renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Context will confirm whether this is true or not.
Here's what she said:
“I was praying Eph 6:12 that we wrestle not against flesh and blood. Anything that has been conceived by demonic plans, for it to be cancelled and not prevail in your life… Let’s be clear what is really going on… this is a disingenuous attempt to use words out of context for political gain. I will just keep praying!”

Obviously, she means in the Spirit realm, nothing here about killing babies.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, hopefully it’s been shown that the premise for the OP has fallen short. And maybe these types of threads will cease to be started in the future. A little time investing, instead of a rush to judgement, goes a long way.

It has been in no way shown as such. She said what she said. It's hypocrisy, whether she meant it metaphorically, spiritually or literally.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Here's what she said:
“I was praying Eph 6:12 that we wrestle not against flesh and blood. Anything that has been conceived by demonic plans, for it to be cancelled and not prevail in your life… Let’s be clear what is really going on… this is a disingenuous attempt to use words out of context for political gain. I will just keep praying!”

Obviously, she means in the Spirit realm, nothing here about killing babies.

No, that's what she said after in an attempt at damage control. What she actually said is on video.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It has been in no way shown as such. She said what she said. It's hypocrisy, whether she meant it metaphorically, spiritually or literally.
If she was taking a spiritual position, which in context she was, then your argument falls flat.

What her point was (as poorly illustrated as it was), was that Satan is birthing schemes, and she prayed that those would be killed before coming to fruition.

So it had absolutely nothing to do with the pro-life/pro-choice argument.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No, that's what she said after in an attempt at damage control. What she actually said is on video.
:doh:

You’ve lost on this one. It’s time to admit it. We all make mistakes. Move on.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
:doh:

You’ve lost on this one. It’s time to admit it. We all make mistakes. Move on.

I would smiley your post, but I won't. You probably know why. Cheers!

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Since you seem to be in the know, what was the topic of her message?

Delusional nuttery punctuated with a prayer for God to kill unborn babies.

I didn't write the story or record the video. Take it up with them. I can't really express my true feelings on all of this on these boards anyway. Not even with smilies. So...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Delusional nuttery punctuated with a prayer for God to kill unborn babies.

I didn't write the story or record the video. Take it up with them. I can't really express my true feelings on all of this on these boards anyway. Not even with smilies. So...
I’m asking, since you seem to know, what the point of her message was? Why did she get up there and speak? What was the topic? It would be good to know so that we can verify your claim.

Upvote 0

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I’m asking, since you seem to know, what the point of her message was? Why did she get up there and speak? What was the topic? It would be good to know so that we can verify your claim.
It's like you're goading him to break forum rules when he deliberately told you why he won't explain it. Yikes.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Pretty sure she's one of those prosperity preachers, so this is par for the course.

Anyone that has seen her sermons knows she's so far beyond reality that it boggles the mind she even has a following.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It's like you're goading him to break forum rules when he deliberately told you why he won't explain it. Yikes.
No. He’s made his position known. He should be able to back it up.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Demon babies are precious too!
51A1mRURadL.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Skewpoint

Jul 11, 2019
USA
✟72,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
No. He’s made his position known. He should be able to back it up.
But if he does, it may go against forum rules.

Picture this. I make a claim that homosexuality is harmless and should be promoted as no less virtuous living as anyone else. You then ask me to back that up. Doing so would directly go against forum rules. You, being a mod, know these rules. Thus, you asking me to back that claim up can very easily be interpreted as goading me to break forum rules.

Apply same standard above.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If she was taking a spiritual position, which in context she was, then your argument falls flat.

What her point was (as poorly illustrated as it was), was that Satan is birthing schemes, and she prayed that those would be killed before coming to fruition.

So it had absolutely nothing to do with the pro-life/pro-choice argument.

I generally try to be pretty charitable regarding judging intent vs poor wording, but I'm not convinced that her explanation is really honest. All that business about the animal kingdom and the marine kingdom was kooky as heck and makes me wonder if, at least in the moment, she meant the miscarriage stuff literally. I have no doubt that some of her flock would've taken it literally.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I generally try to be pretty charitable regarding judging intent vs poor wording, but I'm not convinced that her explanation is really honest. All that business about the animal kingdom and the marine kingdom was kooky as heck and makes me wonder if, at least in the moment, she meant the miscarriage stuff literally. I have no doubt that some of her flock would've taken it literally.
I’m certainly not going to defend her kookiness. But like I said, there’s no real context. I asked, if the message was at it appears to some to be, then what was the intent of her message? That will establish context.

Upvote 0