The phrase “pillow fight” is now offensive to gay people, according to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OT: Does anyone else get "An unexpected error has occurred" message from The Daily Caller? I've been getting that for a couple months now, can't read anything there.

Try a Different browser. You do have any extension like an ad blocker on your current one? Could be the culprit!

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a "leftist" i would simply quip that it sounds like a personal problem. GLAAD isn't the arbitor of what is offensive to the LBGTQ community anymore than I speak for all liberals or Democrats or atheists.

Unfortunately, some of their statements as of late tend to show if you don't agree with them completely? They claim you deny basic humanity to others, etc. They have a whole list of things others are if others don't align with them 100%. All over the top dramatic, ugly, etc. I have people close to me that are gay, and they claim this organization plays right into stereotypes they should reject when they act like this...and that's why they aren't taken to seriously.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is there a mention of a pillow fight there? I didn’t find one in the first link...

lol you're funny! The point I think was the 'pillow fight' is a contrived controversy. I could be wrong, but that is the impression I got.

Upvote 0

Quartermaine

Sep 16, 2019
Alma
✟80,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, some of their statements as of late tend to show if you don't agree with them completely? They claim you deny basic humanity to others, etc. They have a whole list of things others are if others don't align with them 100%. All over the top dramatic, ugly, etc. I have people close to me that are gay, and they claim this organization plays right into stereotypes they should reject when they act like this...and that's why they aren't taken to seriously.
Well here you are not completely agreeing. is anyone attacking you?

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I heard the term used several years ago on a forum and it was addressed to a man. It was meant to be derogatory and an affront on his masculinity. I don’t recall if he was gay. But the intention was clear and everyone got it.

~Bella

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
All good people are homophobes, though the more accurate term is homonausic.

No, they aren't. You might not agree with the way gay people live, but hating or showing contempt or disgust for gay people is wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The more I think about it the more I realize the use of that phrase in context was quite offensive. There is a very simply test to use. Just ask yourself if they would have used the same phrase to describe a similar dialogue between to heterosexual males. It think it is pretty obvious they would not and even more obvious they have not in all the times they had a chance to. In fact I find it very doubtful that they would have used it if even one of the parties involved was a heterosexual male.

So both denigrating to gays and sexist.

What about it is denigrating? Specifically.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
No. Good people don't just dislike sexual deviancy. They're repulsed by it. Much like eating feces, it's disgusting and wrong, and they deserve every bit of contempt and disgust they receive for it. It's shameful aberrosexuality.

I know many good people who are not repulsed by gay people. In fact, that generally seems to be the case. There is no reason to be disgusted by homosexuality unless one has accepted an irrational religious ideology that demands it. People merely have different attractions according to their nature, and it is natural to seek human companionship and intimacy.

Furthermore, showing contempt for somebody based on an innate characteristic is bigoted and doesn't respect their human dignity .

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON
This thread is closed for review. Please remember the forum Statement of Purpose has the following rule:
Homosexuality, Same-Sex Marriage, Bisexuality and Transgenderism/Transexualism: Discussion of these topics must comply with the sitewide rule barring the promotion of homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality, and transgenderism/transexualism. Discussion and debate should only be directed toward political, legal, historical and civil rights issues, and should not be directed toward the morality of homosexuality, same-sex marriage, bisexuality or transgenderism/transexualism.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

this thread has went thru a small cleanup of flaming posts; and is now being reopened.
Please do not flame others.
Hat off.

Upvote 0