The Purpose of the 10 Commandments (The Law of Moses)

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I am happy to entertain real scholarship and real science. The comparatively few tools and fossils evident prior to 4000BC are widely scattered, and far too few to conclusively declare that hunter/gatherer was the only societal form - Largely a presupposition that fits the preferred evolutionary model.

Farmland would necessarily be near to water. Rivers and streams meander over many centuries, and could wipe away evidence of 'towns' and farming. We see this in contemporary history, where evidence of known habitation is scoured away completely. You have no evidence to stand on.

Which is why I pointed directly to anthropology rather than archaeology.
There is no, and I mean NO, evidence of farming prior to the neolithic revolution. Humans living, say, 150,000 years so, simply didn't have know how to irrigate, or the idea of sowing grass seeds for themselves. They died of hunger more often, as the food supply was less stable, but they were far more healthy, as their diet was richer in protein and vitamins -- facts that are evident from their remains.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Line of thought?
It's one interpretation that i.e. the Abrahamic Covenant and the Mosaic Covenant are separate. Another interpretation, and the one I adhere to, is that the Mosaic Covenant is simply an addendum to the Abrahamic Covenant, version 1.2.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not really. Prior to the last 250 years, Humans have pretty much been the same... a blend of hunter/gatherer with agrarian since the beginning of proven history. Cities go back equally as far.

The character of YHWH has always existed. What he says is good for his creation and for his people cannot have changed. His preferences in worship cannot have changed. What HE sees as lawful and right cannot have changed. Because YHWH does not change.

Tell me what the commandment against mixing wool and linen is for. What does it mean?

Then how did Abraham walk in YHWH's commandments and obey all his statutes?

There is only Torah. And according to the prophets, the whole world will walk in Torah before it is done.
So what is the truth? Is Jeremiah correct? Did Jesus tell the truth or are the Gospels misrepresenting Jesus?

bugkiller

Upvote 0