Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's remember the original MMC was! Not the garbage that was put out in the 70's!

In its first year, the show was an hour long! It was divided into 4 section.

1. Whatever! It might be a newsreel, or just about anything!

2. The theme of the day.
Monday------Fun With Music Day
Tuesday-----Guest Star Day
Wednesday--Anything Can Happen Day
Thursday----Circus Day
Friday-------Talent Roundup Day

3--The series of the time
4--The daily cartoon

Let's remember together!

mmouseclub2.jpg

Rich

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
Farmville or diving into Little Rock Pool or on Is
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh yes, I liked the Hardy Boys as well....I loved Spin and Marty and the Annette Series.....(a girl thing maybe)...I did like the Hardy Boys though because I loved Nancy Drew books and they were such a companion book....

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh yes, I liked the Hardy Boys as well....I loved Spin and Marty and the Annette Series.....(a girl thing maybe)...I did like the Hardy Boys though because I loved Nancy Drew books and they were such a companion book....

Yes! The Nancy Drew books were written by Carolyn Keen, and the Hardy Boys books were written by Frank W. Dixon; but both series of books were written by the same person!

Rich

Upvote 0

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes! The Nancy Drew books were written by Carolyn Keen, and the Hardy Boys books were written by Frank W. Dixon; but both series of books were written by the same person!

Rich
I know..I love them...I have read some of them over..I work in a library.
I agree the remake of Mickey Mouse Club was not good. At least I did not think so.

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I remember seeing the Hardy Boys. I loved it. I also remember the Hardy Boys 70's show starring Shaun Cassidy and Parker Stevenson.

What Hardy Boys book was the Mickey Mouse show based on? I remember it had to do with gold coins.

There were two series. The first was the one that you remember, based on the very first book in the series-The Tower's Treasure. The other was called something like Ghost Farm, and not based on any book that I am aware of.

Rich

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

radhead

Contributor
Feb 20, 2006
✟63,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I was a child in the 70's when I saw these on reruns. I don't remember much about them. I do remember something about a summer camp for boys, and horses. Someone had an alarm clock maybe. Something like that.

One thing I do remember. There were these two young actors from the old black and white films who both grew up to be famous actors. They must have been showing pictures of them when they were grown up or something. They introduced themselves (as children) and the audience cheered. I was too young to understand. I thought that they *knew* they were going to be famous when they were older, and so they introduced themselves when they were children for the purpose of explaining to the audience. Something to that effect.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Upvote 0

Rich48

Legend
Aug 3, 2004
✟68,675.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was a child in the 70's when I saw these on reruns. I don't remember much about them. I do remember something about a summer camp for boys, and horses. Someone had an alarm clock maybe. Something like that.

This would be the Spin And Marty Series. There were three of them.

One thing I do remember. There were these two young actors from the old black and white films who both grew up to be famous actors. They must have been showing pictures of them when they were grown up or something. They introduced themselves (as children) and the audience cheered. I was too young to understand. I thought that they *knew* they were going to be famous when they were older, and so they introduced themselves when they were children for the purpose of explaining to the audience. Something to that effect.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Sorry, can't help with the latter. Several of the mouseketeers went on to much bigger and better things.

Rich

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The original series used to come on the Disney channel in reruns when I was growing up in the 80's! I loved this show! My mom used to watch it in the 50's and then I got to see it too in reruns. I loved all the serials especially the one where anette played the poor country girl and she moves to the city to live with her aunt and the city girls and boys are mean to her. great show!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Savedsis

Seasoned Salty Sista
Oct 6, 2004
✟117,391.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Most boys had a crush on Annette, but Cheryl was the one that I "loved".

Cheryl did have a pretty smile....I wonder where they all are today and if they are in show business....?

Upvote 0