the pastor wrote me a letter, but i don't understand it; what does it mean?

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for your opinion. However, we base our practices on the Word of God, not on your opinion of what we should do.

You might not approve of what the church did, but they were right to remove the OP from membership.

The Church is not for the unsaved, but for the Body of Christ.

The Bible teaches that the Church is for the Body of Christ, not for the unsaved. The Bible tells us that there are requirements for membership and also the duty of the Church to remove those who are unrepentant in their sin or who do not hold to sound doctrine.

If you don't like that, then your problem is with God's instructions to the Church and you can take it up with Him.

I am aware for the requirements of church discipline for serious sin when they are not repentant, and I am aware of the church discipline when someone refuses correction. I am not aware of a place that a person who is not saved or who is experiencing church discipline cannot attend church, nor a place where you, who are not a member of those churches, have enough information to evaluate that they were right in their actions. Typically, the church discipline meant to not allow a person to partake of the Eucharist - to treat them as those who aren't believers - until they repented. It didn't mean they couldn't attend the church. Also, it was for the purpose of bringing them home.

Remember, God desires the salvation of us all, should we accept it. Any church discipline is for the purpose of bringing someone back to the fold and is for unrepentence or leading others astray. Church discipline is also only for believers, not those who are not yet a part of the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not aware of a place that a person who is not saved cannot attend church

You really should read people's posts before you respond to them. The OP quoted the pastor's letter which said that while the OP would not be allowed to remain a member due to his behavior, he would still be permitted to attend as a visitor. I only said that the pastor was making a mistake because the OP will only continue to disrupt and spread discord, as evidenced by his posts in this thread, not that the Bible prohibits him from visiting.

Having been an elder for twenty years and having dealt with similar situations numerous times, I stand by that.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You really should read people's posts before you respond to them. The OP quoted the pastor's letter which said that while the OP would not be allowed to remain a member due to his behavior, he would still be permitted to attend as a visitor. I only said that the pastor was making a mistake because the OP will only continue to disrupt and spread discord, as evidenced by his posts in this thread, not that the Bible prohibits him from visiting.

Having been an elder for twenty years and having dealt with similar situations numerous times, I stand by that.

I was responding to your comment that the church is not for unsaved but is for believers. (I did read the posts, though I came into the thread on the late side. )

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then you should have asked me about that rather than making silly straw an arguments

Honestly. I don't see that as straw arguments but needed clarification for that statement. We can agree to disagree.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Then you should have asked me about that rather than making silly straw an arguments

You stated that the Church is for believers not the unsaved. I clarified my perspective by stating that the Church is a Hospital for sinners seeking God, not for the perfect. If you agree, you could have said so. Rather, you refuted my statement by saying I didn't understand church discipline. I clarified that church discipline doesn't mean not allowing them to attend to church, but that it is a way to bring the unrepentant back into the fold. Again, if you agree, you can say so. Individual statements have meaning, even if other posts that somewhat clarify it were made previously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0