The Official SyFy Thread

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like most SF. (except for the stuff SyFy puts out like "sharknado")

My favorite TV series so far has been Andromeda.

Also love most of the Trek TV series and Star Wars in the movies. Like Stargate (early seasons); first season of Orphan Black, first couple of seasons of Eureka, Space 1999, UFO, Battlestar Galictica (first couple seasons of both versions).

And we cannot forget Dr Who. Came in during the Tennant years, but liked Matt Smith just as well. Have yet to decide on the current doctor.

Currently enjoying Humans and Zoo.

ETA:

I also very much enjoy the books of Kathy Tyers. She is a strong Christian and has written in the Star Wars universe (she convinced Lucas to let Luke and Mara have a child) and has her own Firebird series, along with several stand alone SF novels. (or "space opera" as she calls it)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Assuming the Op is limiting choices to the Syfy Channel, I do admit that I watch it on a semi-regular basis. Because of being out, I tend to dvr the majority of the programs I watch, and then binge watch when I have the time. Currently my favorites are; Defiance, Dark Matter, Killjoys, Face Off, Geeks Who Drink, and Reactor.

And yes, it looks bad enough I do watch their movies. In fact I had a Sharknado party when the third one aired. Plenty of people who enjoyed bad movies as much as I do.
I n fact, I have a love for bad movies, and I have to admit that Syfy does feed my need for them.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey - I think anyone who likes SF has a place for bad movies. (we have some of the worst) But my "bad movie" tastes run more to the grade b (c, d, e, ...) from the 50s and 60s.

BTW - did you realize that the original Star Wars (episode IV, A New Hope) was considered a "B" movie?

Upvote 0

Konnie King

Bound for the Promised Land
Feb 16, 2013
Olathe, Kansas
✟211,650.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I remember when it first came on. IT was called the Sci-Fi Channel. It had the planet Saturn as its logo and it showed classic science fiction shows during the daytime. In March 1999 it was shortened to Sci-Fi. Then in March 16, 2009 they announced they were changing the spelling from Sci-Fi to SyFy

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Solomon Kane

Jun 26, 2005
Columbus, OH. USA
✟19,475.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey - I think anyone who likes SF has a place for bad movies. (we have some of the worst) But my "bad movie" tastes run more to the grade b (c, d, e, ...) from the 50s and 60s.

BTW - did you realize that the original Star Wars (episode IV, A New Hope) was considered a "B" movie?

Oh, I have a huge collection of sci-fi from the 50's and 60's. Including some the grade b films. Them!, Tarantula, Deadly Mantis, and Beast from 20,000 Fathoms, among my favorites.

I still have a copy of my local paper, from the time, reviewing Star Wars. The writer panned it. Calling it 'unoriginal' and 'simple'. The only thing good he had to say about it was the quality of the effects and music in the film lifts it above the drive-in fodder that it should have been.

Upvote 0

Vyrzaharak

Jul 8, 2017
Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
✟18,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember when SyFy was called Sci-Fi Channel and them were the days... and though I no longer have cable TV, I still love a lot of stuff, but I'll try to cut what I liked short:

Andromeda
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica (Original, Reimagined, and Caprica)
Farscape
First Wave
Lexx
Ripley’s Believe It or Not
Seven Days
Sliders
Star Trek (Everything but Enterprise; TNG being my favorite)
Stargate (SG-1 & Atlantis; didn’t quite care for Universe even though I still watched it)
True Blood
Warehouse 13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums