"The Passion" - A new movie every week

patriarch

Mar 6, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟1,052.00
Faith
Catholic
So far I have seen the Passion of the Christ three weeks in a row. It's a new movie every week! Every week I am seeing more in it, feeling it more deeply.
This movie is so incredibly rich, so dense with meaning, such a channel of grace.

I wish I knew how to go about encouraging other Christians to do the same. Let's milk this for all it's worth. Let's keep it in the theaters and not let it go! What a grace to be alive in these days, to have this resource available both for personal inspiration, the edification of the Church, and the conversion of the world around us.

It is, could be, a weekly day of reflection.

When I ask people if they've seen the movie yet, they don't ask me which movie. If it is an exaggeration at all, it is a slight one, but it seems to me this movie is to movies as the bible is to books: head and shoulders above all the rest.

In one of the user reviews, a mother relates that her 12 year old son said, "Mom, this is not only the best movie I have ever seen, it is the best movie I have ever seen." True for all of us.

Has to be, because this one is about Jesus Christ and Him crucified. God's anointing is on this film. Read the user reviews and look at the many accounts of changed lives. If repentance is the fruit, Jesus is the gardener. It is the Lord!

See it again. Get your church to see it again. This is not a one time feast.

Jesusong

Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟2,328.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I_Praise_Him said:
I felt guilty while watching it and eating popcorn and coke at the same time.
This was the first movie where I didn't buy popcorn & a soda. Somehow I couldn't justify indulging myself while Jesus was emptying himself.

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesusong said:
This was the first movie where I didn't buy popcorn & a soda. Somehow I couldn't justify indulging myself while Jesus was emptying himself.
I get your point but it's usually the cost of these items that prevents me from purchacing them.

Upvote 0

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I didn't buy refreshments because I didn't know if I would be able to eat or drink while watching a movie I really wasn't looking forward to see. I dunno, something about watching someone getting the life beat out of them just doesn't put me in a Coke and Sour Patch Kids mood. However, we did go to the Olive Garden afterwards.

CJ

Upvote 0