Former Believer
Aug 29, 2002
Noosa, Australia
✟576.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In many or maybe all naturalistic theories of the universe, there are many universes - almost an infinite number....
In one theory, there might be a single universe that has big bangs and collapses having a new configuration each time, for an eternity.
In another theory, there could be a "metaverse" or "multiverse" which is a kind of mother universe where random baby universes like our own eternally are born and die.
Another theory is where there are many parallel universes, and each time when quantum chance is involved, the universe splits and each parallel universe has its own unique history.
There is a theory called Platonia where these alternate histories exist eternally as a static entity where no time exists.
I probably didn't mention many of the main theories properly but my point is that in most or all naturalistic theories of our universe, our universe isn't the only universe that exists and/or is the only universe that has ever or will ever exist.

Perhaps it is highly unlikely that life can form by chance and even more unlikely that creatures who can use symbols (language) to analyse their world would evolve.... but if there is a near infinite number of universes (perhaps parallel universes) then it is inevitable that the near impossible will happen - a lot.

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I know the theories that you are talking about, The only problem is that not alot people believe in other universes, but alot believe in other dimensions, i belive in other dimensions my self, there is evidence of other dimensions but i havn't seen enough evidence for other universes. But some people think that black holes can lead to another universe. Like you enter the Black Hole, and if you live you will exit it at the end of a White Hole, but White Holes are just a theory right now.

Upvote 0

excreationist

Former Believer
Aug 29, 2002
Noosa, Australia
✟576.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
seesaw:
I know the theories that you are talking about, The only problem is that not alot people believe in other universes
What about other universes that existed before or after this one? Do they seriously think this is and will be the only universe that will ever exist?

but alot believe in other dimensions, i belive in other dimensions my self, there is evidence of other dimensions
Do you mean alternate universes? Or extra space and time dimensions, etc within this universe?

but i havn't seen enough evidence for other universes.
I think the two slit experiment has been said to be evidence for multiple parallel universes interacting with one another... same with quantum computers...

But some people think that black holes can lead to another universe. Like you enter the Black Hole, and if you live you will exit it at the end of a White Hole, but White Holes are just a theory right now.
I thought black holes might still be theoretical too... (I haven't read much about astrophysics for a long time...)

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
What about other universes that existed before or after this one? Do they seriously think this is and will be the only universe that will ever exist?

I don't believe in that there isn't any evidence of a Universe that existed before or after, I believe that our universe is the only one.

Do you mean alternate universes? Or extra space and time dimensions, etc within this universe?

No not alternate Universes. Just Dimensions like there might be a dimnsion if you went to the dimension you might die cause of no air or water or something but not alternate Universes.

think the two slit experiment has been said to be evidence for multiple parallel universes interacting with one another... same with quantum computers...

Well the quantum computers clone them selfs in other Dimensions to get there power. But i havn't heard anything about Universes.

I thought black holes might still be theoretical too... (I haven't read much about astrophysics for a long time...)

heh, Well Black Holes are real and are proven, there is a SUPER MASSIVE Black Hole in the center of our own Galaxy. So far we know that it looks like every Big Galaxy has a SUPER MASSIVE Black Hole in the center.

But there is smaller black holes, there is some that have stars orbiting around them sucking all the energy from the star making the black hole bigger. And there is Dead Black Holes that I just don't understand really well. The SUPERMASSVIE Black Holes really scare me. :(

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I will just say this,

The difference between black and "white" holes are their gravity.
What would cause the black hole to loose of its mass and turn into a "white hole" ?

It the escape velocity[sqrt(2Gm/r)] of an object of mass is higher than the speed of light, light can not escape from it, and thats why its called a black hole.

From the equation you can tell that, if the density(radius) of a black hole remains constant, you will have to get rid of some of the mass for it to become visible"white hole".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
yep...I was surprised at mathmatical theorums for calculations in other dimensions. (It was in a college linear algebra course,,,I believe)....

I could also show you a three dimensional computer generated model...yet your mind can't comprehend it. VERY fascinating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Souljah...I'm still waiting on that math theorum from the other thread that proved the Existence of God. Hell....I really don't think, worry, or concern myself with though. I could give you an equation for 'hell on earth' based upon previous life experiences though.....

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Smilin
yep...I was surprised at mathmatical theorums for calculations in other dimensions. (It was in a college linear algebra course,,,I believe)....

I could also show you a three dimensional computer generated model...yet your mind can't comprehend it. VERY fascinating.

i know what you are talking about hmm.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by seesaw
i was trying to find some info for the multiuniverse.

i found a link on the nasa.gov site.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/980301d.html

Good link...

"On the other hand, there is no way to observe any universe other than our own. This is not a practical issue (like there not being good enough telescopes), but rather a fundamental theoretical issue. By definition, our universe is self-contained. No other universe can affect anything in our universe, so we cannot gather evidence about its existence."

Upvote 0