USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By all means pray for relief! But just know that it is still "His will be done" and it may not be the "will" you want or expect.
So I should pray.....but not expect that I will get what I prayed for?
How do you reconcile this thought with the words of the Master? :"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So I should pray.....but not expect that I will get what I prayed for?
How do you reconcile this thought with the words of the Master? :"Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them."

Lets read the entire passage shall we?

20 Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.”
22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Do you know of any case where a mountain has been moved out of it's place and cast into a sea simply by asking? I will answer for you, NO. So it is safe to say that Jesus was using hyperbole to make His point. In another case Jesus said that we only need a bit of faith as a mustard seed. The moral of this story is "faith in the heart with no doubt" and you will move mountains in the New Kingdom not here on this earth.

• Friendly
Reactions: Concord1968
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lets read the entire passage shall we?

20 Now in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots. 21 And Peter, remembering, said to Him, “Rabbi, look! The fig tree which You cursed has withered away.”
22 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Have faith in God. 23 For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Do you know of any case where a mountain has been moved out of it's place and cast into a sea simply by asking? I will answer for you, NO. So it is safe to say that Jesus was using hyperbole to make His point. In another case Jesus said that we only need a bit of faith as a mustard seed. The moral of this story is "faith in the heart with no doubt" and you will move mountains in the New Kingdom not here on this earth.
Why would mountains need to be moved in the new kingdom? And is His hyperbole, relevant at all for now or is He only talking About a future time.....to you?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would mountains need to be moved in the new kingdom? And is His hyperbole, relevant at all for now or is He only talking About a future time.....to you?
Your missing the point. Moving mountains is not only hyperbolic it is also allegorical. We know very little of the new earth so I was being figurative. A close study of the Hebrew language may help clarify the excessive use of exaggeration in the bible. It is important to know when Jesus is speaking in this manner and when He is not.
Blessings

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your missing the point. Moving mountains is not only hyperbolic it is also allegorical. We know very little of the new earth so I was being figurative. A close study of the Hebrew language may help clarify the excessive use of exaggeration in the bible. It is important to know when Jesus is speaking in this manner and when He is not.
Blessings
Yes I agree, there are points being missed. Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I find no fault in your believing what you believe.

Upvote 0