goes now, he will go. The mother eagle soars high into the sky with the little eagle holding on for dear life. High above the clouds they soar and suddenly, without warning, she dives out from under the little eagle. He screams with fear as he tumbles through the air, but instinctively his wings stretch out and begin trying to catch the air. Down he plummets as his untried wings fail to function enough to hold him up. When it looks like all is lost and the baby eagle is about to crash on the rocks, the mother eagle swoops under him and bears him up on her wings. Glory to God what a relief! Back into the heights of heaven they soar, on her wings, but just as he thinks all is well, the process starts all over again. This time his wings operate more fully and with greater strength as he finally learns to catch the currents of air and soar by himself, needing no longer the mother to catch him from falling.

High Into The Heavens

Sometimes a little eagle is taken from the nest and refuses to fly. He will not try his wings. He just waits for mother to catch him and bear him into the heavens again on her wings. Time and again the process is repeated until the mother eagle is convinced there is no hope for him, that she cannot teach him to launch out on his own. Now if he was a chicken, one would watch over him, feed him, protect him. Not so with the eagle. Either he learns to soar for himself, or he starves to death or becomes a prey of wild beasts. Knowing this, the mother eagle takes him high into the heavens for one last ride. Then with a wild screech of pain and disappointment, she dives out from under him and flies away, leaving him to drop to his death on the rocks far below.

**************************************************************************************

Eagles in a Storm

Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks? The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it. The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm.
When the storms of life come upon us - and all of us will experience them - we can rise above them by setting our spirits and our being upon the Eternal. The storms will not overcome us as we experience God's power lifting us above them. God enables us to ride the winds of the storm that bring sickness, tragedy, failure and disappointment in our lives. We can soar above the storm. Remember, it is not the burdens of life that weigh us down, it is how we handle them by the grace of God.

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles."  Isaiah 40:31.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
lbiagm....with an L....If you forgive me again, ;)  I will ....

A. Send you 5 (FIVE) extra blessing points.

B. Post another story.

C. Both.

Going Beyond Our Own Need

My wife and I found our daughter (then 8 years old) lying on the hallway floor in a fetal position with abdominal pains. We took her to the doctor who ordered tests including blood work and x-rays.

The blood results came back normal, but the x-ray showed a pancreatic mass. An ultra sound was ordered and confirmed the presence of an abdominal (pancreatic mass). We were devastated at the prospect of a pancreatic tumor.

I wanted so much to pray to my God, and to ask Him to save my little girl...But something, or someone, seemed to stop me. It occurred to me that praying for JUST my daughter was selfish and not the righteous thing to do, not when so many children suffered in the world. How could I ask God just to help mine.

So I didn't. Instead, I said a prayer for every child who was ill, or injured, or suffering throughout the world. I never mentioned my own daughter once.

About two weeks later another ultra sound was done. This time there was no sign of a mass, nothing whatsoever. The doctors were mystified and the one apologised to us in the most profound of ways for putting us through the hell of the earlier weeks.

During the time that all this was happening it never occurred to me that my praying for all the children was a way to gain a "favourable" answer to my prayers. It was an innocent and unselfish act. I'm not sure why I responded the way that I did. I'd like to think that the God that I know, guided me in this time of anquish.

God Is Love

"He that loves not knows not God; for God is love. And we have believed the love God has for us. God is love; and he that dwells in love God dwells in God, and God in him." 1 John 4:8,16

When Edgerton Young, a successful missionary in Northwestern British America, taught some of the Indians to read by the simple syllabic characters, he wrote on a rock for them to read the words,

GOD IS LOVE

One old Indian chief looked and pronounced the characters, and as soon as he uttered them he caught their import. He arose to his great height and said, rubbing his eyes,

"Has there been sand in my eyes all these years? I have seen the Great Spirit in the lightning, I have heard Him in the thunder, but I never knew till now that GOD IS LOVE."

Here Is Love :bow: :bow:

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/h/e/herelove.htm

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
On A Lighter Note........ :rolleyes:

The following correspondence actually occurred between a London hotel's staff and one of its guests. The London hotel involved submitted this to the Sunday Times. No name was mentioned.

Dear Maid,

Please do not leave any more of those little bars of soap in my bathroom since I have bought my own bath-sized Dial. Please remove the six unopened little bars from the shelf under the medicine chest and another three in the shower soap dish. They are in my way. Thank you, S. Berman

Dear Room 635,

I am not your regular maid. She will be back tomorrow, Thursday, from her day off. I took the 3 hotel soaps out of the shower soap dish as your requested. The 6 bars on your shelf I took out of your way and put on top of your Kleenex dispenser in case you should change your mind. This leaves only the 3 bars I left today which my instructions from the management is to leave 3 soaps daily. I hope this is satisfactory. Kathy, Relief Maid.

Dear Maid,

I hope you are my regular maid. Apparently Kathy did not tell you about my note to her concerning the little bars of soap. When I got back to my room this evening I found you had added 3 little Camays to the shelf under my medicine cabinet. I am going to be here in the hotel for two weeks and have brought my own bath-sized Dial so I won't need those 6 little Camays which are on the shelf. They are in my way when shaving, brushing teeth, etc. Please remove them. S. Berman

Dear Mr. Berman,

My day off was last Wednesday so the relief maid left 3 hotel soaps which we are instructed by the management. I took the 6 soaps which were in your way on the shelf and put them in the soap dish where your Dial was. I put the Dial in the medicine cabinet for your convenience. I didn't remove the 3 complimentary soaps which are also placed inside the medicine cabinet for all new check-ins and which you did not object to when you checked in last Monday. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Your regular maid, Dotty

Dear Mr. Berman,

The assistant manager, Mr. Kensedder, informed me this A. M. that you called him last evening and said you were unhappy with your maid service. I have assigned a new girl to your room. I hope you will accept my apologies for any past inconvenience. If you have any further complaints please contact me so I can give it my personal attention. Call extension 1108 between 8 AM and 5 PM. Thank you. Elaine Carmen, Housekeeper

Dear Miss Carmen,

It is impossible to contact you by phone since I leave the hotel for business at 7:45 A.M. and don't get back before 5:30 or 6:00 P.M. That's the reason I called Mr. Kensedder last night. You were already off duty. I only asked Mr. Kensedder if he could do anything about those little bars of soap. The new maid you assigned me must have thought I was a new check-in today, since she left another 3 bars of hotel soap in my medicine cabinet along with her regular delivery of 3 bars on the bathroom shelf. In just 5 days here I have accumulated 24 little bars of soap. Why are you doing this to me? S. Berman

Dear Mr. Berman,

Your maid, kathy has been instructed to stop delivering soap to your room and remove the extra soaps. If I can be of further assistance, please call extension 1108 between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Thank you. Elaine Carmen, Housekeeper

Dear Mr. Kensedder,

My bath-sized Dial is missing. Every bar of soap was taken from my room including my own bath-sized Dial. I came in late last night and had to call the bellhop to bring me 4 little Cashmere Bouquets. S. Berman

Dear Mr. Berman,

I have informed our houskeeper, Elaine Carmen, of your soap problem. I cannot understand why there was no soap in your room since our maids are instructed to leave 3 bars of soap each time they service a room. The situation will be rectified immediately. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. Martin L. Kensedder, Assistant Manager

Dear Mrs. Carmen,

Who the #%^&* left 54 little bars of Camay in my room? I came in last night and found 54 little bars of soap. I don't want 54 little bars of Camay. I want my one #%^$* bar of bath-sized Dial. Do you realize I have 54 bars of soap in here. All I want is my bath-size Dial. Please give me back my bath-size Dial. S. Berman

Dear Mr. Berman,

You complained of too much soap in your room so I had them removed. Then you complained to Mr. Kensedder that all your soap was missing so I personally returned them. The 24 Camays which had been taken and the 3 Camays you are supposed to receive daily. I don't know anything about the 4 Cashmere Bouquets. Obviously your maid, Kathy, did not know I had returned your soaps so she also brought 24 Camays plus the 3 daily Camays. I don't know where you got the idea this hotel issues bath-size Dial. I was able to locate some bath-size Ivory which I left in your room. Elaine Carmen, Housekeeper

Dear Mrs. Carmen,

Just a short note to bring you up-to-date on my latest soap inventory. As of today I possess:

1. On shelf under medicine cabinet - 18 Camay in 4 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 2.

2. On Kleenex dispenser - 11 Camay in 2 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 3.

3. On bedroom dresser - 1 stack of 3 Cashmere Bouquet, 1 stack of 4 hotel-size Ivory, and 8 Camay in 2 stacks of 4.

4. Inside medicine cabinet - 14 Camay in 3 stacks of 4 and 1 stack of 2.

5. In shower soap dish - 6 Camay, very moist.

6. On northeast corner of tub - 1 Cashmere Bouquet, slightly used.

7. On northwest corner of tub - 6 Camays in 2 stacks of 3.

Please ask Kathy when she services my room to make sure the stacks are neatly piled and dusted. Also, please advise her that stacks of more than 4 have a tendency to tip. May I suggest that my bedroom window sill is not in use and will make an excellent spot for future soap deliveries. One more item, I have purchased another bar of bath-sized Dial which I am keeping in the hotel vault in order to avoid further misunderstanding. S. Berman

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
BaBiDaNsTaR & Aaron, greetings again in our beloved Lord. He declares in the beloved disciple John that "no human eyes have ever seen God, and continues with...."If we love one another God then remains within us, and love for Him is complete in us" or "grows in us to perfection." Today, let's consider....

Meeting God

There once was a little boy who wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with Twinkies and a six-pack of root beer and he started his journey.

When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old woman. She was sitting in the park just staring at some pigeons. The boy sat down next to her and opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink from his root beer when he noticed that the old lady looked hungry, so he offered her a Twinkie. She gratefully accepted it and smiled at him. Her smile was so pretty that the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered her a root beer. Once again she smiled at him. The boy was delighted ! They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, but they never said a word.

As it grew dark, the boy realized how tired he was and he got up to leave, but before he had gone more than a few steps, he turned around, ran back to the old woman and gave her a hug. She gave him her biggest smile ever. When the boy opened the door to his own house a short time later, his mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face. She asked him, "What did you do today that made you so happy?" He replied, "I had lunch with God." But before his mother could respond, he added, "You know what? She's got the most beautiful smile I've ever seen!"

Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant with joy, returned to her home. Her son was stunned by the look of peace on her face and he asked, "Mother, what did you do today that made you so happy?" She replied, "I ate Twinkies in the park with God." But before her son responded, she added, "You know, he's much younger than I expected."

"God is love and he who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him....because what He is that we also are in this world..." 1 John 4:

Upvote 0