united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Been several weeks of reaching out and talking with a homeless woman and trying my best to help her to stay safe out there on the streets.

Been conversing with her about her story as well as mine and relating it to beliefs about life and why things happen as they do.

She told me she doesn't believe in G-d, but has been listening to me, a friend who is concerned about her life, both literally and spiritually.

I have never witnessed to anyone before and this is a new, startling experience for me.

She could die out there. I'm trying to get her to go to a shelter and she wont. Shes been assaulted, robbed, and thrown in jail.

Its been a few weeks of talking and sharing and getting to know each other.

Shes responding to the care and the mercy all of which I explained is g-d working through me.

I can see the difference this is making to someone so weary. Her heart is melting, shes tearful and opening up to me, about so very much pain and abuse.

Tonight, she surprised me, and told me proudly that she knows the 23rd psalm by heart.

I think she memorized it and wanted to present it to me.

She started to say it, and I joined in with her and the 2 of us said it together out loud, outside where we were by the water, at a vast park, looking out over the great lake.

And I said, "He restoreth my soul," and a wind blew off the Lake as I spoke, and she looked at me and said, "I know, " with tears in her eyes....looking into mine

Shes responding, she and I are both feeling the love of g-d and his presence, working in us both.

I am blown away by the sense of His presence with us and the sheer power of His words when I'm speaking them to her.

He is speaking through me, a baby Christian, and I can see the power actually at work in both our lives.

She means so much to me. I cant let her die on the streets. A human soul out there, "by the side of the road."

matthew-11-28-608x265.jpg

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
she says, no one loves me or cares about me....where is g-d? does he love me?

Yes, He does, I said looking into her eyes!

She is sweet, gentle and kind....your heart would break too and you would cry too.

This is agonizing, but there is progress.

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a joy to hear of this homeless woman being drawn to God through you! This encourages me to be more observant situations where He may want to use me to minister to people around me. Thank you so much for sharing!

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

Seraphin29

Aug 31, 2017
Chelmsford
✟16,419.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a fantastic story! Thanks for sharing, it has spoken to me as I know I need to get out and start witnessing (I have just agreed to go on a prayer walk in a couple of weeks time). I will be praying for you and this lady! God bless you both.

• Winner
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Great News!

She finally came in. she agreed, after months of street ministry, to finally come in from the cold and into a shelter. Glory be to God who has worked through me, a humble servant to touch the very real human lives of souls out there living on the streets.

The final night God called me to go and check on her, and spent about 4 hours talking about life and God and struggles. Finally, with the strength of the Holy Spirit working through me, I stepped up my evalnagelizing and really, powerfully spoke of Gods love for her and about the meaning sin and repentance and forgivness.

That was a first for me!

I asked God to help me and kept silently praying while we talked. I also prayed for her outloud, and she was listening more this time.

She asked for food and a pillow and blankets, so I went home to get her some gear.

I came back and she said she would agree to go into the shelter, and she did.

I offered her a soft cover NT with psalms and proverbs and she eagerly wanted it! (she rejected this weeks ago).

We said the 23rd psalm together as we sat there outside in the cold before she went inside, thinking that maybe god really does love her.

I've found my calling!

I love street people and can relate to them and have a real love for them.

Thank you Jesus of Nazareth, for showing us the way, the truth and the life!

• Winner
Reactions: Seraphin29
Upvote 0

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is absolutely wonderful! All glories to our Saviour, King of kings, Light of the World, Lord Jesus Christ, hallelujah!

Well done to you for your dedication, perseverance and faith. It's a beautiful thing you have done. May many more come to know their Holy Shepherd through your ministry, amen!

• Winner
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I opened up my hand over the Great Lake as I praised him over and over singing, here's my heart lord....giving Him my life today...asking the HS to come into me and to do what ever He asks.

Within an hour, I met someone from this summer that I had spoken to about doing various ministries...

its been a while, but they recognized me today and invited me to join their street ministry team!

I'm so so very happy and excited to give my life away like this, to serve God.

Here is the song I was singing, Here's My heart Lord, written by Jason Ingram / Chris Tomlin / Louie Giglio, and sung by Lauren Daigle

I am found, I am Yours
I am loved, I'm made pure
I have life, I can breathe
I am healed, I am free

Here's my heart, Lord [x3]
Speak what is true
Here's my life, Lord [x3]
Speak what is true

Songwriters: Jason Ingram / Chris Tomlin / Louie Giglio
Here's My Heart lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Essential Music Publishing, Capitol Christian
Music Group

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums