• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The Purpose of the Holy Spirit by Pastor Ken Rank [moved]

Discussion in 'Paterology, Christology & Pneumatology' started by DennisTate, Nov 13, 2017.

1. No.... we will be in heaven by then.....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes... even the nature of animals will be changed....

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. No....

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Yes....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I am not sure but I will research this further....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    One of the major purposes of the Holy Spirit is to bring humans, and animals, closer and closer and closer to G-d until the earth becomes a true utopia much as was shown to former Atheist and near death experiencer Howard Storm Ph. d.

Pastor Ken Rank:
    The Purpose of the Holy Spirit
    March 7, 2015 at 10:28pm

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. ~Cassia~

~Cassia~ Devoted to Truth Supporter

+10,749
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I don't believe we are in the times of the nation of Israel finishing the building of their earthly house at this time. <SE>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2017
  3. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Possibly.... but I ran into the writings of a pastor who I believe is Pentecostal.....
    and he sure seems to be advocating the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple.....

I quote him in post #1 here:

Do you believe a massive Holy Spirit tsunami is coming?

4. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Here are some of the statements by former Atheist Howard Storm that a significant percentage of the Pentecostals that I know would tend to agree with:

Reverend Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience

5. ~Cassia~

~Cassia~ Devoted to Truth Supporter

+10,749
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    The Pentecost of the Holy Spirit was indeed for the building of the church. The old covenant according to Romans 11 is not done away with yet but this is still the church age. What do you hope to accomplish by teaching that the Holy Spirit is using the church age to finish building the OC? That the 2 houses will come together as one is no doubt a fact but not yet, not until eternity.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. PeaceJoyLove

PeaceJoyLove Well-Known Member

+1,139
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    "So what is another function of the Holy Spirit? 2000 years ago, God sent His Spirit into the hearts of those He called out of the nations to begin a work that would take some time, the work of rebuilding the House of Israel. Just like Betsal’el in Exodus 35who was filled with the Spirit of God to build the Tabernacle of God, so too has God filled the followers of Yeshua with His Spirit to build a House, the House of Israel, in whom God dwells. When the work is complete, when the time of Israel in the nations is complete (see Rom. 11:25 and Luke 21:24), then the focus will shift from building one house, to the reunification of both Houses. And that is a process, brethren; I very much believe we see beginning to happen today.
    (Pastor Ken Rank)"

Scripture clearly tells us "the kingdom is within" and we are the "temple not made with human hands"...As Paul says, "the mystery hidden...being revealed...Christ in you, the hope of glory."
    Why still look to the world, perceiving with the five senses?

What happened to Israel in scripture is the narrative of our soul's (inward) journey/process taking place within...remember, Jesus said "Jesus answered, "My kingdom is not of this world; if it were, My servants would fight to prevent My arrest by the Jews. But now, My kingdom is not of this realm."

And it will never be found over here or over there, but within....

7. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Here is a reply from Pastor Ken Rank:

I could be wrong but I believe that animals are included in the phrase...."all flesh" much as "much cattle" was mentioned in the last chapter of Jonah.

8. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Wow!!!!!

I personally am not intelligent enough or gifted enough to
    rule out the ideas expressed in the Gospel of Thomas that
    apparently was found at Qumran, (The Dead Sea Scrolls).

Your post is in a similar mind set..... and it sure does make a lot of sense to me!

9. PeaceJoyLove

+1,139
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I have never read the Gospel of Thomas. Of myself, neither am I intelligent or gifted enough...but His spirit alive within IS. I believed the promises of God to be true and sought them.

• List
  10. PeaceJoyLove

+1,139
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The truth of we being the temple not built with human hands is as much individual as it is collective...living stones...

So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

11. 1stcenturylady

1stcenturylady Spirit-filled follower of Christ Supporter

+4,143
    United States
    Charismatic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    When the lion lays down with a lamb, I would certainly say they have gone back to a time when they weren't predator and prey.

12. Lulav

Lulav Everyone will give an account Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+6,155
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    • List
  13. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Seriously cool....... I am not even entirely certain of the meanings for the words:
    Paterology

What is Paterology? What is Theology Proper?
    Theology proper - Wikipedia

Christology - Wikipedia

Pneumatology (Christianity) - Wikipedia

I am impressed!

14. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    That is a very good question.........
    I am hoping that within months, or surely years..... and if not then certainly within decades.......
    thare may be a Messianic Noahide Movement within Israel.....
    and within Judaism itself.......
    I personally suspect that this movement will be somewhat driven by Messianic Gentiles, Messianic Jews and Christians who tend to believe in the literal fulfillment of Ezekiel chapters 40 - 48.....
    (especially 47 with metaphorical living waters flowing from metaphorical Jerusalem, the Bride of Messiah)... but also literal living waters flowing from literal Jerusalem / the City of Yerusalem.... .that could soon be the place where the USA embassy may be located if President Donald Trump agrees with an offer made to him by the Jerusalem Sanhedrin?!

Should Christians support Rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple.

Should Christians support Jerusalem Third Temple?
    Edit
    1. *
      Yes... the words of Ezekiel must come to pass.
      6 vote(s)
      16.7%

2. No.... it will lead to the rise of the Anti-Christ fellow.
      3 vote(s)
      8.3%

3. Yes.... living waters will flow from the restored Third Temple.
      0 vote(s)
      0.0%

4. No... Christians must not support animal sacrifice.
      18 vote(s)
      50.0%

5. I am not certain but I will research this question further.
      4 vote(s)
      11.1%

6. No... this could cause a war to break out.
      5 vote(s)
      13.9%

15. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Wow!!!!!!!!

You inspire me to seek harder!

16. Hethatreadethit

Hethatreadethit ClintR Supporter

+118
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
    Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    Rev 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The tribulation period is brought on by the execution of judgment, the light, for when it shines it can not be ignored and evil men will try to extinguish it:

2Th 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
    2Th 1:5 Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

These things must happen, then the end:

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
    Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
    Mat 24:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
    Mat 24:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
    Mat 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
    Mat 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
    Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
    Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Has the abomination already occurred spiritually? How would one know unless the light of understanding is beginning to shine again which will usher in the day of the Lord, but also may bring much initial violence. Like the beginning of a new day, Light will rule out the powers of darkness.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  17. PeaceJoyLove

+1,139
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    And the Day of the Lord is as a thousand years and goes from darkness/Night to Light/Day, created on the first day... before the sun, moon or stars on the 4th day of creation week...Adam 9(created on the 6th day) lived 930 years, falling short by 70 years. The promise of entering his rest, 7th day...

Perception...kingdom is within...mystery being revealed "Christ IN YOU..."

18. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,994
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Your top sentence is correct but the bottom is not. There are many biblical prophecies about a Kingdom being set up on Earth. Messiah will reign from Jerusalem, we will reign with him, and the nations will come and worship him, according to Zechariah, and when they don't they will be punished in the form of no rain for their crops. I realize that doesn't fit into Christian dispensational theology where we die or he comes and we just go off and live in heaven. If the Jehovah Witnesses are right about anything, it is about the meek inheriting the Earth, not heaven.

You can have a salvation moment and still have a lifeline salvation experience. That would be the same word denoting a moment in time and a progression over many years. Likewise, the fact that the Kingdom is now and within doesn't mean a secondary meaning reveals a Kingdom set up on Earth. It will be, as prophesied.

Even after all they learned from him while they walked with him, here is the question they throw at him just before he departs:

Acts 1:6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, "Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" (7) And He said to them, "It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.

They were still waiting on what was promised... but what was promised was not for then, it is for the Millennial Kingdom.

Of course this all leaves the point of the article... I was merely suggesting that in addition to the obvious things the Spirit was given for (teaching, comfort, guidance, etc.) that it is also for the building of a house... just as God gave the Spirit for in Exodus 35.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  19. PeaceJoyLove

+1,139
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The (spiritual) truth being that Adam was placed into a deep slumber and given a change of perception (eyesight). The cherubim now guard that beautiful garden with fiery swords that Christ said we must become blind to 'see'.

God has always ruled Heaven and earth, one kingdom. The division comes from the (spiritual) battle within (Paul speaks to in Romans)...Spirit is spirit and mind of man is mind of man....perception is everything and the Truth is narrowed down to ONE...kingdom, tree in the midst, no more seed within a seed, for one dies and one lives...which can be seen throughout scripture, two sons and the inheritance goes to the second (twice born)...alpha and omega

Our perception of this changes throughout the process taking place within/journey of our soul...for the flesh profiteth nothing...single of eye is the flip side of double minded....the mind creates images of God, the spirit reveals HIM in all His glory...and His glory fills the whole earth (Isaiah 6)

1 Peter 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

EDIT: (Yes, the meek do inherit the earth...as HIS Kingdom is not divided (by a sword/word...perceiving from as in "Where art thou?" asked in the garden.)

20. PeaceJoyLove

+1,139
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Why does one try to measure God who is infinite and immeasurable? His kingdom has no beginning or end. Man perceives in linear time. Today is always today...