United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump Spiritual Advisor Calls for Miscarriage of 'Satanic Pregnancies'

"President Donald Trump’s personal pastor, the televangelist Paula White, is facing criticism after praying for the miscarriage of “all Satanic pregnancies” during a sermon earlier this month.

During a Jan. 5 sermon, White asked Jesus Christ to cause the pregnancies to miscarry so they will “not be able to carry forth any plan of destruction, any plan of harm,” according to a video released by the liberal activist group Right Wing Watch."

The party of "Pro-life". The religion of "Pro-Life". Abortion bad! (unless God does it for you).

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump Spiritual Advisor Calls for Miscarriage of 'Satanic Pregnancies'

"President Donald Trump’s personal pastor, the televangelist Paula White, is facing criticism after praying for the miscarriage of “all Satanic pregnancies” during a sermon earlier this month.

During a Jan. 5 sermon, White asked Jesus Christ to cause the pregnancies to miscarry so they will “not be able to carry forth any plan of destruction, any plan of harm,” according to a video released by the liberal activist group Right Wing Watch."

The party of "Pro-life". The religion of "Pro-Life". Abortion bad! (unless God does it for you).

Truly disturbing stuff, and indeed, it's not respectful of life to wish such things.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Too bad her whole message isn’t given so that the comment can be seen in context.

Praying for the destruction of life doesn't seem compatible with being "pro-life" however you slice it.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟239,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Too bad her whole message isn’t given so that the comment can be seen in context.

I can't think of a context in which it is not hypcritical for a "Pro-Life" Christian to ask God to kill unborn babies. Seems pretty straight forward.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Why would you do such a thing?!

(see my point?)

I don't know, ask Paula White, because she did:

"We cancel every surprise, from the witchcraft… any spirit of control, any Jezebel… We come against the marine kingdom, we come against the animal kingdom… we break the power in the name of Jesus… We command any satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now."

Paula White: Christians Must Pray That “Satanic Pregnancies” End in Miscarriage

Besides the fact this demonstrates gross superstition, it's an inherently violent sort of thing to wish and betrays the idea of benevolence and non-harm that I consider fundamental to sound ethics.

In Buddhism, people actually believe in wishing good for every sentient being, even those that are profoundly misguided, as much as possible. Wishing for harm for others is generally seen as an evil.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Even in context, it’s prosperity gospel nuttery. That someone like this has the ear of the president of the United States is distressing.
I’m not defending her. I have zero use for Paula White. Even if I thought women could be pastors, she would be disqualified. So yes, I wish she didn’t have anyone’s ear, let alone the president’s.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't know, ask Paula White, because she did:

Paula White: Christians Must Pray That “Satanic Pregnancies” End in Miscarriage

Besides the fact this demonstrates gross superstition, it's an inherently violent sort of thing to wish and betrays teh idea of benevolence and non-harm that I consider fundamental to sound ethics.

In Buddhism, people actually believe in wishing good for every sentient being, even those that are profoundly misguided, as much as possible. Wishing for harm for others is generally seen as an evil.
That still doesn’t give the context.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟239,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Context matters.
There’s really no ‘context’ to it. I agree she probably didn’t mean it to call for actual abortions, but only because she didn’t really mean anything. She was talking about fighting the marine and animal kingdoms and hexes and spells. She’s not really giving much thought to what she’s saying, just spewing stuff to keep her crowd in a frenzy. She might as well be speaking in tongues for all the sense she’s making.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,090.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Context would confirm whether or not this is true.

It's an imprecatory prayer and a curse, there is no other way to interpret it.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There’s really no ‘context’ to it. I agree she probably didn’t mean it to call for actual abortions, but only because she didn’t really mean anything. She was talking about fighting the marine and animal kingdoms and hexes and spells. She’s not really giving much thought to what she’s saying, just spewing stuff to keep her crowd in a frenzy. She might as well be speaking in tongues for all the sense she’s making.
I hate being in the position of trying to defend her. Honestly. And maybe she meant what it looks like prima facia. But I don’t want to rush to judgement.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,718,556.00
Country
United States