✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People are pretty good thinkers when they think together.

I go into the Dem safe house and most of what is there has a compelling truth to it, and the same in the Rep safe house.

The garbage 'information' pumped out by the media tends to disintegrate, that's why it has to keep pouring it out 24/7.

The media perspective is there to persuade the population so to do stupid things that will allow the ownership class to make money, in a multitude of inconsistent but opportunist ways.

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What will we need to do in the near future?

One obvious problem is automation will replace nearly all workers so we will need a UBI and super intelligent progressives to organize our brave new world.

We also have an aging population and there are not enough in the existing younger generations to look after the old, so we will need lots of immigration.

So if you believe the media we have too much labor and too little.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was in the US during the first half of the Vietnam war and one point made was whatever your opinion about the conflict, at least it is good for the economy.

Cut here from media to fact. By 1970 President Nixon was combating inflation and the US dollar was taken off the gold standard and fell rapidly in value compared with gold.

The war wasn't good for our economy, but the interest on the war debt was a huge boon for the banks.

The banks just have to keep publicizing the lie that war is good for the economy.

In the last election although I was a Democrat and so are all my close relatives, I was unable to find a single reason to justify having Hillary as president. But I was almost persuaded by just one factor: the unwavering and total support of the media.

Even though we have a pretty good President now the media is continuing to get the public to oppose him to prevent the majority needed to clear up the long-standing corruption going on in Congress. The health system for example will remain a scam.

Whoever we get in the White House the media will continue to mislead the public.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I disagree. The problem is us.

To an extent I'm sure that is true. In 1982 when the US economy was moved over to neoliberalism it looked to me like it was just greed, to buy everything as cheap as possible, hand our money to other countries and just kick the international debts down the road.

But the media had a big role. For one thing the media has never told the public what the reason was for the Vietnam war. I've asked a lot of people over the years and the most consistent reply has been 'there was none'. That is wrong but not one has ever known the actual reason.

And the basis for the decision in 1982 was I suspect all that disrespecting of the Vietnam war veterans at the end of the war. The media was telling the public that they were drugged up losers so they had no qualms about giving their jobs to people in other countries.

In fact the Vietnam war was for American soldiers between 5 and 7 times as fierce as WW2, on average, a sort of thing difficult to estimate, but certainly wasn't a bunch of drugged up losers.

But the lying in the media helped persuade the public to give their jobs away at that time.

Donald is trying to fix that and needs all the help he can get.

No, Hillary was on the right, Donald is in the middle, Bernie is on the left, get used to it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though we have a pretty good President now
That's a surprising viewpoint. What makes you think Trump is doing well as a president compared to say the last 6 presidents? It seems to me he's done 1 thing better, on trade policies (which plays to his strength of experience in knowing the other party (like China) is trying to get the maximum advantage (including by theft often), and you have to assume that and be realistic, and demand a fair deal from them.) But 1 good area and 10 bad ones doesn't make a 'pretty good President' to me, even though that 1 area is an important one.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the media had a big role. For one thing the media has never told the public what the reason was for the Vietnam war. I've asked a lot of people over the years and the most consistent reply has been 'there was none'. That is wrong but not one has ever known the actual reason.

And the basis for the decision in 1982 was I suspect all that disrespecting of the Vietnam war veterans at the end of the war. The media was telling the public that they were drugged up losers so they had no qualms about giving their jobs to people in other countries.

...I lost you there. People naturally want to buy more for their money and seldom think of the consequences of buying that "made in Sri Lanka" shirt. Would Americans pay 20-30 percent more to have the shirt made in America? Probably not.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The phrase “Fake news” is not working so new phrase to try out “Problem is the Media” and see if it sticks.

I would rather have media with problem than state run media! Media is fine, media needs to attack and criticize the government 24/7 , that is media’s job. Welcome to Democracy! You don’t like what existing media saying, you can start your own media!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
If man has divorced himself from reason and rational thought that isn’t the media’s fault. You’ve chosen to surrender both.

There are many behaviors which transgress your beliefs or moral code. Do you follow suit? Of course not!

The media can only accomplish what people permit. If you refuse to utilize the mind you’ve been given another will do so on your behalf.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was in the US during the first half of the Vietnam war and one point made was whatever your opinion about the conflict, at least it is good for the economy.

Cut here from media to fact. By 1970 President Nixon was combating inflation and the US dollar was taken off the gold standard and fell rapidly in value compared with gold.

The war wasn't good for our economy, but the interest on the war debt was a huge boon for the banks.

The banks just have to keep publicizing the lie that war is good for the economy.

In the last election although I was a Democrat and so are all my close relatives, I was unable to find a single reason to justify having Hillary as president. But I was almost persuaded by just one factor: the unwavering and total support of the media.

Even though we have a pretty good President now the media is continuing to get the public to oppose him to prevent the majority needed to clear up the long-standing corruption going on in Congress. The health system for example will remain a scam.

Whoever we get in the White House the media will continue to mislead the public.
I thought the media was horrible to Hillary. Thanks to Trump and her emails. And I see nothing good about Trump. Except, I believe he used Conservative Christian to get rid of having to pay more taxes. He rejected a 25 billions in border wall money. Got rid of environmental protection. Black lung disease is coming back. And Trump earned what he deserves, when it come to the media.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...I lost you there. People naturally want to buy more for their money and seldom think of the consequences of buying that "made in Sri Lanka" shirt. Would Americans pay 20-30 percent more to have the shirt made in America? Probably not.
And Conservatives tend to huge, when it comes to buying cheap stuff.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's a surprising viewpoint. What makes you think Trump is doing well as a president compared to say the last 6 presidents? ...

Memory. G W Bush told a substantial part of the nations of the World they had to change.
W Clinton signed NAFTA into effect. Ronald Reagan was a total disaster for the economy, and particularly the low paid.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The US economy was fluctuating until R Reagan got involved, then it headed sharply down.

I was in the US at the time and the company I was in went bankrupt because of his unforeseen revaluation of the US dollar made exports expensive having an immediate effect on our computer exports. Combining free trade with an overvalued dollar was a recipe for losing both companies and money, euphemistically called 'an import led boom'.

In 1986 Reagan said, "Our trade policy rests firmly on the foundation of free and open markets. I recognize. . . the inescapable conclusion that all of history has taught: the freer the flow of world trade, the stronger the tides of human progress and peace among nations."

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm not going to say the Current Account Balance is the whole story but it is very telling and a year after Reagan became President it made a sharp dive into the negative and running up debts is not a situation easy to recover from.
US CAB deficit to 2018 wi Presidents.png

The media was doing a lot of fawning over Reagan, the sudden change in the media which continually criticized Jimmy Carter was so noticable the term Teflon Reagan came into use to describe how the media let off all of his screw ups.

It all depends on what the owners of the media want, and that is not the same as what is good for the country.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums