• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

"The Passion" - A new movie every week

Discussion in 'The Box Office' started by patriarch, Mar 15, 2004.

1. patriarch

patriarch Senior Member

+4
    Catholic
    So far I have seen the Passion of the Christ three weeks in a row. It's a new movie every week! Every week I am seeing more in it, feeling it more deeply.
    This movie is so incredibly rich, so dense with meaning, such a channel of grace.

I wish I knew how to go about encouraging other Christians to do the same. Let's milk this for all it's worth. Let's keep it in the theaters and not let it go! What a grace to be alive in these days, to have this resource available both for personal inspiration, the edification of the Church, and the conversion of the world around us.

It is, could be, a weekly day of reflection.

When I ask people if they've seen the movie yet, they don't ask me which movie. If it is an exaggeration at all, it is a slight one, but it seems to me this movie is to movies as the bible is to books: head and shoulders above all the rest.

In one of the user reviews, a mother relates that her 12 year old son said, "Mom, this is not only the best movie I have ever seen, it is the best movie I have ever seen." True for all of us.

Has to be, because this one is about Jesus Christ and Him crucified. God's anointing is on this film. Read the user reviews and look at the many accounts of changed lives. If repentance is the fruit, Jesus is the gardener. It is the Lord!

See it again. Get your church to see it again. This is not a one time feast.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. I_Praise_Him

I_Praise_Him Member

+1
    Non-Denom
    I felt guilty while watching it and eating popcorn and coke at the same time.

3. Jesusong

Jesusong Veteran

+91
    Pentecostal
    Married
    This was the first movie where I didn't buy popcorn & a soda. Somehow I couldn't justify indulging myself while Jesus was emptying himself.

4. Knight

Knight Knight of the Cross

+111
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I get your point but it's usually the cost of these items that prevents me from purchacing them.

5. peanutbutter12

peanutbutter12 Senior Veteran

+222
    Christian
    Private
    I didn't buy refreshments because I didn't know if I would be able to eat or drink while watching a movie I really wasn't looking forward to see. I dunno, something about watching someone getting the life beat out of them just doesn't put me in a Coke and Sour Patch Kids mood. However, we did go to the Olive Garden afterwards.

CJ

6. Kristen

Kristen Blah Blah

+28
    Christian
    I couldn't even think about pop or pop-corn, I couldn't stop crying.